Author Topic: Water laden moon?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Water laden moon?
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:53:32 AM »
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110526141400.htm

Umm, sample size?  Can you really extrapolate to such a large mass of water from just this?

Is there water on the moon?  I think so.  This much?  I don't know, but I am skeptical of such claims to a vast quantity.

The earth is 3.7 times larger than the moon.  I would think most people would agree that we are a water-rich planet by any standard.

To say that the moon has as much water as the earth seems to defy logic.  Of course their language "in some places it rivals the amount of water found within Earth" is sensationalistic.  Not a well written article in that regard from a scientific perspective IMO!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Water laden moon?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
Some of these "Scientists" should be selling used cars .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
I think they're doing better than that, er worse, er whatever...I think they're selling Climate Change!

::puke::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 04:47:22 PM »

Is there water on the moon?  I think so.  This much?  I don't know, but I am skeptical of such claims to a vast quantity.

We should send an expedition to find out, then plant a flag and claim it.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:50:29 PM »

Is there water on the moon?  I think so.  This much?  I don't know, but I am skeptical of such claims to a vast quantity.

We should send an expedition to find out, then plant a flag and claim it.

There's no social justice angle to that Charles. We'll leave that kind of exploration up to the Chinese and the Russians from now on.

Besides, it might make America look good or powerful. Can't have that.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson