Topics > Weather, Climate, & Natural Disasters

The all time record high temps for LA are the result of faulty weather stations

(1/2) > >>

Pandora:
and should be disqualified.

--- Quote ---With those hot weather records in Los Angeles being set, it’s important to remember where measurements are taken. I’ve done an investigation and found that every “all time high” reported by the LA Times is from a station compromised by heat sources and heat sinks. In my opinion, the data from these stations is worthless.
--- End quote ---

Weather "stations" smack in the middle of asphalt, lots of vehicles parked nearby; one placed in an airport by a runway, likely to be affected by jet backwash; another placed on a roof between two AC units.  Real scientific.

Y'all need to see the pics.

--- Quote ---... A reminder, NOAA’s own requirements for the placement of thermometers to record climate data has been violated on every one of these stations.

Thermometers

Thermometers should be shielded from the sun, rain, snow and other sources of light, heat, or cold that can cause erroneous readings. If an instrument shelter is used, it should be designed to allow the maximum possible free flow of air while providing protection from heat, precipitation and light. A shady location on the northeast side of the school is a preferred site.

The thermometer should be 4.5 to 6 feet above the ground and in a grassy location. (You may need to keep a step stool nearby for short people because readings are taken at eye level to minimize parallax error.) A flat, open clearing is desirable so that the thermometer is freely ventilated by the flow of air. Stay at least 100 feet away from concrete or paved surfaces. Avoid balconies, patios, enclosed porches, and beneath eaves.
--- End quote ---

richb:
Surprise surprise........ no not really. 

One of the biggest science scams ever seen.   Another one that keeps going on and on,  that dippy Musk and his electric car.

Libertas:
I swear I have deja Vu all over again...and again...and again!

I lost track of how many locations have pics of probes in hot spaces on rooftops and such.

And people are too stupid to realize accurate ambient temperature are taken in the shade away from heat producing/absorbing-radiating sources.

They placed these things in hotspots INTENTIONALLY!

Makes one want to harpoon a prog in the forehead for the good of mankind.

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: Libertas on July 11, 2018, 06:47:50 AM ---I swear I have deja Vu all over again...and again...and again!

I lost track of how many locations have pics of probes in hot spaces on rooftops and such.

And people are too stupid to realize accurate ambient temperature are taken in the shade away from heat producing/absorbing-radiating sources.

They placed these things in hotspots INTENTIONALLY!

Makes one want to harpoon a prog in the forehead for the good of mankind.

--- End quote ---

Makes you wonder if a meteorologist gets a liberal arts degree as opposed to a technical/scientific degree.  Course we have always known
weather forecasting is 8 parts BS, and 2 parts possible fact.   Locally we had a really bad windstorm....Residents have photo's of a Funnel
Cloud, however, the Nat. Weather Service reported "in line winds", based on their highly accurate radar station (about 75 plus miles away).

Pandora:
They kill me.  It ain't a tornado until and when they say their equipment says it's a tornado.  Nevermind about you, with yer roof ripped off ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version