Author Topic: I don't think this settlement impact can be overstated!  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I don't think this settlement impact can be overstated!
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »
http://joshblackman.com/blog/2018/07/10/doj-second-amendment-foundation-reach-settlement-in-defense-distributed-lawsuit/

And this is the clincher -

Significantly, the government expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50-caliber – including modern semi-auto sporting rifles such as the popular AR-15 and similar firearms – are not inherently military.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: I don't think this settlement impact can be overstated!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:35:56 PM »
http://joshblackman.com/blog/2018/07/10/doj-second-amendment-foundation-reach-settlement-in-defense-distributed-lawsuit/

Significantly, the government expressly acknowledges that non-automatic firearms up to .50-caliber – including modern semi-auto sporting rifles such as the popular AR-15 and similar firearms – are not inherently military.

Back at ACOC all the gun people said they would never fire a 3D printed gun.

There was even an episode of The Good Wife dealing with this. It was on Amazon Prime last I checked.
A kinda funny episode. Some guy downloaded a file, tweeked it a little, printed it, and took it to the gun range to test. As I recall it blew the face off the guy watching behind him.
Who to sue? Everybody!
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 08:26:48 AM »

Back at ACOC all the gun people said they would never fire a 3D printed gun.

There was even an episode of The Good Wife dealing with this. It was on Amazon Prime last I checked.
A kinda funny episode. Some guy downloaded a file, tweeked it a little, printed it, and took it to the gun range to test. As I recall it blew the face off the guy watching behind him.
Who to sue? Everybody!

Uhh huh.  Like everything now days warning labels have to be emblazoned everywhere to inform people who don't know what they are doing that failure to follow directions properly is just your tough sh*t.

I don't really care if people 3D or not 3D...most people are bright enough to know a completely composite gun should be treated like any disposable item...most intelligent people know it is a process best suited for peripheral parts not barrels and chambers.

Most people would cheer the government being cornered into openly admitting that civilian "assault rifles" are not military weapons.

Disclaimer - I still want progtards to shake, shiver and piss themselves in abject fear of scary black rifles being in the hands of liberty-loving people!

::hat-tip::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »
Disclaimer - I still want progtards to shake, shiver and piss themselves in abject fear of scary black rifles being in the hands of liberty-loving people!

I can't wait until the technology advances such that I see Glocks and Colts popping out like fresh toast!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 06:54:48 AM »
Amen!

::whoohoo::