Topics > World/Foreign Affairs

Vietnam now

<< < (2/2)

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: Libertas on July 14, 2018, 08:34:54 AM ---There have always been racial tension between the two...mainly China's historical attitude regardless of governmental form that their race is pure compared to other orientals.

--- End quote ---

After the US Vietnam war I recall China attacked Vietnam. Vietnam cleaned their clocks. The Vietnamese were used to hard fighting.

Maybe 10 years after the US Vietnam war the Vietnamese invited US warships to use the harbor at Cam Ranh bay.

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: patentlymn on July 14, 2018, 05:24:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on July 14, 2018, 08:34:54 AM ---There have always been racial tension between the two...mainly China's historical attitude regardless of governmental form that their race is pure compared to other orientals.

--- End quote ---

After the US Vietnam war I recall China attacked Vietnam. Vietnam cleaned their clocks. The Vietnamese were used to hard fighting.

Maybe 10 years after the US Vietnam war the Vietnamese invited US warships to use the harbor at Cam Ranh bay.

--- End quote ---

Yep!  and on March 4, 2018 the USS Carl Vinson arrived in Danang Harbor. 

patentlymn:

--- Quote from: Libertas on July 13, 2018, 07:11:28 PM ---Not sure how threatening this is to communist rule at this point, as much angst toward fellow commies in China than anything, but it is interesting how the wheel turns...

http://www.atimes.com/article/a-democratic-revolution-has-just-begun-in-vietnam/

--- End quote ---

I just realized that the pissed off Vietnamese are upset that the govt is giving parts of their country away to China. Sound like Trump voters.

Libertas:
Yeah, I didn't miss that.  The two have a long unpleasant history.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version