Author Topic: TSA ruling is a joke, cements in tyranny  (Read 994 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
TSA ruling is a joke, cements in tyranny
« on: July 13, 2018, 07:14:58 PM »
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/tsa-screeners-win-immunity-flier-abuse-claims-u-150740124.html

Pretty much cements in my no-fly boycott into permanent status.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: TSA ruling is a joke, cements in tyranny
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »
Mine as well, Libertas.  This cannot be allowed to stand.

Related:  http://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/2018/07/ever-see-snake-try-to-eat-its-own-tail.html

... So if they're not investigating anything, and not acting as law enforcement officers, what authority do they have to conduct a search of persons or belongings? Federal law now says "None, whatsoever."

And who am I, or who is any mere TSA flunkie, to argue with or contradict the considered jurisprudence of two sitting federal appellate judges? I ask you.

IANAL, but in declaring the TSA "not investigative or law enforcement officers", the 3rd Circus has cleared the way for passengers to ignore their requests, on the grounds that the federal court has denied them any legal or law enforcement jurisdiction over private citizens.

Thanks, guys. Now I have federal legal precedent to tell you to go self-fornicate.

They can't have it both ways, and the court, in shielding the merry band of incompetents from any shred of civil tort liability, has now cut the TSA's enforcement balls off in this case. That's going to leave a mark, albeit a tiny one, given the size of the appendage in question.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: TSA ruling is a joke, cements in tyranny
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:30 AM »
Hopefully makes it to SCOTUS about the time the cadaver Ginsburg is replaced.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.