Topics > Faith & Family

According to Who? – Soli ‘Meo’ Gloria

<< < (2/2)

Pandora:

--- Quote ---Does answering the question "Does this dress make me look fat?" - in a manner that sustains ones marriage & keeps the other's self-esteem intact, represent "bearing false witness"?
--- End quote ---

Similar dilemma, but different.  I believe we are bound to tell the truth, not lie, to those owed The Truth.  But .... there is a tactful, truthful way to deal with such a question by avoiding a yes or no and, instead, suggesting another "dress", i.e. "That outfit does not do you justice but I think that blue whatsit with the thingamajig on the whosit makes you look splendid!"

My question to you was, however, strictly about government and their agents .......... and, inclusively, anybody asking "officially" after anything not their business.

Pablo de Fleurs:

--- Quote from: Pandora on July 14, 2018, 12:49:13 PM ---
My question to you was, however, strictly about government and their agents .......... and, inclusively, anybody asking "officially" after anything not their business.

--- End quote ---

That one's fairly straightforward:

"That, my good man, is simply none of your business. And, if it were ever any of your business, I'd most likely have one of those memory lapses that so plague the upper echelons of elitist politicians -  especially when they're under oath. Do I make myself clear, or shall I 'splain it to you again?"

----------------------------------------------------
I’m a big fan of communicating directly to the issues and/or facts that, while evident, most do not address. If someone tells me “C’mon, Pablo, this one’s a no-brainer!” – I might ask “You’re not trying to intimidate me, are you? Because I’m still not getting it.”

Our son has a speech impediment which is severe when he’s on the phone – he’ll, literally, say “Uhm” 10 times in a row. I’ve told him to tell people that when on the phone: “I have a speech impediment which is severe & pronounced on the phone. I’m much better face to face.”

Strip the conversation down to the essentials and/or the obvious. Otherwise, people fill in the blanks on their own & are often wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version