Author Topic: Will Deerfield, IL be the Lexington of American Revolution 2.0?  (Read 5339 times)

Offline NHTom

• I don't fit in your fasces
Re: Will Deerfield, IL be the Lexington of American Revolution 2.0?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
AKA useful idiots.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 09:13:39 PM »
I saw this subject line and had to laugh. I'm familiar with Deerfield though I don't live there. Those people won't be marching in the streets any time soon especially for the 2A. Maybe if Starbucks changes their hours. This was a suburb that was full of post WWII starter homes and now boasts mega homes on teeny lots. The high school if I remember correctly offered a session during its freshman orientation on being sensitive to the gay student. This was way before our current climate maybe 15 years ago. The minor protest by some concerned parents was over run by the more caring types (lol). The concerned parents didn't like that they weren't permitted to attend  the orientation or see the materials.  The more caring parents didn't have a problem with that. Such is their trust in the almighty school system of Illinois especially in their affluent suburb.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
Hey you!  Mighty glad to "see" you here!

Illinois might as well be New Jersey might as well be New York, Maryland, California or ............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »
Ditto!  How's your husband and kids LV?

As for Deerfield...anywhere near Dearbornistan or Detroit?

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »

Fam is well. Thanks for asking.

Deerfield is north of Chicago. Full of entitled. The town took homes by imminent domain so they could have a fancy shopping center with Whole Foods.

A few years ago when my youngest was still a competing figure skater we had to stay in Dearborn and go to a Dearborn rink. I hated being there. We couldn't leave the hotel at night.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »

Fam is well. Thanks for asking.

Deerfield is north of Chicago. Full of entitled. The town took homes by imminent domain so they could have a fancy shopping center with Whole Foods.

A few years ago when my youngest was still a competing figure skater we had to stay in Dearborn and go to a Dearborn rink. I hated being there. We couldn't leave the hotel at night.

Good, glad the family is well.

My sister got in a fender bender while in Chicago somewhere...legal crap taking forever to resolve.

I refuse to go there, or any place that bans God-given Constitutional rights...but bad areas I know...heck I work in a sketchy one.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.