Author Topic: Nikki Haley Pushes Multiculturalism:‘Fabric of America’ Is ‘Multiple Cultures...  (Read 1752 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
....Multiple Populations’

United Nations (U.N.) Ambassador Nikki Haley pushed the idea of a multicultural America during a visit to India.

While Haley visited India a few weeks ago, she pushed the notion that America was founded as a “nation of immigrants” with “multiple cultures” and “multiple populations,” calling the multicultural worldview the “fabric of America.”

Uh, Nikki, NO.

Read the rest, she wants the world to come here as long as they do it "legally".

And we ain't a 'nation of immigrants' either!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
The country was founded by people in quest of freedom - particularly economic & religious freedom. True, there were many backgrounds, but the motto e pluribus unum (out of many, one), unites us. Not "united in government", united in a freedom/liberty mindset. Our sovereignty resides in the hands of the people.

But things change along the way. It's like the guy who boasts having an "original" Abe Lincoln axe in his garage. But over the years, wear & tear have necessitated that the handle be changed twice & the axe head 3 times.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

United Nations (U.N.) Ambassador Nikki Haley pushed the idea of a multicultural America during a visit to India.

While Haley visited India a few weeks ago, she pushed the notion that America was founded as a “nation of immigrants” with “multiple cultures” and “multiple populations,” calling the multicultural worldview the “fabric of America.”

Uh, Nikki, NO.

Read the rest, she wants the world to come here as long as they do it "legally".

We are a nation with immigrants not of.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I've seen this described as not a melting pot but a salad bowl.
The idea of the salad bowl is everyone is together but they all retain their own distinct culture, lifestyle etc

As a child I remember the melting pot idea as everyone becomes American. Everyone WANTED  to be American. Now that's some kind be of sin we all have to apologize for. 

Well, I'm not seeing how the salad bowl idea is helping.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.

Uh, Nikki, NO.

Nope, not that either.  Once you're a citizen, if you've disconnected from your previous country and aligned with the laws, mores and culture of this one, you're not an immigrant anymore, you're an American.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop

Nope, not that either.  Once you're a citizen, if you've disconnected from your previous country and aligned with the laws, mores and culture of this one, you're not an immigrant anymore, you're an American.

I'm O.K. with the "salad" analogy . . .  as long as, once you're in the [salad] bowl, you're covered & drenched with . . . American dressing.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I'm O.K. with the "salad" analogy . . .  as long as, once you're in the [salad] bowl, you're covered & drenched with . . . American dressing.

::USA:: ::USA:: ::USA::
 ::danceban:: ::danceban:: ::danceban::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I shouldn't have to ask if that American Dressing includes bacon!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

Uh, Nikki, NO.

Not according to my papers and the laws in place.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

That

REAGAN_1776

True but if you say a single thing about America's WHITE CULTURE hollywood and the media say that you're a racist bigot!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
True but if you say a single thing about America's WHITE CULTURE hollywood and the media say that you're a racist bigot!

And . . . ?  ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!

And . . . ?  ;D

It won't end well for them with that attitude...

SSDD
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.