Author Topic: 2018 and 2020 could have lots of fireworks  (Read 272858 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 2018 and 2020 could have lots of fireworks
« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2020, 09:04:55 AM »
Is the up is down, down is up totally un-sane "America Sucks! Trump Sucks!" batshyt-crazy DemCom virtual virtual thingamajiggy over yet?

Hard to tell where the seams are from one FakeNews propaganda piece to the next is...it's all 99.9% bash America, bash Trump, bash whites, bash the productive, bash women not throwing babies to Moloch....blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda...

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #701 on: August 21, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1296645272530034689

DemCom terrorists...

My sister would have kicked the sh!t out of both their fat commie asses!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #702 on: August 21, 2020, 10:36:07 AM »
  I wish that was my daughter and they touched my grandsons hat.   foottapping It would be a bloody mess out there .
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #703 on: August 21, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »
11 days without electricity and the worst thing about it?  I missed the entire convention.

::curtsy4::

'Sup, all.   ::grouphug::

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2020, 01:01:26 PM »
When you get it back tune into the comedy channel for reruns

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:51 PM »
11 days without electricity and the worst thing about it?  I missed the entire convention.

Welcome back.

What happened to your electricity?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »

Welcome back.

What happened to your electricity?

Being at ground zero for the Iowa Hurricane.    Have a good video but this won't let me attach.  50mb limit, right?

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2020, 05:00:01 PM »

You could make a youtube account and upload video there.
I had no idea the electric outage was that bad but I do not watch TV news.
I lived in Clinton for a couple years.  I did jobs in Des Moines and Keokuk.
I did not like the river towns at all.

Were these straight line winds? How wide and long was the damage?

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2020, 05:09:25 PM »

I found a map.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
Well, they got Fed disaster funds approved by Trump...and there are videos out there about derecho's (sp?) ripping through...pretty sure we call those stright line winds in these parts.

Duh, summer...it totally went over my head first read through that Todd could be back in the states!  Sorry Todd, hope all are OK.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »
Locally, they estimate winds peaked at 140mph.  Trees down everywhere.  I think it's called a derecho because of the sheer size of the storm.  It really is like a hurricane, only not lasting hours, but instead, this one lasted about 40 minutes.

Heh, you don't like river towns based on Keokuk, a town that's been in decline since the 1930's?  You know you're in a hole when you go to places like Burlington and Quincy for big city excitement.   ::hysterical::  Clinton isn't much better.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2020, 10:26:47 PM »
Locally, they estimate winds peaked at 140mph.  Trees down everywhere.  I think it's called a derecho because of the sheer size of the storm.  It really is like a hurricane, only not lasting hours, but instead, this one lasted about 40 minutes.

Heh, you don't like river towns based on Keokuk, a town that's been in decline since the 1930's?  You know you're in a hole when you go to places like Burlington and Quincy for big city excitement.   ::hysterical::  Clinton isn't much better.

The people in Clinton were nasty. My mom played bridge against a priest. His first parish was in Clinton.  He said that he hoped her son had friends because no one in Clinton would have anything to do with him. In the bars most women in early 20s had been divorced with kids already.

In a town of 30,000 there was half a bookstore, in a loft above the Hallmark Greeting Card store. Mostly romance novels.

I played on the company softball team even though I was a spaz. In my experience such things are an excuse to drink. Everyone went home after the game.  The only drinking was the Mormon who drank during the game.

There was an old German origin engineer at the plant with an Italian wife. When she found out I was leaving she told me that was right because the women in Clinton were ugly.

I worked at the corn wet milling plant in Keokuk for a couple weeks. After a hot sweaty day I dreamed of a gin and tonic after the day. At the hotel bar I ordered one. I almost spit it out. The bartender said they made theirs with seven up! ugh! I met a service guy who had worked at the plant. He said he was so bored he got married. Then divorced.

I met a farmer from a town 20 miles west of Clinton, moving his daughter into Clinton. He made a comment about the nasty river town people. It made me think.

I moved to Chicago, and after some training, got my first assignment. It was in Des Moines IA.
The people there were wonderful midwest people. Yay!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »

Clinton corn processing

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #714 on: August 22, 2020, 07:15:38 AM »
I worked at the corn wet milling plant in Keokuk for a couple weeks.

Hubingers?  My grandpa worked there most of his life.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #715 on: August 22, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »

You didn't miss much...

::exitstageleft::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #716 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:39 AM »
Is the up is down, down is up totally un-sane "America Sucks! Trump Sucks!" batshyt-crazy DemCom virtual virtual thingamajiggy over yet?

Hard to tell where the seams are from one FakeNews propaganda piece to the next is...it's all 99.9% bash America, bash Trump, bash whites, bash the productive, bash women not throwing babies to Moloch....blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda...

Tucker did a pretty nice job of summarizing the DNC strategy. Display an endless procession of professional victims, all frothing at the mouth from their various n sundry pet outrages (all conveniently Trump's fault of course). Then prop up Slo Joe Bidet as the calming Mr. Roger's character. I'm surprised that they didn't dress Joe in a knit sweater. Biden becomes that tasteless gelatin capsule that holds the nasty medicine that promises to make us all better - or maybe kill us.

All carefully calculated to lull one into believing the insipid lies the left has been telling us.

Will we be stupid enough to bite?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #717 on: August 31, 2020, 09:54:03 AM »

Tucker did a pretty nice job of summarizing the DNC strategy. Display an endless procession of professional victims, all frothing at the mouth from their various n sundry pet outrages (all conveniently Trump's fault of course). Then prop up Slo Joe Bidet as the calming Mr. Roger's character. I'm surprised that they didn't dress Joe in a knit sweater. Biden becomes that tasteless gelatin capsule that holds the nasty medicine that promises to make us all better - or maybe kill us.

All carefully calculated to lull one into believing the insipid lies the left has been telling us.

Will we be stupid enough to bite?

Well, the we/the they...have no choice...Jellohead and Leg-spreader have no choice, they have to appeal to all the crazy shyt...the racist Marxist terrorists of BLM, the fascist anarchists of pAntifa, the brainless feeders of white guilt lies, the uterus-first feminazi's, the government leeches, parasites and drones, the sundry criminals and dregs of society...if anybody pretending to want life, liberty & happiness thinks the team of dementia-riddled Quid-Pro Chi-XCom Joe and Heels Up Harris (who just urged the violence to continue) are that answer they are too stupid to live.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #718 on: August 31, 2020, 10:33:03 AM »
If there is a 2024...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/08/27/2024-presidential-candidate-kristi-noem-2020-rnc-speech/

...fine with me, been a supporter for years...

But, let's not lose sight of now...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #719 on: August 31, 2020, 09:17:16 PM »
  Way too soon to tell for me.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie