Author Topic: Sessions: DOJ Will Continue to Pursue an End to DACA and Fight Activist Courts  (Read 953 times)

Online WilliamVA

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/08/06/sessions-doj-will-continue-to-pursue-an-end-to-daca-n2507323

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is vowing to pursue the end of DACA after a federal judge ruled last week the amnesty program must be reinstated in full. President Trump ended the program in September 2017 and called on Congress to come up with a fix.

"We strongly disagree with the district court’s decision on Friday in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) case.  The executive branch’s authority to simply rescind a policy, established only by a letter from the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, is clearly established. The Department of Justice will take every lawful measure to vindicate the Department of Homeland Security’s lawful rescission of DACA," Sessions released in a statement Monday afternoon.

Sessions went on to make the case that the rescinding of DACA is consistent with federal law and that the previous administration was in violation when President Obama pushed through the program by executive order.

"The last administration violated its duty to enforce our immigration laws by directing and implementing a categorical, multipronged non-enforcement immigration policy for a massive group of illegal aliens. This wrongful action left DACA open to the same legal challenges that effectively invalidated another program they established—Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents (DAPA). DAPA’s implementation was blocked by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and never entered into effect. These two policies declared by officials of the previous administration—by policy letters only—had been considered by Congress and rejected, Sessions said. "The Trump Administration’s action to withdraw the policy letters simply reestablished the legal policies consistent with the law. Not only did the Trump Administration have the authority to withdraw this guidance letter, it had a duty to do so. As former President Obama previously said, the changes they attempted to effect through this policy letter can only be lawfully achieved by congressional action. The judicial branch has no power to eviscerate the lawful directives of Congress—nor to enjoin the executive branch from enforcing such mandates."
Recommended

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  I don't believe him.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
  I don't believe him.

He'll have to prove it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I lean your way.

It's ridiculous this is even still in the courts.  These judges seriously need reining in.

/I think I started a thread on this issue somewhere .............

eta:  Ah, here it is -- related:

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,16600.0.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:16:00 AM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I lean your way.

It's ridiculous this is even still in the courts.  These judges seriously need reining in.

/I think I started a thread on this issue somewhere .............

eta:  Ah, here it is -- related:

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,16600.0.html

Yes, like I said there...Trump needs to be Jacksonian with these overstepping judges, ignore them ..dare them to try to enforce their BS!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.