Author Topic: Facebook Wants Your Bank/Credit Card Info - Amazon/Google wants medical info  (Read 3384 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Facebook has requested customer financial information from a number of U.S. banks without obtaining permission from users, according to a recent report.

Included in the requests are credit card transactions and checking account balances for the customers.

Facebook has spoken with JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup Inc. and U.S. Bancorp. Their requests are ostensibly to “help” their users by showing their checking account balances on their Facebook feed, making it easier to sell products and services.

Yeah, they want to "HELP" their users by helping themselves to ever more personal information.

Something needs to be done about them.

eta:  http://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/08/23/google-amazon-and-ibm-all-trying-to-acquire-your-hospital-records-issue-statement-demanding-end-of-patient-privacy/

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/08/14/alphabet-amazon-ibm-and-microsoft-want-hospitals-data/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:53:36 PM by Pandora »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yeah, I read this and thought if they are asking for it they already have everything else...and if banks say no they have sent the message to the deepstate they want it.  It is no surprise to me a corrupt thought-control unregulated pirate is targeting a regulated industry for data.  Just one more reason among millions why all this statist crap needs to be destroyed!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
 If my bank uttered word one about my financial anything without my permission It would be like hitting the lottery.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
After all we've been finding out, I can't imagine why anyone would want to use Google or Apple to handle their finances.  To give these companies a record of your spending. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
What about the damned smartphones?  Any not getting hoovered for data?  I am thinking of getting something else, but what?  Is anything really safe anymore?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Keep it off the web, period.  I do none of my banking, nor bill paying, online.  Is it inconvenient?  Not for me; I'm doing it the way I've always done it.

This is not to say my 411 isn't getting out, but I'm not making it easy by putting it on my laptop, desktop, phone, devices.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Keep it off the web, period.  I do none of my banking, nor bill paying, online.  Is it inconvenient?  Not for me; I'm doing it the way I've always done it.

This is not to say my 411 isn't getting out, but I'm not making it easy by putting it on my laptop, desktop, phone, devices.

I can't do that, joint accounts for lake etc, PITA!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
If my bank uttered word one about my financial anything without my permission It would be like hitting the lottery.

God only knows what the law is in this field. The banks took over the govt long ago. I recall there are 5 financial industry lobbyists for every member of congress. Ever receive these new, updated 'service agreements'  from banks and credit card companies that you never agreed to?  Maybe you agreed to them by not closing out your account.

The last one prolly said, in small print, that you have the right to bend over, grease up, and accept binding arbitration from a firm friendly to the banks.

If your medical care provider ever released your private medical data without permission it used to be that you did win the lottery.  I do know that Obamacare exempted lots or organizations especially the govt.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders

I succumbed to online banking several years ago. Couldn't help myself. I was doing a lot of ebay and online purchasing and it just became too ingrained a part of my business.

I have one computer that I use exclusively for banking. Never do anything or go anywhere else on it and don't even boot it up until bill-pay day.

So far I've been lucky.....

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
I've been banking online since 2000.  It's just so convenient.  But why use Googlepay, or Applepay, or whatever it's called? 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!

https://youtu.be/9di0yPrwRHE
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I've been banking online since 2000.  It's just so convenient.  But why use Googlepay, or Applepay, or whatever it's called?

Yeah, I don't do much outside of my routine bill paying through the bank and transferring funds between accounts...I use PayPal once in a while for purchases if it is offered so I don't have to use a credit card...I've had credit card info pilfered three times...in some cases I suspect it wasn't from online but in-store use. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

https://youtu.be/9di0yPrwRHE

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
See original post for new information on medical data "sharing" wanted by tech giants.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
See original post for new information on medical data "sharing" wanted by tech giants.

Not surprised.

But this - "The Obama administration’s involvement in healthcare I.T., Healthcare.gov, is considered one of the great technological failures of our time."

What a stunning piece of disinformation that sh*t is!!!

The Progressive-Fascist bastards that spawned that Unconstitutional (despite the sayings and legislative re-write of The Dread Traitor Roberts!) and Un-American abomination had both ends covered!  If it was cemented in place they would have the craddle-grave control over the delivery of health care and it would be a matter of when not if they took control of the whole enchilada with government single payer!  The medical records of every soul alive and yet to be born would have been theirs.  The natural progression would be the immediate removal of 2A rights for anybody breathing before a shrink or deemed impaired in any way by any physician.  Then it would eventually come to the treatment of those deemed worth saving and the rest being euthanized.  Others would be medicated and left to die.  It would be forced sterilizations and mandatory abortions of those classified by the state as unfit.  It would be their realization of the worst that Sanger and Hitler and Stalin could bring to society.

Since ObamaCare imploded under the weight of skyrocketing premiums and mountains of regulation and massive public opposition...the Progressive-Fascist forces move on to Plan B - DeepState Social Media/Tech takeover of data.  The once privacy-rights conscience liberals not skipping a beat in their quest for total control of humanity. 

This is an obvious move.

So far in my outfit I have not seen this materialize behind the scenes, but I cannot rule it out entirely.  We contract a handful of outside vendors for analytics for various purposes, some more than others...and while the data shared for internal improvements in performance in service, cost and profitability do not contain the context of patient status, the raw data is there and some inferences could be drawn at a detailed actuarial level for a broader population-based extrapolation.  Is it being used like that and shared with anybody?  I have no idea.  The skeptic in me says something is already being shared...just don't know how much and with whom.

Anyway, such a grand national overreach of the kind envisioned by the statists cannot under any circumstance be tolerated or it becomes an embedded foundation of direct tyranny.