Topics > Judiciary, Crime, & Courts

Paul Manafort Trial

(1/3) > >>

BigAlSouth:
First, let me say that if a jury convicts Paul Manafort of any charges, I'm in no mood to defend him. That being said, his trial in Virginia is becoming an absolute embarrassment for Mueller's persecution team. Federal Judge T.S. Ellis had handed the Mueller Team its collective ass on several occasions.

Rick Gates, the choirboy star witness just got off the stand and I guarantee his first stop was the men's room to clean out his shorts. He didn't make any friends with Judge Ellis, who recognized a lie when he heard one.

Check out https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/muellers-star-witness-rick-gates-falls-apart-during-cross-examination-by-manafort-lawyers-perjures-himself/

Normally, I don't cite Gateway Pundit, but his blog was referencing the blog Techno Fog, a lawyer in the courtroom adding his observations to the trial.

In an answer to the defense's question to a witness who has agreed to plead guilty to providing false information to the government, Gates testifies: “I didn’t provide false and misleading information to the Special Counsel’s office.”

Trap sprung, bait taken.

From Techno Fog:

Defense: If you didn’t lie, then why did you plead guilty to providing false information?

Gates backtracks: “Under one instance I did.”

Judge Ellis calls Gates out: “Well, so previously, you said you didn’t provide false information.”

God bless Judge Ellis. If Mueller wins this one, he has certainly earned it.

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: BigAlSouth on August 08, 2018, 12:15:15 PM ---First, let me say that if a jury convicts Paul Manafort of any charges, I'm in no mood to defend him. That being said, his trial in Virginia is becoming an absolute embarrassment for Mueller's persecution team. Federal Judge T.S. Ellis had handed the Mueller Team its collective ass on several occasions.

Rick Gates, the choirboy star witness just got off the stand and I guarantee his first stop was the men's room to clean out his shorts. He didn't make any friends with Judge Ellis, who recognized a lie when he heard one.

Check out https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/muellers-star-witness-rick-gates-falls-apart-during-cross-examination-by-manafort-lawyers-perjures-himself/

Normally, I don't cite Gateway Pundit, but his blog was referencing the blog Techno Fog, a lawyer in the courtroom adding his observations to the trial.

In an answer to the defense's question to a witness who has agreed to plead guilty to providing false information to the government, Gates testifies: “I didn’t provide false and misleading information to the Special Counsel’s office.”

Trap sprung, bait taken.

From Techno Fog:

Defense: If you didn’t lie, then why did you plead guilty to providing false information?

Gates backtracks: “Under one instance I did.”

Judge Ellis calls Gates out: “Well, so previously, you said you didn’t provide false information.”

God bless Judge Ellis. If Mueller wins this one, he has certainly earned it.

--- End quote ---

Gates lied under oath about lying.  Plus he lied about the extra-marital affair, he didn't have one....
oh no... he had four.  We will find out as the trial moves along, one of the questions raised today,
related to whether Gates lying under oath, on the witness stand is enough to negate is plea deal.
That I believe is on hold, but you can bet Judge Ellis isn't gonna let it go later in the trial.   
Time will tell.

Libertas:
Gates is a worm, good people justifiably react offended as soon as a worm's dirt"eating mouth open, on the opposite end low-life statist goons like Mueller et al love worms, as long as they do as told.  Given his pathetic performance and dim intellect nobody is ever going to like that worm.  His immunity deserves to be revoked, and if this is the best Mueller and his goons can come up with Manafort walks.

ToddF:
I can't imagine a conviction, which takes 100% of the jury. 

I predict a hung jury.  Justice is over if this clusterf(ail) can get a conviction, with this circus of a trial.

WilliamVA:

--- Quote from: Libertas on August 08, 2018, 10:15:02 PM ---Gates is a worm, good people justifiably react offended as soon as a worm's dirt"eating mouth open, on the opposite end low-life statist goons like Mueller et al love worms, as long as they do as told.  Given his pathetic performance and dim intellect nobody is ever going to like that worm.  His immunity deserves to be revoked, and if this is the best Mueller and his goons can come up with Manafort walks.

--- End quote ---

They have yet explained why Manafort was exonerated for this same issue back when Mueller was  with the FBI?   I read yesterday by a lib commentator that "Manafort controlled all the money", not a fact, just an assumption.  If Manafort single handedly handled all the money, how did Gates embezzle thousands of dollars, and Manafort not notice?  Not saying Manafort is a choirboy, however, I keep getting the funny feeling the embezzler is trying to blame his scheme on his partner.  Just a thought

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version