Author Topic: Paul Manafort Trial  (Read 3820 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Paul Manafort Trial
« on: August 08, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »
First, let me say that if a jury convicts Paul Manafort of any charges, I'm in no mood to defend him. That being said, his trial in Virginia is becoming an absolute embarrassment for Mueller's persecution team. Federal Judge T.S. Ellis had handed the Mueller Team its collective ass on several occasions.

Rick Gates, the choirboy star witness just got off the stand and I guarantee his first stop was the men's room to clean out his shorts. He didn't make any friends with Judge Ellis, who recognized a lie when he heard one.

Check out https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/muellers-star-witness-rick-gates-falls-apart-during-cross-examination-by-manafort-lawyers-perjures-himself/

Normally, I don't cite Gateway Pundit, but his blog was referencing the blog Techno Fog, a lawyer in the courtroom adding his observations to the trial.

In an answer to the defense's question to a witness who has agreed to plead guilty to providing false information to the government, Gates testifies: “I didn’t provide false and misleading information to the Special Counsel’s office.”

Trap sprung, bait taken.

From Techno Fog:

Defense: If you didn’t lie, then why did you plead guilty to providing false information?

Gates backtracks: “Under one instance I did.”

Judge Ellis calls Gates out: “Well, so previously, you said you didn’t provide false information.”

God bless Judge Ellis. If Mueller wins this one, he has certainly earned it.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online WilliamVA

Re: Paul Manafort Trial
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 04:37:24 PM »
First, let me say that if a jury convicts Paul Manafort of any charges, I'm in no mood to defend him. That being said, his trial in Virginia is becoming an absolute embarrassment for Mueller's persecution team. Federal Judge T.S. Ellis had handed the Mueller Team its collective ass on several occasions.

Rick Gates, the choirboy star witness just got off the stand and I guarantee his first stop was the men's room to clean out his shorts. He didn't make any friends with Judge Ellis, who recognized a lie when he heard one.

Check out https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/muellers-star-witness-rick-gates-falls-apart-during-cross-examination-by-manafort-lawyers-perjures-himself/

Normally, I don't cite Gateway Pundit, but his blog was referencing the blog Techno Fog, a lawyer in the courtroom adding his observations to the trial.

In an answer to the defense's question to a witness who has agreed to plead guilty to providing false information to the government, Gates testifies: “I didn’t provide false and misleading information to the Special Counsel’s office.”

Trap sprung, bait taken.

From Techno Fog:

Defense: If you didn’t lie, then why did you plead guilty to providing false information?

Gates backtracks: “Under one instance I did.”

Judge Ellis calls Gates out: “Well, so previously, you said you didn’t provide false information.”

God bless Judge Ellis. If Mueller wins this one, he has certainly earned it.

Gates lied under oath about lying.  Plus he lied about the extra-marital affair, he didn't have one....
oh no... he had four.  We will find out as the trial moves along, one of the questions raised today,
related to whether Gates lying under oath, on the witness stand is enough to negate is plea deal.
That I believe is on hold, but you can bet Judge Ellis isn't gonna let it go later in the trial.   
Time will tell.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 10:15:02 PM »
Gates is a worm, good people justifiably react offended as soon as a worm's dirt"eating mouth open, on the opposite end low-life statist goons like Mueller et al love worms, as long as they do as told.  Given his pathetic performance and dim intellect nobody is ever going to like that worm.  His immunity deserves to be revoked, and if this is the best Mueller and his goons can come up with Manafort walks.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 06:20:51 AM »
I can't imagine a conviction, which takes 100% of the jury. 

I predict a hung jury.  Justice is over if this clusterf(ail) can get a conviction, with this circus of a trial.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 12:36:44 PM by ToddF »

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:51 AM »
Gates is a worm, good people justifiably react offended as soon as a worm's dirt"eating mouth open, on the opposite end low-life statist goons like Mueller et al love worms, as long as they do as told.  Given his pathetic performance and dim intellect nobody is ever going to like that worm.  His immunity deserves to be revoked, and if this is the best Mueller and his goons can come up with Manafort walks.

They have yet explained why Manafort was exonerated for this same issue back when Mueller was  with the FBI?   I read yesterday by a lib commentator that "Manafort controlled all the money", not a fact, just an assumption.  If Manafort single handedly handled all the money, how did Gates embezzle thousands of dollars, and Manafort not notice?  Not saying Manafort is a choirboy, however, I keep getting the funny feeling the embezzler is trying to blame his scheme on his partner.  Just a thought

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 01:41:26 PM »
It's a reasonable thought.

And what Todd said...any conviction would be the most tainted and costly ever.  To say nothing of the more tangible cost to continued faith in a dying system.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »

They have yet explained why Manafort was exonerated for this same issue back when Mueller was  with the FBI?   I read yesterday by a lib commentator that "Manafort controlled all the money", not a fact, just an assumption.  If Manafort single handedly handled all the money, how did Gates embezzle thousands of dollars, and Manafort not notice?  Not saying Manafort is a choirboy, however, I keep getting the funny feeling the embezzler is trying to blame his scheme on his partner.  Just a thought

I don't know what 'exonerate' means. I recall that the govt stopped the investigation. A recent piece said that the old investigation was stopped because it implicated a WH attorney who had been involved in a previous job at a large law firm. I will look for a link.

on edit:
I cannot fnd the article providing the reason for the FBI dropping the original investigation. I recall some Ukranians sent a boatload of money (maybe stolen?) to their big law firm, perhaps to hide it?

https://abovethelaw.com/2018/04/amid-mueller-probe-prominent-skadden-counsel-disappears-from-website/
While Mueller’s office hasn’t announced any further action involving Skadden, eagle-eyed tipsters noticed that Greg Craig, former White House Counsel under Obama and the Skadden counsel who led the Ukraine report, has unceremoniously disappeared from the Skadden website.
https://medium.com/@alexcyrus/nothing-says-big-law-swamp-like-the-relationship-between-paul-manafort-and-gregory-craig-of-b0eecd3210ce
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/former-obama-lawyer-greg-craig-leaves-firm-after-brush-mueller-n868786

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/mueller_reportedly_refers_investigation_of_former_skadden_partner_two_other
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:11:52 PM by patentlymn »
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »
Greg Craig is in trouble, as is Tony Podesta. Craig’s withdrawal from the Boz Skaggs lawfirm is an indication of the seriousness of his investigation by Mueller’s persecution team.
https://www.law.com/newyorklawjournal/2018/08/01/former-skadden-partner-2-others-referred-to-sdny-by-mueller/?slreturn=20180710202102
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 10:56:24 AM »
Is this a head fake?  Sure, the firm is filth-riddled hive of statist slime...but part of me cannot help but suspect part of this referral is to seal off other avenues the bigger fish don't want opened and/or to delay opening until the guilty have all fled to non-extradition havens.

It just don't smell all right.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-manafort-trial-jury-begins-deliberation-in-former-trump-campaign-chairs-financial-fraud-case/

Hmmm...I looked, looked again, looked some more and then looked to be sure when I looked anytime earlier I didn't miss something I looked at several times over...and still didn't find one charge related to Russia collusion in the 2016 election...

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 03:20:56 PM »
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-manafort-trial-jury-begins-deliberation-in-former-trump-campaign-chairs-financial-fraud-case/

Hmmm...I looked, looked again, looked some more and then looked to be sure when I looked anytime earlier I didn't miss something I looked at several times over...and still didn't find one charge related to Russia collusion in the 2016 election...

What happens next: Manafort is sentenced to . . . whatever; then Trump pardons him.

#FvckYouBobMueller
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

What happens next: Manafort is sentenced to . . . whatever; then Trump pardons him.

#FvckYouBobMueller

Yup.

Interestingly, I wonder if jurors might muck this up for Herr Mueller...

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Jurors-in-Manafort-trial-send-judge-four-13162070.php

...then again...we are dealing with 12 people of unknown backgrounds in latter day America who are sitting there only because they voted in an election for candidates they may or may not know very well, so...

But, waiting in the wings is the battle over the subpoena which is guaranteed to go to SCOTUS if Mueller refuses to limit his scope to the purpose of his being named to this post - the so-called Russia Collusion.  Frankly, I prefer a full-blown Constitutional crisis moment...maybe we'll find out if there is any fiber left in the document...

Anyway...any discussion with Mueller under any circumstances should only consist of: "5th Amendment protection, you DeepState fascist fvck!".  Accompanied by a big fat smile!

Let Prog heads explode!

Online WilliamVA

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34660/judge-manafort-trial-receives-threats-media-tries-ryan-saavedra

The judge presiding over former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's trial revealed on Friday that he has been receiving threats over the case and is now receiving protection from U.S. Marshals.

The revelation came after U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III denied a request from CNN and other left-of-center media outlets which sought to obtain the names and addresses of the 12 jurors in the trial, the Washington Examiner reported.

"I don’t feel right if I release their names," Ellis said, according to Fox News' Jake Gibson. "I think there would be a substantial amount of people afraid... to do so would create a risk of harm to them."

"The Marshals go where I go," Ellis added.

Fox News noted that the other news organizations that tried to obtain the information include The Washington Post, The New York Times, the Associated Press, NBC, Politico, and BuzzFeed — all of which are widely viewed as left-leaning.

"I had no idea this case would excite these emotions, quite frankly," Ellis said.

Jurors entered the second day of deliberations on Friday over the multiple tax evasion and bank fraud charges filed against Manafort.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Moving to "Paul Manafort Trial" in Judiciary, Crime, & Courts.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »
CNN, WaPo, NYT, AP, NBC, Politico, BuzzFeed...

Soon to be followed by other Domestic Enemies of Liberty whom we've all added to The List!