Author Topic: Trump revokes John Brennan's security clearance over 'erratic' conduct  (Read 2488 times)

Online WilliamVA

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-revokes-john-brennans-security-clearance-over-erratic-conduct

President Trump has revoked a security clearance belonging to former CIA Director John Brennan, claiming his "erratic behavior" should disqualify him from having access to sensitive information.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders made the announcement Wednesday, weeks after revealing that Trump was considering revoking the security clearances of a half-dozen former U.S. officials.

"As the head of the executive branch and the commander in chief, I have a unique constitutional responsibility to protect the nation’s classified information, including by controlling access to it," Sanders said in a statement from the president Wednesday. "Today, in fulfilling the responsibility, I have decided to revoke the security clearance of John Brennan, the former director of the Central Intelligence Agency."

Sanders acknowledged that former heads of intelligence and law enforcement agencies are traditionally able to keep their security clearances after their time serving in the government is complete. Sanders said that any traditional justifications for Brennan to retain access to classified information do not apply.

"Historically, former heads of intelligence and law enforcement agencies have been allowed to retain access to classified information after their government service, so that they can consult with their successors regarding matters about which they may have special insights and as a professional courtesy," Sanders said. "Neither of the justifications supports Mr. Brennan’s continued access to classified information."

"At this point in my administration, any benefits that senior officials might glean from consultations with Mr. Brennan are now outweighed by the risks posed by his erratic conduct and behavior," Sanders said.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: Trump revokes John Brennan's security clearance over 'erratic' conduct
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:35:21 AM »
Brennan's push-back & "outrage" on this makes me wish . . . momentarily . . . that we had the type of government where he could be "collected" off the street, dealt the harshest of treatment, including waterboarding, & then dumped back onto the street in such a state of mental disorder that he walks into heavy traffic & is dispatched amidst rapidly moving automobiles.

He is a piece of human debris that unfairly sucks precious oxygen from the atmosphere.

(Yet, nevertheless, not my will - but Yours, Lord - be done)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »
I am willing to be an instrument of His Will.

Anytime. 

For all these DeepState operatives...a Crusade to purge them from the Earth is long overdue.  And it is coming sooner or later...all in His time.

ETA - Heh, y'all see this?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/34586/obamas-ben-rhodes-slams-trump-revoking-brennans-hank-berrien

"Actually, @brhodes , 23 conservatives went after UBL. No offense, in case you were wondering."

Pop that pimple on Brennan's ass!   ::cool::
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 01:01:47 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:28:27 AM »
At a minimum this asshole should be charged with Obstruction of Congress and Perjury.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/394209-checkmate-senate-intel-chair-just-painted-john-brennan-into-a-tight-corner/

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 12:48:26 PM »
At a minimum this asshole should be charged with Obstruction of Congress and Perjury.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/394209-checkmate-senate-intel-chair-just-painted-john-brennan-into-a-tight-corner/

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....... ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »
Idiot doesn't know when to STFD and STFU...even The Clapper is realizing this idiot is hurting other asshats like him, not just his own dumbass self!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-20/trump-taunts-worst-cia-director-political-hack-brennan-over-lawsuit-threat

Yes, end all their clearances!   You have the power!   Maybe waiting for the mid-terms before doing more...?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 09:31:54 AM »
I recently skimmed a piece claiming Obongo did a mass security clearance sweep with no repercussions.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »
I recently skimmed a piece claiming Obongo did a mass security clearance sweep with no repercussions.

I saw that too, but I can't remember which news outlet I read it on.
 ::oldman::

Online WilliamVA

Media Didn’t Care When Obama Scrubbed Security Clearances
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/08/20/flashback-media-didnt-care-when-obama-scrubbed-security-clearances/

Flashback: Media Didn’t Care When Obama Scrubbed Security Clearances

The establishment media did not care when the Obama administration called for the aggressive scrubbing of security clearances back in 2013.

According to our media today, revoking security clearances of those who are no longer in government is the stuff of banana republics, of dictators, and a full-blown assault against the First Amendment.

But when President Obama sought to do the exact same on a massive scale, the media hardly blinked and the news only earned dutiful coverage.

“W.H. Looks to Scrub Clearance List,” was the November 21, 2013, headline at the far-left Politico.

In a directive obtained by POLITICO, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper questioned the booming rolls of security-clearance holders. At last count, more than 4.9 million people held clearances, of whom over 1.4 million were cleared for access at the “Top Secret” level.

“I write to express my concern about threats to national security resulting from the increasing number of people with eligibility for access to classified national security information, particularly Top Secret (TS) and Top Secret/Secure Compartmented Information (TS/SCI),” [then Director of National Intelligence James] Clapper wrote in a three-page memo, dated Oct. 31 and cited at a Senate hearing Wednesday.

Clapper asked agencies to perform a top-to-bottom scrub of the teeming rolls of people authorized to access classified information and to remove anyone deemed not to have a so-called need to know.

What’s more, Clapper specified his concern about contractors: “Agencies should debrief all government and contractor personnel who no longer require such access and update the appropriate national security database or repository.”

Obviously, Clapper and the Obama administration singling out contractors would result in job and income losses for all those former G-Men.

So  where was the media uproar?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 03:52:48 PM by WilliamVA »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 08:34:05 PM »
I commented on the same thing in the SCoaMF thread, Clapper has a lot of explaining to do more than anybody!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero