Author Topic: The Case Against Pardoning Gen. Flynn  (Read 548 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
The Case Against Pardoning Gen. Flynn
« on: May 12, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
For the past three years there was a drumbeat of Patriots suggesting that Trump Team Transition member Gen. Michael Flynn receive a presidential pardon from Trump for the prosecutorial misconduct, bias and revenge by the Obama Administration. Even after Atty Sidney Powell took over and brilliantly represented Gen. Flynn, there were calls to stop the bleeding and just pardon him. I thought this was a bad move for several reasons.

The best argument for letting the car play out was that Powell made several Motions before the Court that had legs: She wanted to examine Mifsud’s cell phones, she became aware of a side deal between prosecutors and Flynn’s former law firm that was not disclosed to the Judge, and best of all, the shenanigans with the 302s from Flynn’s ambush interview. This resulted an a Brady Act motion because exculpatory evidence wasn’t provided (while claiming in Court filings that Brady material was) This last lie may have never seen the inside of a courtroom had Trump pardoned Flynn even six months ago.

Because of Sidney Powell’s extraordinary tenacity, we know the depths of the FBI’s biased investigation of Gen Flynn. For the same reason, Roger Stone must be patient in order to see how an appellate court will view the judge’s bias in the case, while also allowing time for the DNC-RussIs hacking to play out.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Case Against Pardoning Gen. Flynn
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 08:10:33 AM »
I agree with your assessment.  Passions can run hot at times and the lack of immediate action does little to temper that...but yes if not for the methodical tenacity of Powell...all of this might have died an orphan in the deep dark DeepState dungeon...and the releases we've seen from Grennel might not have the potential it currently possesses. 

And, IMO if not for Admiral Mike Rogers looking into the spike in requests and testifying to the same...the scent might have been lost.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 08:28:48 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 04:04:31 PM »
Oh, and HEY EVERYBODY!!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 04:54:54 PM »
Oh, and HEY EVERYBODY!!

Hey BAS!

And I altered that saying too...

The enemy of my enemy is not my friend...merely somebody I'll get to second.   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.