Author Topic: Federal Court Rejects Campus Carry Challenge  (Read 2095 times)

Online WilliamVA

Federal Court Rejects Campus Carry Challenge
« on: August 17, 2018, 04:22:43 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08/17/court-rejects-campus-carry-challenge/

A federal court upheld a prior dismissal of a challenge to Texas’s campus carry law Thursday, providing individuals with a concealed carry permit the ability to carry a firearm on public university property.

The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected to revive the lawsuit by three University of Texas at Austin professors, upholding a 2015 law that the trio challenged in July 2016, yet was ultimately dismissed.

The professors claimed that the aforementioned law would violate an individual’s constitutional rights of free speech, due process and equal protection and would “have a substantial chilling effect on class discussion.” (RELATED: Liberal Court Rules The Second Amendment Protects The Right To Openly Carry A Firearm)

The three-judge panel rejected the assertion, arguing that there is not proof of any impending harm to rationalize such fears.

“The lawsuit was filed because the professors disagreed with the law, not because they had any legal substance to their claim,” said Ken Paxton, attorney general for the state of Texas, according to The Texas Tribune.

“The right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed for all Americans, including college students,” Paxton continued. “The Fifth Circuit’s decision prevents that right from being stripped away by three individuals who oppose the law enacted by the Legislature.”

The professors do not plan on filing a further appeal.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Federal Court Rejects Campus Carry Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:58:31 PM »
It's called *concealed carry* for a reason. 

Not that I'm knocking the decision.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 09:00:10 AM »
“The lawsuit was filed because the professors disagreed with the law, not because they had any legal substance to their claim,” said Ken Paxton, attorney general for the state of Texas.

Bingo!

To Pan's point..."concealed"...not "brandished"...if these poor little Profs and snowflakes shake, shiver and piss themselves in fear by imagining other people around them may be carrying a concealed weapon....well, that's their damn problem, work it out!  The proof that their unfounded fear is all in their diseased heads can further be illustrated by the fact that they seem not to experience the same fear of criminals with guns, border-runners with guns, gang bangers and drug peddlers with guns, pimps with guns, etc.  The fear-center of their brain like most areas of their brain is corrupted by the proglodyte virus...maybe a good whack upside the head may realign their neurons...but I don't care really, if they are piss-pants-scared of good people carrying concealed weapons...I say "I'm OK with that".

:D

It is nice to see a place with a sensible AG and rational judges...nipping the twisted logic that any good citizen with a concealed weapon is assumed to be a criminal is BS that needs to end yesterday.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 05:23:10 PM »
..if these poor little Profs and snowflakes shake, shiver and piss themselves in fear by imagining other people around them may be carrying a concealed weapon....

Can someone explain why I get so much joy from that mental picture?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:17:54 PM »
The thought makes me shudder, next everyone on campus would have to be checked daily to assure the
ding dongs felt safe. 

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »
  It's nice to see assholes slapped back with their bullsh*t claims.  Chilling this and blaa blaa blaa  pantyhose wearing metro sexual bullsh*t.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
I have friends who were worried about going to school in Tx because of cc. Typical libs  assuming only crazy folks would have guns. I thought "you're probably safer than your buddies at other state universities. "
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 09:28:36 PM »
I have friends who were worried about going to school in Tx because of cc. Typical libs  assuming only crazy folks would have guns. I thought "you're probably safer than your buddies at other state universities. "

Yahtzee!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »

Yahtzee!

Yup, but these non-thinking pre-programmed drones take it at face value that sheltering in place and waiting your turn to be slaughtered by a non-NRA non-CCW mass murderer is a better way to go while they wait for the police to act and while they wait for their politicians to ban guns to those in their midst who would drop those losers at the first sign of trouble is a better option than being saved from harm by said CCW holder.  That such nonsense is tolerated is a sign of deep societal degeneration.  It is mass insanity.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
In the same vein, I've heard it said they'd rather a woman be strangled with her own pantyhose and raped than defend herself with a gun.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
Yeah, like those progs that think getting slain by muzzies proves they aren't islamaphobes...

Batshyt crazy just doesn't seem to begin to explain the depths of their self-imposed cognitive impairment!