Author Topic: Paul Manafort found guilty on 8 counts, judge declares mistrial on 10 others  (Read 1457 times)

Online WilliamVA

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jury-reaches-a-verdict-on-eight-of-18-counts-against-paul-manafort

President Trump's former campaign manager Paul Manafort on Tuesday was found guilty on eight of the 18 charges brought against him by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Manafort was found guilty of five tax fraud charges against him by the jury that heard the case over several weeks in Alexandria, Va. The jury also found him guilty of one count of hiding foreign bank accounts, and two counts of bank fraud.

Judge T.S. Ellis III declared a mistrial on 10 other charges he faced.

The jury of six men and six women delivered their verdict after four days of deliberations.

Manafort faced charges of bank and tax fraud. His trial was the first stemming from Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and has garnered intense attention from the media and the public, although this trial dealt with Manafort's activities before he started working for Trump's campaign.

Manafort faced the possibility of life in prison if he were found guilty on all 18 counts.

He was present in court in a black suit Tuesday, along with his wife. The trial began July 31 and over a span of three weeks, the 12-member jury heard testimony from 27 witnesses and viewed more than 350 exhibits from the government.

Manafort’s defense attorneys chose not to call any witnesses to the stand, and Manafort himself also declined to testify.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Will he appeal?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Appeal, mid-terms, pardon.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
Appeal, mid-terms, pardon.

Why pardon all his crimes are long before Trump came along.  Screw his cut him loose.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
No.  The only reason he was targeted is because he worked for Trump.  This is what Mueller et. al. are doing, picking off Trump's associates one at a time.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
They are trying to manufacture anything that keeps their coup plot alive, period.  But Trump doesn't play by the standard rules allotted to those not solidly in the DeepState cabal...he doesn't let them paralyze him, he doesn't sit idly by and let their lies go unchallenged, he doesn't submit.  And he continues to win on his agenda everyday.  It's a timing game right now, the rope-a-dope seems to be effective.  He seems to have a good feel for the right action at the right time.  It can be frustrating to those of us more direct action oriented and we can argue with much justification we may not have all the time needed to run this strategy out to a just end, but it is all a necessary phase in the larger war.  It has to be massively irritating to the conspirators, it certainly is to their puppets in politics...and the TDS has been banging away at the top-peg non-stop.  They need and deserve to be pushed harder, to the point where the gears in their puny little heads come shooting out all orifices.

Stuff like this should help.  Most people are not morons, they see this bogus crap going on with nothing to do with Russia collusion in 2016 election and then see stuff like this -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/16/fec-hit-with-lawsuit-over-ignoring-civil-complaint-accusing-clinton-dnc-in-election-scheme.html

And are reminded Obama had to pay the largest campaign FEC fine in history...they'll be reminded who the real criminals are.

And they are sticking their necks out with too much glee over this Cohen BS.

Libiots and Goebbels Media giddiness over Manafort’s non-collusion related conviction and Cohen’s flopping fails to consider the facts yet again…

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/mark-levin-donald-trump-is-in-the-clear-cohen-hush-money-payment-is-not-an-in-kind-campaign-contribution-video/

Not means not.

Sure, there is a large drone moron army at their disposal and they'll continue to lie, cheat and steal like demons...but contrasting the real and the fake can overcome that just like in 2016.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:18:21 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Lanny Davis -- "it doesn't have to be campaign money payments to be a campaign violation".

Y'all should have heard Mark Levin going off on that lie.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  Lanny is an old school liar from way back.
 Filippo Mazzie