Topics > The Departed

John McCain

<< < (2/9) > >>

benb61:
Of course he won't, he wants to be thorn in PDJT's side till the end.  He was probably a "Never Trumper" because Trump was able to win an office he never could.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: patentlymn on August 24, 2018, 03:05:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on August 24, 2018, 01:19:23 PM ---I will grant an asshole the customary no speaking ill in the immediate aftermath of departing their mortal shell (but reserve the right to alter that convention for special cases) but since this jackass is still technically alive...

His brain died a long time ago...about the same time as his soul.

--- End quote ---
Well put.
Any ideas out there on how long he has?
At this point there would be a governor appointment, correct?

--- End quote ---

It depends, declining medical treatment can mean merely ending chemo and such, it doesn't mean pain-killers are cut off or feeding (mouth or tube)...and people who forego food shuffle off a lot faster.

And no, he will not resign...he wants to die a sitting Senator even if he is flat on his back...

I think Ducey is nominally a decent guy for a latter day Pubbie, not perfect but not a stealth E-GOPer that I can tell.  Arizona was once solidly conservative but has been tainted with locusts from California as well as a steady inlux of illegals and is shifted enough to be considered purple.  He hasn't mentioned who is on his short list of candidates to serve out the term...

TBD

Besides, we still have a state funeral in the capitol to endure...we'll see how Wellstoned it all gets...

ToddF:

John Florida:
 why in the hell should I hold back on a "person"  that has done nothing for the me ever?  f**k Him,

WilliamVA:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35032/john-mccain-dies-age-81-ryan-saavedra

With the Senator when he passed were his wife Cindy and their family." McCain's office said in the statement. "At his death, he had served the United States of America faithfully for sixty years."

McCain, a six-term U.S. Senator, was a two-time presidential candidate — losing the Republican nomination in 2000 to George W. Bush and losing the 2008 general election to Barack Obama.

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain," President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter. "Our hearts and prayers are with you!"

"Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy to the McCain Family," First Lady Melania Trump wrote on Twitter. "Thank you Senator McCain for your service to the nation."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version