Author Topic: John McCain  (Read 6705 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
John McCain
« on: August 24, 2018, 12:40:28 PM »
https://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/breaking-john-mccains-family-announces-hes-discontinuing-medical-treatment/

Of course, he still hasn't done the right thing and resign.  Schiffing on America even in his final days.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 07:34:34 PM by ToddF »

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: Space reserved for John McCain
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:55:27 PM »
Maybe we can get a toofer- Gov appoints either Ward or Joe and the other wins in Nov.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 01:19:23 PM »
I will grant an asshole the customary no speaking ill in the immediate aftermath of departing their mortal shell (but reserve the right to alter that convention for special cases) but since this jackass is still technically alive...

His brain died a long time ago...about the same time as his soul.

Sadly, the two-fer Paul is looking for is likely to be going the other way...with E-GOP hacks or a E-GOP hack and a DemonRat to look forward to...   ::facepalm::

The heir-apparent to the RINO/AINO/TDS McCain role seems obvious...

Get used to the suck...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »
I will grant an asshole the customary no speaking ill in the immediate aftermath of departing their mortal shell (but reserve the right to alter that convention for special cases) but since this jackass is still technically alive...

Well put.
Any ideas out there on how long he has?
At this point there would be a governor appointment, correct?
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 04:25:22 PM »
figures he won't do the right thing and step down. 

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 05:21:09 PM »
Of course he won't, he wants to be thorn in PDJT's side till the end.  He was probably a "Never Trumper" because Trump was able to win an office he never could.
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »

Well put.
Any ideas out there on how long he has?
At this point there would be a governor appointment, correct?

It depends, declining medical treatment can mean merely ending chemo and such, it doesn't mean pain-killers are cut off or feeding (mouth or tube)...and people who forego food shuffle off a lot faster.

And no, he will not resign...he wants to die a sitting Senator even if he is flat on his back...

I think Ducey is nominally a decent guy for a latter day Pubbie, not perfect but not a stealth E-GOPer that I can tell.  Arizona was once solidly conservative but has been tainted with locusts from California as well as a steady inlux of illegals and is shifted enough to be considered purple.  He hasn't mentioned who is on his short list of candidates to serve out the term...

TBD

Besides, we still have a state funeral in the capitol to endure...we'll see how Wellstoned it all gets...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 11:04:41 AM by Libertas »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: John McCain
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »
 why in the hell should I hold back on a "person"  that has done nothing for the me ever?  f**k Him,
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online WilliamVA

BREAKING: John McCain Dies At Age 81
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 08:01:12 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/35032/john-mccain-dies-age-81-ryan-saavedra

With the Senator when he passed were his wife Cindy and their family." McCain's office said in the statement. "At his death, he had served the United States of America faithfully for sixty years."

McCain, a six-term U.S. Senator, was a two-time presidential candidate — losing the Republican nomination in 2000 to George W. Bush and losing the 2008 general election to Barack Obama.

"My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain," President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter. "Our hearts and prayers are with you!"

"Our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathy to the McCain Family," First Lady Melania Trump wrote on Twitter. "Thank you Senator McCain for your service to the nation."

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 08:06:31 PM by WilliamVA »

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »
Apparently, discontinuing Medical Treatment, meant life support, not chemo. 

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
Considering how much of an asshole McCain was to Trump, DT sent a nice tweet (I guess tweets are acceptable these days):

My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 11:14:18 AM »

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 11:28:24 AM »
Apparently, discontinuing Medical Treatment, meant life support, not chemo.

Well, the "discontinue" news hit around 10am Friday morning, this NBC report says he passed at 4:28pm Saturday, so I am guessing that last 18 hours was pretty rough.

Interesting that that NBC article continues to obfuscate his role in American politics - "independent voice of the GOP establishment"...

Independent my ass!  A co-dependent of the DeepState more like it!  But they did get the GOP establishment part right...though I doubt many beyond our happy family understand it!  So, it appears the MFM will cheerily keep the McCain myth alive and use him as a whip to chastise Trump and others straying from the Establishment camp!

::cussing::   ::angry::   ::gaah::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 11:33:04 AM »
Considering how much of an asshole McCain was to Trump, DT sent a nice tweet (I guess tweets are acceptable these days):

My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!

You got all that right!

Very charitable of the President and First Lady!

And for their kindness they can look forward to Demonrats using him posthumously as a blunt instrument.

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »

You got all that right!

And for their kindness they can look forward to Demonrats using him posthumously as a blunt instrument.

I had a friend with a similar tumor, he survived about 20 hours after life support came off...went into a coma
and passed within 20 hours.

I presume he will be buried in Arlington, I checked on Findagrave...his dad and granddad are there...I forgot to check of
they were together or not, however, I note they both had pretty standard headstones.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »
gag me with a spoon........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/26/clinton-obama-among-democrats-paying-tribute-to-mccains-commitment-to-bipartisanship.html

tell me again why he wasn't a Democrat.....

"Besides, we still have a state funeral in the capitol to endure...we'll see how Wellstoned it all gets..."

It really sucks being right...but it was too easy a call to make.

Mega-gag-worthy my friend. 

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), who died on Saturday at age 81, will lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C., and receive a full dress funeral service at the Washington National Cathedral, The New York Times reported Saturday night.

McCain, who died following a battle with brain cancer, will also lie in state at the Arizona Capitol in Phoenix, a Republican official who is involved with planning told the newspaper. He will then be buried in Annapolis, Md.

More than 30 people have been honored by lying in state in the Capitol Rotunda, the Times noted.

The funeral honor began in 1852 following the death of Sen. Henry Clay, who had also been House Speaker.

It is often seen as a gesture reserved for the country’s “most eminent citizens.”

McCain would be the 13th former senator, according to the Architect of the Capitol.

Evangelist Billy Graham, who died in March, laid in honor in the Rotunda.

It was reported earlier this year that former Presidents George W. Bush and Obama were expected to deliver eulogies at McCain’s funeral, which Republicans familiar with the planning echoed to the Times.

Those close to McCain have informed the White House that they plan to have Vice President Pence attend the senator's funeral — but not President Trump.

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) ordered all flags to be lowered to half-staff and Trump ordered the same for the White House flags.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/403638-mccain-to-lie-in-state-at-capitols-in-washington-arizona

I would argue that "most eminent citizen" point...but being this much of a tool of the DeepState by omission or commission guaranteed such overblown theatrics.

Soooo tired of the swamp and it acolytes...

There is absolutely zero chance I am going to give one shred of credibility to this sh*t-show about to unfold.

And be prepared for whomever Doucey names to be media-lynched if he is anything close to a Trump ally.

This is gonna be ugly...

My advice to is to avoid this as much as possible!

Unless you are looking for a target-rich environment of DeepState assholes...I see no positive in this nightmare.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »

You got all that right!

I had a friend with a similar tumor, he survived about 20 hours after life support came off...went into a coma
and passed within 20 hours.

I presume he will be buried in Arlington, I checked on Findagrave...his dad and granddad are there...I forgot to check of
they were together or not, however, I note they both had pretty standard headstones.

Likely, the article I posted above from TheHill said Annapolis, MD...which unless he is being interred alongside John Paul Jones at the US Naval Academy (an insult I could not abide!) the TheHill being a typical MFM assclown got it wrong or copied AP or whoever whom also is an MFM assclown and got it totally wrong.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 01:51:56 PM »
Just read this dreck at ZH...

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced he wants to rename one of the Senate office buildings after McCain:

“Nothing will overcome the loss of Senator McCain, but so that generations remember him I will be introducing a resolution to rename the Russell building after him.”

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 02:17:55 PM »