Author Topic: Who will Governor Ducey select to serve out the term of McCain's Senate seat?  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
https://www.weaselzippers.us/395141-who-could-be-appointed-to-john-mccains-senate-seat/

Governor says he only rules himself out...will give the family its mourning time...but still he has to name someone pretty soon...it could change an Establishment vote to an anti-establishment vote in a mid-term election season!

One person posting a comment in the linked story suggested Don Jr to make prog heads explode.  I have to say I like a good prog head explosion...not sure he would be a good fit though or like the job.

I like Joe Arpaio and that too would cause heads to pop, but he is old enough to be on medical watch too, I think somebody younger and still liberty-oriented who can win election in 2020 would be more desirable.

It better not be Megan or Cindy...or our heads will pop.

If Kelli Ward fails to capture the primary for Flake's Rep seat this Tuesday, she could be an option, last time McCain came up for re-election he barely won his primary with 51%.

Others may include - Kirk Adams, Ducey's Chief of Staff; Barbara Barrett, businesswoman and philanthropist who once ran for Governor as a Republican; Joh Kyl, who Ducey cites as a mentor but is 76 years old; Karrin Taylor Robson, real-estate development businesswoman; John Shadegg, former Congressman and ghost writer and strategist for Barry Goldwater; Eileen Klein, Arizona Treasurer and former President of Board of Regents and former Chief of Staff to Governor Brewer; Matt Salmon, former 5-term Congressman now ASU VP of Government Affairs.

Of those I think Adams, Kyl, Shadegg & Salmon (and possibly Ward, though I know not much about her) are the best of that bunch proffered by the Arizona Republic (and others)...but I think of these I favor Salmon the most as he has garnered Tea Party interest in the past.

Anyway, let the countdown begin...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online paulh

• Established Member
Do more research on Ward. I'd rather see sheriff Joe because I think Ward will win in Nov, Joe is a maybe. Can you imagine the two in the Senate?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Joe would be a sharp stick in the eyes of the dems I love it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
  Joe would be a sharp stick in the eyes of the dems I love it.

I fail to see a downside.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Do more research on Ward. I'd rather see sheriff Joe because I think Ward will win in Nov, Joe is a maybe. Can you imagine the two in the Senate?

As I feared... Purple Arizona chose Establishment McSally over Ward and Arpaio, so not only do you not get 2, you may get neither...depending who Ducey picks...as I predict once again the useless Establishment Pubbies goes down to full unabashed proglidyte Krysten Sinema.

If the Senate flips the shyster Schumer will be the DeepStates bitch of bitches...if the House falls we might as well scuba up and rescue our caches and be ready for CW2 to go kinetic.

Bets?

PS-Ward & Arpaio combined still would lose by  20k votes, so while one should have dropped out it may not have mattered...maybe if AZ wasn't so Purple...and jackass McCain cacked 2 years earlier...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:03:11 AM by Libertas »

Online paulh

• Established Member
Yeah, it wasn't even close ::puke::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Kyl is the place holder...akin to just handing the ball off to run out the clock...safe and boring...

At least not a disaster.

Online paulh

• Established Member
Only sticking around til Jan, then what?

Offline WilliamVA

He is sticking around undil the next general election..which is 2020, who ever wins that
will finish of McCain's term.  That's two years from now.

Offline WilliamVA

He is sticking around undil the next general election..which is 2020, who ever wins that

I have to retract..."gasp",  you are correct, though he says he is willing to stay until a 2020 special
election, though he will not be a candidate.  Also, the other Arizona senate seat is up for grabs this
fall.. If Martha McSally does not win Flakes seat, then Kyl will step down so the Gov can appoint
her to McCains Seat. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

I have to retract..."gasp",  you are correct, though he says he is willing to stay until a 2020 special
election, though he will not be a candidate.  Also, the other Arizona senate seat is up for grabs this
fall.. If Martha McSally does not win Flakes seat, then Kyl will step down so the Gov can appoint
her to McCains Seat.

Apparently so.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-martha-mcsally-appointed-to-open-arizona-senate-seat

But whatever...band-aid on a sucking chest wound...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Establishment Sally reconfirms her cred as just another useless pubbie stooge...

Republican Sen. Martha McSally broke with President Donald Trump on Friday over his threat to hit all Mexican imports with steep tariffs.  In doing so, McSally finds herself aligned with her potential Democratic challenger, Mark Kelly.

Load of BS!  Don't care what KPHO says...she only was nominally for Trump when it suited her aims and casually discards him for the same reason, allies don't do that...chicken-scat cowards do.  One thing about the Demofascisti, they hang together much better than the pubbies ever have.

And agreeing with your foe is a sure way to let people know you are a gutless wonder...if Ward cannot primary this garbage out the seat is lost anyway.