Author Topic: Lesson is obvious, don't be Rome!  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Lesson is obvious, don't be Rome!
« on: August 30, 2018, 03:12:18 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-30/northcom-commander-us-homeland-no-longer-sanctuary

We can no longer afford to be everywhere always and expect to be effective, period.

And thanks to Obama more than doubling the national debt...we definitely cannot afford it.

Exit NATO, pull all our troops and equipment back home.  We can still freely navigate the globe and enjoy port calls and stop overs in places where we are actually welcome.  Get out of the Missdle East except keep the lease on Diego Garcia.  Pull back from Korea as soon as the situation with the North is resolved.  Have Japan amend their Constitution with our blessing and let them defend themselves as an ally in the Pacific.  We need to solidify our own Nation and territories first, period. 

The Pacific because of China and the sea lanes to the Gulf should be our only ongoing concern.

Oh, kick the UN out too, don't need that sh*t anymore!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Lesson is obvious, don't be Rome!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 01:58:04 PM »
Pull back from Korea as soon as the situation with the North is resolved.

Define "resolved".
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 11:28:51 AM »
Pull back from Korea as soon as the situation with the North is resolved.

Define "resolved".

Oh if I had a nickel for every time Alan asked for those devilish details!   ;D

Basically, "resolved" has to ultimately defined by Trump...and it may not occur until his second term...that is if the DeepState and their fellow domestic terrorists fail in their coup attempts.

We always knew the "devil was in the details" with any deal with North Korea, especially with any Kim dictator at hand, so perhaps the strategic "resolved" can be replaced with "contained" and the continued pressure to apply be our resolute tactic.

The facts are quite simple actually, they have nuclear capacity and arguably reliable delivery means that can unarguably cause great catastrophe.  They also have a history of only protecting and caring most for the elite in their society and the caste nature of their concern leaves the great unwashed ignorant, dirty, cold and hungry.  The key is to exploit the yearning of better for the lower castes and the appeal of more and better riches for the elite...if they dismantle current production of weapons grade material and delivery means and dismantle existing delivery means.  I doubt they will ever fully relinquish their existing nuclear material, but if we can render it to a secure vault never to be opened it may be the best we can hope for, until such time as enough time has passed that changes the regime from within.  It has to be a carrot and stick approach and no wavering with these guys, and so far the Trump Admin seems to be working it firmly.  It's going to be dribs and drabs...and sadly it may only live so long as Trump does in the White House.

Anyway, back to the troops...to keep Kim & Co in their box and behaving as desired does not require troops on the peninsula, however their presence is a symbol, and I would keep that piece on the table until such time we got an equally dramatic matching move by the North.  We would still have frequent port calls by the 7th fleet, we would still have basing rights if needed and still have the strategic means to reduce much of the North to ash should they go full-retard...troops and planes on the ground would not be necessary to keep them in check.

Basically, one phase at a time, and bag doggies get no treats.  And it should work, the populace and its lesser castes may appear docile and much of that is due to state imposed ignorance and propaganda....but time is not on their side, history shows there is a limit to oppression, it is a matter of when not if.  All we have to do is be committed to the strategy and see it through.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 03:04:12 PM »
I see "resolved" as not coming about until Lil Kim is no longer in power and China irrelevant to the region.

But then, I'm way too optimistic.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 06:50:53 AM »
Well, China is the real game....Lil Kim gone and no viable heirs means some military clown whose loyalty to China and/or sanity are equal or worse...actually may not matter as long as the pressure stays on...

Need less diversions spreading us thin.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »
Well, China is the real game....Lil Kim gone and no viable heirs means some military clown whose loyalty to China and/or sanity are equal or worse...actually may not matter as long as the pressure stays on...

I have to ask but what do you think we ought to do with China?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 09:27:37 PM »

I have to ask but what do you think we ought to do with China?

China has to be checked at every turn.  It is foolish to think a war between the two would leave a winner capable of fending off the next rival, so they have to be checked economically, militarily and diplomatically...a toned-down cold war type engagement.  In the end both should seek to not overtly antagonize the other and risk a major flare up that may loose containment.  Time will tell if one emerges stronger over the other...but that is what makes me most nervous, the Chinese have always been of the long game orientation, communism (even this latter day mercantile variant) never lost that, we on the other hand thanks to incremental progressive idiocy and its attendant self-loathing at being exceptional undercuts its commitment to long-range strategic necessity and the required national interest in the populace to see it through.  Same for the Islamo-fascist threat.  All other considerations are a side show to those two challenges.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:35:40 PM »
  They follow the long game because they have one form of government there is no internal opposition. We on the other hand can only go hard on them as long as we have a Trump willing to maul then financially.

Another Obama and all gets reversed. We only have maybe 8 rears at a time.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 06:47:59 AM »
Yup.

It's why the Coup cannot be allowed or unavenged.

There simply is no more time or room left...