Author Topic: Trump turns neocon in Syria?  (Read 913 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Trump turns neocon in Syria?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 07:20:15 AM »
I have no problems with the Kurds...and this is from someone who normally doesn't give a rats ass about Muslims...but the Kurds have been treated poorly by Iraqis under Hussein and Turks under Erdogan.  We blew a chance at the conclusion of GWII to let the Kurds establish a core of their homeland in northern Iraq (an argument I made several times in the past!)...then this would not be the poison-pill stumbling block with Syria...without the Kurdish issue Bolton would need to outright come out and admit it is only about regime change or stifle resistance and get on board the pull out express.  Trying to achieve that result now is more than problematic.  The Iraqis will eventually swing under more and more Persian domination and are less than thrilled with America regardless of who leads it.  Pretty much a total sh*t-show no matter how you cut it...thanks mostly due to the Obama policy of ceding regional hegemony to the radical Iranian Theocracy!

::gaah::   ::cussing::   ::angry::
Irrumabo!  GOP? - Nope. No more. They made their bed, now let them die in it.*
* © Libertas (H/T Glock32)

Online John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:41 AM »
I have no problems with the Kurds...and this is from someone who normally doesn't give a rats ass about Muslims...but the Kurds have been treated poorly by Iraqis under Hussein and Turks under Erdogan.  We blew a chance at the conclusion of GWII to let the Kurds establish a core of their homeland in northern Iraq (an argument I made several times in the past!)...then this would not be the poison-pill stumbling block with Syria...without the Kurdish issue Bolton would need to outright come out and admit it is only about regime change or stifle resistance and get on board the pull out express.  Trying to achieve that result now is more than problematic.  The Iraqis will eventually swing under more and more Persian domination and are less than thrilled with America regardless of who leads it.  Pretty much a total sh*t-show no matter how you cut it...thanks mostly due to the Obama policy of ceding regional hegemony to the radical Iranian Theocracy!

You think a line on a map is going to save the Kurds?  They backed us more that even the people we went to defend and deserve better.  Now a line on a map and a Military base would work to keep the wolves out.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 03:11:43 PM »

You think a line on a map is going to save the Kurds?  They backed us more that even the people we went to defend and deserve better.  Now a line on a map and a Military base would work to keep the wolves out.

Apparently we're pulling out regardless if Bolton and Pompeo like it or not...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-11/we-dont-take-orders-bolton-us-withdrawal-syria-begins

...time will tell if we have any kind of secret support of the Kurds in play or not...or if we made Erdogan's & Putin's day...hopefully we at least left some misplaced equipment, arms and supplies for them (and can always do air-drops)...but I am glad our people are being taken out of that s-hole.

The Kearsarge was deployed a while ago and is in central Med right now...Trump had to have made the decision weeks ago for this Amphib to be scheduled for pick up duty...maybe about the time Mattis resigned.
Irrumabo!  GOP? - Nope. No more. They made their bed, now let them die in it.*
* © Libertas (H/T Glock32)