Author Topic: Trump turns neocon in Syria?  (Read 78 times)

Online patentlymn

Trump turns neocon in Syria?
« on: September 11, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »

I hate it when Trump listens to his warmonger advisers. These people are crazy.
I forgot. When did the WaPo turn into warmongers?
Trump should say he will not do anything unless congress declares war.
They will not.

http://buchanan.org/blog/is-trump-going ... ria-130055
Is Trump Going Neocon in Syria?
Monday - September 10, 2018 at 10:15 pm
By Patrick J. Buchanan

Is President Donald Trump about to intervene militarily in the Syrian civil war? For that is what he and his advisers seem to be signaling.
The 2,200 U.S. troops in Syria will remain until we see “the exit of all Iranian military and proxy forces and the establishment of a stable, non-threatening government acceptable to all Syrians.”

“We are not in a hurry to go,” said James Jeffrey, the retired Foreign Service officer brought back to handle the Syria account. “The new policy is we’re no longer pulling out by the end of the year.”

President Obama had a red line against Syria’s use of poison gas, which Trump enforced with bombing runs. Now we have a new red line. Said Jeffrey, the U.S. “will not tolerate an attack. Period.”

In an editorial Friday, the Post goaded Trump, calling his response to Assad’s ruthless recapture of his country “pathetically weak.” To stand by and let the Syrian army annihilate the rebels in Idlib, said the Post, would be “another damaging abdication of U.S. leadership.”

What Trump seems to be signaling, the Post demanding, and Jeffrey suggesting, is that, rather than allow a bloody battle for the recapture of Idlib province to play out, the United States should engage Russian and Syrian forces militarily and force them to back off.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Trump turns neocon in Syria?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 10:08:19 PM »
I hate having to have anything to do with that place, not worth one American life, it should be those idiot Eurotards fighting Russia over pipelines...but left to themselves the Eurotards wilt.  Pathetic, not that I am as zenophobically opposed to all foreign expeditions like Patrick...but regarding Syria he's not wrong...but it also doesn't make Trump a reliable neocon globalist worthy of blanket condemnation.
Irrumabo!  GOP? - Nope. No more. They made their bed, now let them die in it.*
* © Libertas (H/T Glock32)