Author Topic: LEAKED VIDEO: Google Leadership’s Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election  (Read 3085 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Sent to Breitbart News by an anonymous source, it features co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, VPs Kent Walker and Eileen Naughton, CFO Ruth Porat, and CEO Sundar Pichai.

It can be watched in full above. It can and should be watched in full above in order to get the full context of the meeting and the statements made.

... These individuals, who preside over a company with unrivaled influence over the flow of information, can be seen disparaging the motivations of Trump voters and plotting ways to use their vast resources to thwart the Trump agenda.

Co-founder Sergey Brin can be heard comparing Trump supporters to fascists and extremists. Brin argues that like other extremists, Trump voters were motivated by “boredom,” which he says in the past led to fascism and communism.

The Google co-founder then asks his company to consider what it can do to ensure a “better quality of governance and decision-making.”

VP for Global Affairs Kent Walker argues that supporters of populist causes like the Trump campaign are motivated by “fear, xenophobia, hatred, and a desire for answers that may or may not be there.”

Later, Walker says that Google should fight to ensure the populist movement – not just in the U.S. but around the world – is merely a “blip” and a “hiccup” in a historical arc that “bends toward progress.”

CEO Sundar Pichai states that the company will develop machine learning and A.I. to combat what an employee described as “misinformation” shared by “low-information voters.”

Key moments from the video can be found at the following timestamps:

(00:00:00 – 00:01:12) Google co-founder Sergey Brin states that the weekly meeting is “probably not the most joyous we’ve had” and that “most people here are pretty upset and pretty sad.”
    (00:00:24) Brin contrasts the disappointment of Trump’s election with his excitement at the legalization of cannabis in California, triggering laughs and applause from the audience of Google employees.
    (00:01:12) Returning to seriousness, Brin says he is “deeply offen[ded]” by the election of Trump, and that the election “conflicts with many of [Google’s] values.”
    (00:09:10) Trying to explain the motivations of Trump supporters, Senior VP for Global Affairs, Kent Walker concludes: “fear, not just in the United States, but around the world is fueling concerns, xenophobia, hatred, and a desire for answers that may or may not be there.”
    (00:09:35) Walker goes on to describe the Trump phenomenon as a sign of “tribalism that’s self-destructive [in] the long-term.”
    (00:09:55) Striking an optimistic tone, Walker assures Google employees that despite the election, “history is on our side” and that the “moral arc of history bends towards progress.”
    (00:10:45) Walker approvingly quotes former Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi’s comparison between “the world of the wall” with its “isolation and defensiveness” and the “world of the square, the piazza, the marketplace, where people come together into a community and enrich each other’s lives.”
    (00:13:10) CFO Ruth Porat appears to break down in tears when discussing the election result.
    (00:15:20) Porat promises that Google will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values.”
    (00:16:50) Stating “we all need a hug,” she then instructs the audience of Google employees to hug the person closest to them.
    (00:20:24) Eileen Naughton, VP of People Operations, promises that Google’s policy team in DC is “all over” the immigration issue and that the company will “keep a close watch on it.”
    (00:21:26) Naughton jokes about Google employees asking, ‘Can I move to Canada?’ after the election. She goes on to seriously discuss the options available to Google employees who wish to leave the country.
    (00:23:12) Naughton does acknowledge “diversity of opinion and political persuasion” and notes that she has heard from conservative Google employees who say they “haven’t felt entirely comfortable revealing who [they] are.” and urged “tolerance.” (Several months later, the company would fire James Damore allegedly for disagreeing with progressive narratives.)
    (00:27:00) Responding to a question about “filter bubbles,” Sundar Pichai promises to work towards “correcting” Google’s role in them
    (00:27:30) Sergey Brin praises an audience member’s suggestion of increasing matched Google employee donations to progressive groups.
    (00:34:40) Brin compares Trump voters to “extremists,” arguing for a correlation between the economic background of Trump supporters and the kinds of voters who back extremist movements. Brin says that “voting is not a rational act” and that not all of Trump’s support can be attributed to “income disparity.” He suggests that Trump voters might have been motivated by boredom rather than legitimate concerns.
    (00:49:10) An employee asks if Google is willing to “invest in grassroots, hyper-local efforts to bring tools and services and understanding of Google products and knowledge” so that people can “make informed decisions that are best for themselves.” Pichai’s response: Google will ensure its “educational products” reach “segments of the population [they] are not [currently] fully reaching.”
    (00:54:33) An employee asks what Google is going to do about “misinformation” and “fake news” shared by “low-information voters.” Pichai responds by stating that “investments in machine learning and AI” are a “big opportunity” to fix the problem.
    (00:56:12) Responding to an audience member, Walker says Google must ensure the rise of populism doesn’t turn into “a world war or something catastrophic … and instead is a blip, a hiccup.”
    (00:58:22) Brin compares Trump voters to supporters of fascism and communism, linking the former movement to “boredom,” which Brin previously linked to Trump voters. “It sort of sneaks up sometimes, really bad things” says Brin.
    (01:01:15) A Google employee states: “speaking to white men, there’s an opportunity for you right now to understand your privilege” and urges employees to “go through the bias-busting training, read about privilege, read about the real history of oppression in our country.” He urges employees to “discuss the issues you are passionate about during Thanksgiving dinner and don’t back down and laugh it off when you hear the voice of oppression speak through metaphors.” Every executive on stage – the CEO, CFO, two VPs and the two Co-founders – applaud the employee.
    (01:01:57) An audience member asks if the executives see “anything positive from this election result.” The audience of Google employees, and the executives on stage, burst into laughter. “Boy, that’s a really tough one right now” says Brin.

These people hate us.

And --
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/12/holy-sht-breitbarts-leaked-google-video-stuns-media/
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: LEAKED VIDEO: Google Leadership’s Dismayed Reaction to Trump Election
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 05:18:27 AM »
Thanks for posting - just grazed & fast-forwarded about 2 1/2 minutes of snippet sound-bites.

One response: "Eff 'em . . . every single perverted Worldview one of 'em."

Their "values" are fetid & perverted, their perspective warped beyond words & their rainbow lifestyles despicable (but the schadenfreud derived by observing their dejection is, at least, gratifying)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:10:53 AM »
Not one damn thing in that surprised me one bit, it is merely a case of hearing it from them directly and unedited.  The real stunning part is the fact that not a single one of these assholes realizes that their fanatical close minded belief in the unquestioned superiority of their progressive ideology and the hostility and suppression and oppression of unbelievers it spawns is not a textbook definition of fascism and totalitarian despotism.

Like Islamists, there is no coexistence with these people, they did us a favor by releasing this.  Restance is mandatory, it is them or us and we have to get our asses off the bench.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
Not one damn thing in that surprised me one bit, it is merely a case of hearing it from them directly and unedited.  The real stunning part is the fact that not a single one of these assholes realizes that their fanatical close minded belief in the unquestioned superiority of their progressive ideology and the hostility and suppression and oppression of unbelievers it spawns is not a textbook definition of fascism and totalitarian despotism.

Like Islamists, there is no coexistence with these people, they did us a favor by releasing this.  Restance is mandatory, it is them or us and we have to get our asses off the bench.

All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »
Excuse the language,  but f**k you Google.   I hope some better tech comes along and buries you.

Granted,  that's less likely now,  as they have done a good job of cementing themselves into a monopoly.   Just another faceless left wing giant corporate monster.    Controlling nearly all online ads.   A very bad situation as it's keeping people they hate from making a living.   

Remember their late dead motto "don't be evil"?       

f**k you google.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »
God willing, what we're seeing is Gargoyle's "arc" toward oblivion.

It can't come too soon.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 11:27:17 AM »
God willing, what we're seeing is Gargoyle's "arc" toward oblivion.

It can't come too soon.

Amen!

Need to bail on the domestic enemies!

I already use Proton Mail, DuckDuckGo & InfoGalactic, we've talked about Gab...I don't know much about the others but I am very willing to make changes!

I just don't know what to do about cellphone, it seems everything is either Goolag-based or iCrap-based!   ::gaah::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 09:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Libertas. I've already started using duckduckgo along with the Pale Moon browser on Ubuntu OS. At least at home. I'm still chained to MS for work.

Now I'll set up a ProtonMail account. ::thumbsup::

Still checking out the Aptoide thing. Seems to be limited, but I'm still digging.

Edit: It appears ProtonMail doesn't like Pale Moon. It works great with Firefox, though. I'll be downloading the app to see how it works on my Android phone next.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:00:36 AM by AlanS »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 10:00:26 AM »
You do realize Google controls Android and I also think Firefox.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 08:12:14 PM »
You do realize Google controls Android and I also think Firefox.

I'm not sure about Android, but Firefox is open source. Google controls Chrome.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 07:13:49 PM »
Yes, but Firefox platform based on Chrome.

BOT -

Calling All Cucks!

BK calls for cucks…

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bill-kristol-seeking-gop-candidate-to-take-on-trump-in-2020

::doublebird::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:57 PM »

BOT -

Calling All Cucks!

BK calls for cucks…

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bill-kristol-seeking-gop-candidate-to-take-on-trump-in-2020

Uhm.....Firefox predates chrome by six years.

???

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
As for krystal, why isn't he gloming onto flakey-flake? He should be the perfect RINO for him.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 09:28:50 PM »
Kind of related to Google ....... relative to their information-sucking --

My laptop is an HP.  Some time ago, the fan kept revving into high gear for extended periods and the laptop would get very warm, my browser would get hung up, pages loaded sloooowly, so I started checking the task manager for whatever was using all  the CPU when I ran across this little gem of a program "HP Touchpoint Analytics Service".  I did a search on it and come to find out HP was loading it on via Windows updates and the skinny on it is, it starts and stops "numerous applications, it's client service and installer, console window host, command prompts, timeout-pause command prompt, it's causing a lot of up and down use of anti-malware service executable and local system."  It's spyware, says https://www.computerworld.com/article/3238512/microsoft-windows/hp-stealthily-installs-new-spyware-called-hp-touchpoint-analytics-client.html.

So, I uninstalled it.  Magic.  (Double magic, considering how computer-inept I am) I don't need the laptop "cooler" (lots of fans in a base for the laptop) anymore because the fan hardly comes on and all the other bullspit has stopped.

I hatez spies.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 08:40:34 AM »
I'll have to check my work laptop.

Thanks for the heads up, Pan. ::bows::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »

BOT -

Calling All Cucks!

BK calls for cucks…

Uhm.....Firefox predates chrome by six years.

???

Damn, Sparky had bad reaction to tainted fish barfed up a mess!

The real issue with Firefox is security due to an outdated OS...found this:

The underlying architecture of Firefox was designed for a 2004 internet and it just can’t keep up these days.

In fact, at the Pwn2Own competition previously mentioned, no one even tried hacking Firefox. I guess it just isn’t a serious contender anymore. Basically, Mozilla hasn’t made enough recent security improvements for it to be taken seriously.

One of Firefox’s biggest shortcomings is that it does not use a sandbox to keep the internet separated from your system. These days I consider a sandbox essential for most users. Every other browser I cover here uses a sandbox of some kind.

We’re also discovering some major problems with Firefox’s architecture. For instance, one of the worst is that JavaScript plugins in Firefox share the same namespace. This exposes all your other plugins to possible attack by a malicious plugin you may have unknowingly installed. It’s really not a good thing if your password storage plugin is exposed like that, for instance. The worst part is that this is built into the basic architecture so can’t be fixed.

Basically, it’s time for Mozilla to scrap Firefox and rebuild it from the ground up, much like what Microsoft did with Edge and what Opera did three years ago (see below).

That doesn’t necessarily mean you shouldn’t use Firefox anymore. It’s not going to matter much as long as your browsing habits are safe and you’re not installing evil plugins. And it’s still getting timely security updates for the things that they can fix.

As always, Firefox’s strongest point is its privacy. In fact, it’s their mission. Mozilla collects very little data and does not trade information on its users. Not to mention that Firefox is completely open source, which none of the other browsers here can claim. That means anyone can open up the source code and make sure there’s nothing shady inside.

https://tiptopsecurity.com/what-is-the-most-secure-web-browser/

I like Epic for general and Brave for more secure and private and Orbot/Orfox for ultimate privacy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 10:40:57 AM »
In related news, possibly some positive movement on curbing the fascist nature of Big Tech like Goolag & Farcebook...

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2018/09/22/draft-order-for-trump-would-crack-down-on-google-facebook#gs.vJ6cFkE

Time to cut some nuts!

And counterbalanced with some news that may not be so good...

Regulation hiding as privacy?

https://www.wral.com/rosenstein-suggested-he-secretly-record-trump-and-discussed-25th-amendment/17863723/

When is more law ever a good thing when existing laws are ignored?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:56:24 AM by Libertas »