Author Topic: Hacking to the nth degree  (Read 1596 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Hacking to the nth degree
« on: October 04, 2018, 05:14:05 PM »
This is down right scary.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

In the three years since the briefing in McLean, no commercially viable way to detect attacks like the one on Supermicro’s motherboards has emerged—or has looked likely to emerge. Few companies have the resources of Apple and Amazon, and it took some luck even for them to spot the problem. “This stuff is at the cutting edge of the cutting edge, and there is no easy technological solution,” one of the people present in McLean says. “You have to invest in things that the world wants. You cannot invest in things that the world is not ready to accept yet.”

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Re: Hacking to the nth degree
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 08:01:47 PM »
This is down right scary.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-04/the-big-hack-how-china-used-a-tiny-chip-to-infiltrate-america-s-top-companies

In the three years since the briefing in McLean, no commercially viable way to detect attacks like the one on Supermicro’s motherboards has emerged—or has looked likely to emerge. Few companies have the resources of Apple and Amazon, and it took some luck even for them to spot the problem. “This stuff is at the cutting edge of the cutting edge, and there is no easy technological solution,” one of the people present in McLean says. “You have to invest in things that the world wants. You cannot invest in things that the world is not ready to accept yet.”

I read the whole story. Very interesting. Very detailed story.

The story mentioned that the company Supermicro does video compression and has an emerald green logo. This reminded me of Pied Piper in the TV show Silocon Valley.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:48:13 PM »
  no surprising in the least.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:50:26 AM »

And we can trust the Deep State to protect us...and the companies beholden to the Deep State...as well as overseas vendors with ulterior motives...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.