Author Topic: Injun homeless camp in Minneapolis  (Read 4127 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
Injun homeless camp in Minneapolis
« on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:33 PM »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-28/largest-ever-homeless-camp-suddenly-erects-minneapolis
by Tyler Durden
Thu, 10/04/2018 - 22:45

The Associated Press (AP) has revealed a troubling story of the largest ever homeless encampment site mostly made up of Native Americans has quickly erected just south of downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota.

City officials are scrambling to contain the situation as two deaths in recent weeks, concerns about disease and infection, illicit drug use and the coming winter season, have sounded the alarm of a developing public health crisis.
The Minneapolis City Council voted Wednesday to move the camp to a 1.5-acre commercial property owned by the Red Lake Nation. The decision came five days after Mayor Jacob Frey and representatives of ten tribes said the industrial site was the best place to relocate the tent city.

The new site at 2105-2109 Cedar Ave. South will not be ready until December because demolition work will take several months, according to David Frank, the city’s Community Planning and Economic Development director.

"We will go as quick as we can to have the interim navigation center operational and ready," Frank said. "We have our permitting people standing by. We have our housing team, our facilities team and our projects management all lined up to do this work."

The cost of preparing the site with living accommodations for dozens of people will be between $2 million and $2.5 million, Frank added.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Injun homeless camp in Minneapolis
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:55:44 PM »
 Strange
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:20:11 AM »
Somalis have taken over all the section 8 housing.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 11:33:37 AM »
Strange

I agree. I figured the BIA would have them settled decades ago.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 12:27:36 PM »

The shame here if true is that our people are in tents and foreigners are being taken care of by their own local government.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »

The shame here if true is that our people are in tents and foreigners are being taken care of by their own local government.

People admitted as refugees and people granted asylum have access to public housing, welfare, etc.

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 01:39:46 PM »

People admitted as refugees and people granted asylum have access to public housing, welfare, etc.

That's our f**king problem! Who's side are you on anyhow??

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 02:47:15 PM »

He's just stating a fact, paul.  If he wasn't on our side, he wouldn't be here on the forum with us.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 08:52:15 AM »
I used to live in Eden Prairie and I read somewhere that every single low income housing unit was occupied by Somalis.  I sure as hell didn't vote for it, but it's true.  That multi colored high rise at the I-94 and Cedar St?  All Somali.  The whole Cedar-Riverside neighborhood is Somali.

I didn't vote for it.  But I fled it, eventually.

Back to cheering on the destruction of little yellow rodents, from 300 miles to the south.   ::bustamove::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »
Went to an automotive swat meet yesterday with one of my brothers. We passed a well-known "Nature Walk" along the way and I remarked that "they must have something going on" because of a huge number of vehicles and tents splayed out around the entrance.

"That's our new tent city" said my brother.

I found that somehow incredible since he lives 10 miles from anywhere in a tiny semi ghost town (the remnants of the logging industry). There can't be more than 150 residents of this town, and easily that many squatters just a mile down the road. Bro reported that because this burg is the nearest to where the bums set up camp, all of them go there for beer and cigarettes (and allegedly food). It means a brisk business for the only "grocery store" (an AM-PM mini-mart), but also a ton of beggars and transients wandering through their area.

Naturally the townfolk reached out to the county and state for help but, since "help" is all alt-leftist nimrods, "help" consists of lectures on diversity and inclusiveness (two mutually exclusive concepts). I suggested renting a bus and promising a trip to the local indian reservation for a day of free food and gambling - and then deposit them in downtown Seattle.

Bro is going to propose it to the town council ;'}

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 11:57:56 AM »
I used to live in Eden Prairie and I read somewhere that every single low income housing unit was occupied by Somalis.  I sure as hell didn't vote for it, but it's true.  That multi colored high rise at the I-94 and Cedar St?  All Somali.  The whole Cedar-Riverside neighborhood is Somali.

Back to cheering on the destruction of little yellow rodents, from 300 miles to the south.   ::bustamove::

Apart from the Little Earth rez, and a handful of token blacks and whites...yes.  It is in this area I saw one of their wymenz driving a van down the street in winter with their garb flapping out the door crease...

Sitholeapolis is doomed...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Went to an automotive swat meet yesterday with one of my brothers. We passed a well-known "Nature Walk" along the way and I remarked that "they must have something going on" because of a huge number of vehicles and tents splayed out around the entrance.

"That's our new tent city" said my brother.

I found that somehow incredible since he lives 10 miles from anywhere in a tiny semi ghost town (the remnants of the logging industry). There can't be more than 150 residents of this town, and easily that many squatters just a mile down the road. Bro reported that because this burg is the nearest to where the bums set up camp, all of them go there for beer and cigarettes (and allegedly food). It means a brisk business for the only "grocery store" (an AM-PM mini-mart), but also a ton of beggars and transients wandering through their area.

Naturally the townfolk reached out to the county and state for help but, since "help" is all alt-leftist nimrods, "help" consists of lectures on diversity and inclusiveness (two mutually exclusive concepts). I suggested renting a bus and promising a trip to the local indian reservation for a day of free food and gambling - and then deposit them in downtown Seattle.

Bro is going to propose it to the town council ;'}

::thumbsup::

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 02:13:52 PM »

He's just stating a fact, paul.  If he wasn't on our side, he wouldn't be here on the forum with us.
Yes. Liberals often state that imigrants cannot get welfare, etc. They are wrong. I wanted to nip that in the bud.  Refugees and people granted asylum can legally get welfare.  People with anchor babies can legally get welfare for the anchor babies. People  illegally do illegal things including illegally get welfare I imagine.

I met a homeless woman who had worked her whole life, taken care of a diabetic, then kidney patient, then amputee husband until death. She lost everything to medical bills she said. She now had health problems, (heart and cancer)  could not work, and was on a 3 year waiting list for public housng in Ramsey County MN.  The Somali 'refugees' have as much legal right to that public housing as she does and I think that sucks.  I imagine  they apply about a week after they get off the plane in Mpls.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »

Apart from the Little Earth rez, and a handful of token blacks and whites...yes.  It is in this area I saw one of their wymenz driving a van down the street in winter with their garb flapping out the door crease...

Ever been to the Wlamart in the Midway area of twin cities.  Mostly Somali employees.
Liberals criticize Walmart et al. for paying so little that head of household employees qualify for welfare. So, what do they do? They import more foreigners so we now have even more working people on welfare. Shut down the low skilled immigration and Walmart would have to pay more.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »

I do not get downtown much. I am confused by the news article. Is the city building the injuns a new campground or new housing?  I think US citizens should have priority to public housing.

Also, did this tent city just pop up in the last week?

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 08:32:43 AM »
The wildest WalMart I ever went to was East Bloomington.  Eden Prairie has plenty of Somali, also.

My local WalMart?  Zero.   ::thumbsup::  In fact, my local WalMart is so white, the HyVee down the street is probably more "diverse."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »

Ever been to the Wlamart in the Midway area of twin cities.  Mostly Somali employees.
Liberals criticize Walmart et al. for paying so little that head of household employees qualify for welfare. So, what do they do? They import more foreigners so we now have even more working people on welfare. Shut down the low skilled immigration and Walmart would have to pay more.

I got Rooskies at mine...take them over any Scuzlim!

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 01:40:27 PM »

Update on the camp
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/12/camping-out-in-minneapolis.php

POSTED ON DECEMBER 4, 2018 BY SCOTT JOHNSON IN LEFTISM, LIBERALS, MEDIA, MINNESOTA
CAMPING OUT IN MINNEAPOLIS

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 06:56:24 AM »
Why just spin the news if you can also be part of the news?!

Progtard Logic 101.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 09:39:01 AM »