Author Topic: The Last Closet - Book  (Read 3423 times)

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
The Last Closet - Book
« on: November 10, 2018, 05:30:12 PM »
I finished reading a book, the Last Closet.  The editor is a former MN boy, who goes by Vox Day now. It was disturbing.  I liked it but it took a lot out of me. The main part of the book is 340 pages. The remainder is mostly depositions in case anyone doubts the author.

The Last Closet Paperback – April 18, 2018
by Moira Greyland  (Author), Vox Day (Foreword)
Link: http://a.co/d/4cCMHFs

Marion Zimmer Bradley was a bestselling science fiction author, a feminist icon, and was awarded the World Fantasy Award for lifetime achievement. She was best known for the Arthurian fiction novel THE MISTS OF AVALON and for her very popular Darkover series.

She was also a monster.

THE LAST CLOSET: The Dark Side of Avalon is a brutal tale of a harrowing childhood. It is the true story of predatory adults preying on the innocence of children without shame, guilt, or remorse. It is an eyewitness account of how high-minded utopian intellectuals, unchecked by law, tradition, religion, or morality, can create a literal Hell on Earth.

THE LAST CLOSET is also an inspiring story of survival. It is a powerful testimony to courage, to hope, and to faith. It is the story of Moira Greyland, the only daughter of Marion Zimmer Bradley and convicted child molester Walter Breen, told in her own words.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: The Last Closet - Book
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 07:38:31 AM »
I've heard the story.  Her husband, Walter Breen (of coin collecting fame and sci fi writing) was actually convicted of child molestation, multiple times.

Keep in mind, as these sci fi conventions ban more and more people for Bad Thought, Bradley and Breen continue to be honored.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
I've heard the story.  Her husband, Walter Breen (of coin collecting fame and sci fi writing) was actually convicted of child molestation, multiple times.

Keep in mind, as these sci fi conventions ban more and more people for Bad Thought, Bradley and Breen continue to be honored.

Well...isn't that insane progressive?!

Almost repeated myself there...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:43:28 AM »
There's a special place in Hell for people like that.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 11:54:38 AM »
Yeah...it's people like that who are one of the reasons why proper preparation is a necessary daily habit one must make certain becomes SOP!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.