Author Topic: Maybe we need to start this discussion  (Read 4774 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Maybe we need to start this discussion
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:48:27 PM »
"What Would You Do During SHTF With Family and Friends Collab"

So, start it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 11:32:10 AM »

foottapping

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:14:33 PM »
  First is get the people you want here  here done made a list of who as to avoid telling people that they need to go. In my case have place to put supplies that are being brought in from outside.....food fuel ammo and so on.  Pick a place to put equipment in cars trucks and what have you.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 07:03:25 AM »
As Dave Hester would say..."Yuuup!".

I watched this video, the fella is blessed with common sense.  I only see two obvious problem areas and they are probably shared by most -

1) People in your family, immediate and extended, may not be the most reliable and dependable...and like he correctly stated everyone has to pull their own weight.  If not, they're gone.  But then what if they don't willingly leave, what if others you prefer to stay interfere, etc etc?  Somebody is going to have to be the bad ass, The Enforcer, and live with the fallout.  Chances are you'll have dependable allies to make hard decisions easier...but some will be harder than others.  Something to think on and best thing you can do is tell people ahead of time the ground rules and who is not welcome.  An accompanying consideration is having plans, staging points, prepositioned emergency supplies, yadda yadda yadda.

2) Defending ones people and property.  Gonna find out real quick who can cut it and who cannot, adjust roles and responsibilities according to ability.  If your young niece is more reliable on-the-line than a brother or cousin, make the switch.  When it comes time to do what must be done hesitation and doubt will doom you all.

It's usually these "not nice" topics that many family members squirm over and wish to avoid.  Force the topic.  I will be doing just that this Thanksgiving...it may be one of the last peaceful gatherings we have...it is the time for peaceful separation from our enemies or violent separation...there is no middle ground, unless you call mass graves the middle ground.  I reckon my introductory address will be received about as favorably as a ripe toot, but for some people reality has to be shoved in their face.  They can run away...but the knowledge will still be in their memory.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:15:12 AM »
My family is already a write-off.

1) Have you talked to your family?

Yep.  Even most of the older folks suggest to me I am full of sh*t, and it will never happen

2) Would you ask your family to join.

My nuclear family no point. I will accept anyone who is competent and trying their best (as I see it)

3) if my family/friends not pulling weight?

Like him, if there are elderly or special cases, maybe. Maybe. Until we cant afford it. sure. But you don't work or help  in some way.. then you are out.

4) food/game scarce

Make more, ration, then steal - especially from those who felt it okay to steal from me.

5) biggest fear?

The right combination of rural vs urban. You want enough people , but not too many
What is that number? No F'ing clue.

6)  would I join gang/clan and rob and steal

If needed. The faster your clan grows, the better off you are.
If you steal, do it because he is a mofo, and then kill the mofo and anyone who might avenge him
If not , you won't grow the clan. More trusted people, the better off you are.  People don't trust or support thieves. You try to integrate as many as possible.

And if someone steals from you, no, you don't kill them. You give the an opportunity to make amends ( rock salt in shotgun shells) and kill the mofo if he doesn't

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:44:55 AM »
Pulling weight can take several forms, most people, even elderly and less mobile, can do something.

Most will not have all questions answered only because the question may not have occurred to them yet (it will, sooner or later) or because the answer they thought they had doesn't meet the actual reality faced.  Adjust, adapt and overcome...gotta be flexible...but within the parameters of your principles and goals.

There are gaps in my own questions and answers...gonna get filled in one way or another.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 04:32:11 PM »
  security is paramount but you need bodies to cover borders you call yours.

http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php?action=post;topic=16803.0;last_msg=174995

These help and have a good range so you need less people wasting time standing guard. 1/4 mile range double A batteries rechargeable would be best.
 Filippo Mazzie