Author Topic: WeinerGate...Weinergeddon!!!  (Read 62022 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: WeinerGate...Weinergeddon!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 02, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
Ed Morrisey finally weighs in at HotAir. I remember asking in the comments section on Sunday or Monday if I was the only one who was wondering why this issue wasn't being discussed there and at least one person said that Morrisey (at the time) believed that Weiner was probably telling the truth about the matter (I think this attitude was revealed on one of his radio appearances over the weekend).

I think that Morrisey was just too proud (or embarrassed) to post on it. Well, that has changed apparently. This thing is now so dominating the news that it's impossible to not comment on it.

Here is the link to Morrisey's post.

Of note is a link to a story at the Politico as to why the Democrats aren't circling the wagon on this one. The theory is that his colleagues dislike him (if possible, just as much as his political opponents) because of his grandstanding and media whoring at their expense. Oops. "Friends? I don't need friends! I'm Anthony Weiner! Star of stage and screen! The Black Knight always triumphs! I'm invincible!" ("You're a loony.")

Rep. Jerry Nadler said, “No comment. I don’t know anything.”

“I am not going to comment,” Nadler continued as questions were hurled at him.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:56:26 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #141 on: June 02, 2011, 08:34:48 AM »
Trump offers his opinion on the matter and it's about what you would expect. Trump cuts through the BS and says what everyone knows: That the behavior so far exhibited by Weiner is not that of an innocent party.

LINK
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:45 AM »
And in related news here is a story about "male "hotness" delusion syndrome."

LINK

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »
Okay, one more and then I gotta do something useful that enhances my revenue...

AP at HotAir (who weighed in for the first time on Monday, I think) posts on the MSNBC Lawrence O'Donnel interview with the infamous Weiner in which Weiner kinda sorta hints that the picture might be him but that somehow someone has manipulated the pic to make it look bigger than it really is or something to that effect. They have two vids on that post to accompany the usual AP snark.

LINK

You have to wonder if (in private) Weiner is curled up in the fetal position sucking his thumb and mumbling to himself. An adult needs to intervene at some point and convince him to give this up. It is quickly moving from the grotesquely absurd to the cartoonishly ridiculous and is obviously preventing the Democrats from getting their message out that Republicans want to kill seniors.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:00:35 AM by trapeze »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »
The Weiner is in the grinder and its too late to stop the process!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51:39 AM »
Didn't he take after Laura Ingraham not long ago during an interview?  I wonder if she's a little amused by his self-inflicted headshot.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56:36 AM »
Beck sure is!  ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
I don't know about that, but he has consistently been one of the more aggressive proglodytes in that strain so I would not be surprised in the least, I can expect nothing but the worst from a Chuckie Schumer protege!

:P
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:15 AM »
You have to really, really work hard to make this much of an ass of yourself. And that's why this is eliciting so much traction in DC and in the media...because Weiner has worked for a very long time on the setup. This last weekend he finally punched his own ticket and now he can't get off of the ride that he paid for.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2011, 10:02:08 AM »
I don't know about that, but he has consistently been one of the more aggressive proglodytes in that strain so I would not be surprised in the least, I can expect nothing but the worst from a Chuckie Schumer protege!

:P

And, if you believe the Politico story, Schumer is as pissed off at him as every other NY Dem (probably more than any of them) for stealing the spotlight. After all, the spotlight belongs to Schumer and Weiner has been horning in on it without permission.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
Yes, I am taking cruel pleasure in Tony Tallywacker's distress. It couldn't happen to a more deserving POS.

It's not that the original act was so egregious - I've even shared a laugh or two (at his expense of course!) with my 88 year old mom. No, it is how he, in his unbounded arrogance chose to deal with it. This is a textbook case of unbridled ego and self-inflicted wounds. It starts with him believing his own hype and feeeeeeeeeling himself invincible.

The ironic and highly amusing factor in all of this is TT's lack of leftist support. Sure, there is some backers out there but they are of the "Yes, he is an azzhole, but he's our azzhole" variety. Most are content to leave his spinning in the wind.

In the end, it may be that he skates on all of this - after all, since dhimmicrats have no shame, one can't expect them to feel shame. Whatever else, he has hamstrung himself and is now....literally....flaccid (sorry, I couldn't resist!).

If he has friends they should organize a suicide watch...

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2011, 10:07:07 AM »
The ironic and highly amusing factor in all of this is TT's lack of leftist support. Sure, there is some backers out there but they are of the "Yes, he is an azzhole, but he's our azzhole" variety. Most are content to leave his spinning in the wind.

From the above linked Politico story...

Addressing about two dozen reporters, he mentioned that he had to keep it short because he had to attend a Fox News interview, just the latest in a string of cable and network TV interviews.

“We’re going in increasing order of something …” Weiner started. “Size,” interjected Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) as he strolled by the reporters.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2011, 10:19:28 AM »
Weiner finally makes the headline at FNC. I don't think that this was the way that he wanted to do it, though.

LINK

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
So, it's all Weinergeddon, all the time, and I'm deeply suspicious about what the other hand is doing.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »

The other hand may be trying to shake TT out of his delusion.  He's sucking the air from the "Republicans are killing grandma'" story  of the week.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2011, 10:31:13 AM »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »

The other hand may be trying to shake TT out of his delusion.  He's sucking the air from the "Republicans are killing grandma'" story  of the week.

Maybe Debbie Wasserman-Hyphen-Poodleperm can go have a chat with our hero, shake some booty at him, and permantly cure the problem, so they can get back on message.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

Well, if she can't get him back on message nobody can!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
I heard it's just a small matter

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly