Author Topic: WeinerGate...Weinergeddon!!!  (Read 61801 times)

Offline michelleo

Re: WeinerGate...Weinergeddon!!!
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »
Damn! I missed Breitbart! Hopefully someone will post on u-toob.

http://bcove.me/zp0n994q]

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »
Ace of Spades has a post saying that Daily Kos has been punked with a fake post:  Very Funny: Prankster Hacks The Daily Kos; Read It Before They Delete It

I got screenshots.

We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #302 on: June 06, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
 ::laughonfloor::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #303 on: June 06, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
some tweets that made me laugh:

LoveRhino
One thing I learned in kindergarten: Just because your weiner has a first name doesn't mean you should introduce it to everyone

jfoster58Judy C. Foster
So disappointed in Anthony Weiner. I thought he was smarter than that

tiffyd72Tiffany
is it wrong that I feel slighted b/c after years of following Rep.Weiner,I never got a junk shot?What's wrong w/me?Am I not pretty enough

jcheretteJohn Cherette
I guess now would be a good time to delete all these naked photos Rep. Weiner sent me.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #304 on: June 06, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #305 on: June 06, 2011, 09:43:13 PM »
A command performance.

Excellent.

And odd.  Breitbart shows up to see the weiner news conference and kicks off the news conference. 

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #306 on: June 06, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »
Link to the ABCNews story about the woman with the explicit photo(s).

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/weiner-photo-scandal-woman-speaks-13777199

News coming in almost right after Weiner's misty eyed presser: Pelosi has called for an ethics investigation. The Democrat leadership seems to have done the calculus on this and decided that this course makes the most sense for the party. No circling the wagons on this one...under the bus he goes.

Some of the answers that he gave in the presser left way too much room for further prevarication and if I could see it then so could anyone.

This is far from over.

Weiner stated that he had not had any physical relationships with these 6 women. Natural follow up question in a post Clinton political world would be: Have you had any physical relationships in the last 2 to 3 years with other women who you were not married to?

Weiner hedged on the answer to the questions about the underage status of some of the females he was following.

Weiner used the "as far as I know I did not" phrase to answer the questions about his use of government property in this series of incidents. These are "weasel words."

I am sure there are more examples...

And for some retrospective from several days ago here is the ABCNews interview where Weiner lies to the face of the reporter...wide eyed, accusatory, self-righteous, indignant...this is a man who is used to lying and is quite good at it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 09:58:12 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #307 on: June 06, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »
A command performance.

Excellent.

And odd.  Breitbart shows up to see the weiner news conference and kicks off the news conference. 

Breitbart sez that when he showed up at the presser there were a lot of questions for him and the reporters eventually asked him to take the stage and answer their questions.

Twilight Zone-ish.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #308 on: June 06, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
I haven't had this much fun since Joanne Kloppenstein's election went up in flames . . .
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #309 on: June 06, 2011, 10:03:04 PM »
I haven't had this much fun since Joanne Kloppenstein's election went up in flames . . .

Well, I suppose it's a matter of perspective but for me Weiner is a far bigger fish, has much farther to fall. And I don't think I have heard "splat" yet.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #310 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Think that Salon and its Editor At Large, Joan Walsh will issue an apology or mea culpa to Breitbart? Think again.

http://www.salon.com/news/anthony_weiner_dny/index.html?story=/opinion/walsh/politics/2011/06/06/weinergate_lessons

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #311 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:53 PM »
...And for some retrospective from several days ago here is the ABCNews interview where Weiner lies to the face of the reporter...wide eyed, accusatory, self-righteous, indignant...this is a man who is used to lying and is quite good at it.

A prerequisite of Leftism. It cannot be advanced without lies.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #312 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
A brief look at the homepage for Media Matters reveals absolutely ZERO articles on Weiner.

I wonder why?

A search for "Weiner" on Media Matters reveals only one story from May 31st...there are others before this date but they are irrelevant to this story.

I wonder why?

Oh yeah, Huffington Post never did give this story headline treatment. Not once, all day. It is currently three or four stories down from the headline but for some reason this "minor" story has close to 11,000 comments.

How could that be?

This is Monica and the blue dress all over again.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:29:06 PM by trapeze »

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #313 on: June 06, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
And via Real Clear Politics, the round mound of sound, Ed Schultz (I thought he was suspended for being a dick) demands that Weiner resign.

LINK

"Congressman there is only one person who can end this story -- you. You got to take one for the team. The country. Your constituents. And your party. They all deserve better. Congressman Weiner has put Nancy Pelosi in an untenable position. The Democratic Leader has already called for an ethics investigation, so what does that tell you? I don't see any Democrats out there on the cables tonight just jumping to supporting Anthony Weiner.

He made this a public issue. He did it. When he lied repeatedly during a media tour that lasted a week. This is about trust. Do you trust what he says now? This is about character. And this is about the people and what the people of this country deserve in elected officials. All of the people that have gotten in trouble before I've advocated them resigning because the taxpayers deserve total focus. Congressman Weiner, if you believe in yourself, you will resign and you will come back and run again in 2012 because that's what the taxpayers deserve. They deserve a Representative that is totally focused."

Someone needs to slap the crap out of him for daring to demand "character" from anyone.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:36:16 PM by trapeze »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #314 on: June 06, 2011, 10:34:57 PM »

Get Weiner out before they find the Wood Chuck.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #315 on: June 06, 2011, 10:50:39 PM »
As I said, this is far from over. RadarOnline has this story in which the female claims that Weiner did in fact use government phones to have phone sex with her.

Said Weiss: "After a while I said to Anthony, 'Why are writing these messages when we can just speak?'

"I gave him my number and he called me from his office and we proceeded to talk dirty for at least 30 minutes.

"A few days later, I tried to call him back on that number.

"But the number wouldn't connect to his office; instead there was a recorded message that it was an outgoing U.S. Congress line only."

Read the rest if you are morbidly curious but that line right there is the money line. If true it is totally verifiable via phone records which are easily obtained.

Even gawker.com can connect the dots on this one:

If Weiss' claims are proven correct, it would spell trouble with Weiner, who will soon be the subject of an ethics investigation — one that's specifically looking into "whether any official resources were used." And if Weiner was so brazen as to have used his office phone with Weiss, it wouldn't be surprising to learn that she wasn't the only one.

Duh.

And the office phone makes perfect sense when you think about it. In this day of caller ID, why would anyone get involved in a clandestine phone affair and use a home phone and/or a cell phone? There is no way in the world that he would contact one of his "hot babes" from home where the call could come right back to him at an awkward or inopportune time like, say, when the wife could answer it. And since all cell phones have caller ID and log phone calls (answered or not) it wouldn't make sense to use it either. Public pay phones would never work for phone sex for obvious reasons. No...only the work phone makes sense when you are mixing it up with your hot phone sex babe. This will be obvious to anyone once they think it through for a few minutes.

More, yes more, lewd stuff can be found here. Keep it classy, Weiner.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:13:37 AM by trapeze »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #316 on: June 06, 2011, 11:02:15 PM »

Well, I suppose it's a matter of perspective but for me Weiner is a far bigger fish, has much farther to fall. And I don't think I have heard "splat" yet.

How far can weiner fall? All the way to erectile dysfunction status in my opinion.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #317 on: June 06, 2011, 11:04:09 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Weiner is shown the door by the Democrat leadership before the ethics investigation can even get started.

Since Pelosi has personally called for it they are committed to it. But I just don't see the percentage in it for the Democrats. Why submit to a nationally televised (because you know it will be) ethics committee investigation with day after day, hour after hour release of salacious details?

Once the rest of this crap hits the fan they will force him out rather than go through this public humiliation. At least that would be the smart thing to do.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #318 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:18 PM »
I think the one he really fears is Hillary. His wife has been Hillary's right-hand for years. If Hillary says he's out, he's out. She's been through this herself before, and chose to remain connected to the power of her husband's former presidency. Weiner has no such power, and the potential for it has evaporated. If Huma is disgusted and wants to rid herself of this Smeagol of a man, Hillary will make it happen.

The corner of my mouth turns up slightly when I think of the groveling and weeping he's likely going through at this very moment.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #319 on: June 06, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »
I think the one he really fears is Hillary. His wife has been Hillary's right-hand for years. If Hillary says he's out, he's out. She's been through this herself before, and chose to remain connected to the power of her husband's former presidency. Weiner has no such power, and the potential for it has evaporated. If Huma is disgusted and wants to rid herself of this Smeagol of a man, Hillary will make it happen.

The corner of my mouth turns up slightly when I think of the groveling and weeping he's likely going through at this very moment.

Think: Fetal position. Thumb sucking. Catatonic.

I agree that HRC could probably rub him out with a phone call. The question is whether she will do it unilaterally or not. I think she would if prompted by the humiliated wife. But she might do it anyway. Leftists always know what's good for others, you know.

For Huma, though, it would be better if she left first. 'Cause otherwise it just looks mercenary.