Author Topic: Nice rundown of a sensible educational program for kids  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Nice rundown of a sensible educational program for kids
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:09:07 AM »
I would post this in Education but sadly official institutions are largely write-off's at this point, so deep into Progressive indoctrination as to be eminently more harmful than being illiterate.  It is up to parents, guardians and interested relatives and friends to intervene directly so as to not lose any more generations to ignorance and misery.

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/25-life-skills-that-should-be-taught-in-school-but-arent/

I really like the Dangerous Book for Boys...there's a companion one for girls too...I gave the former to my Nephews to share years ago.

I agree geography should be added, as well as being knowledgeable about world history and especially American history and our Founding...the latter will come into deeper focus once you understand much of the former.   Some exploration of Philosophy which can be a starting point for a discussion on logic and reason.  And related to literature and reading...writing!  Proper writing and grammar, handwriting too since if the world goes dark you'll have need of it.  And along with understanding finances and such, include a brief history of law from Magna Carta and Common Law to modern tort law and key precedents.  Basic macro & micro economics and the follies of the Neo-Keynsian policies.  Some art history and basic physics, astronomy, engineering, math, chemistry and geometry.  Electives to go deeper into any of these as well as learning another language...perhaps focusing on those spoken by nations who may invade us or who we would like to invade.

Anyway...food for thought.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Nice rundown of a sensible educational program for kids
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:00:24 AM »
What you described sounds very much like the education I received in the 70's at public schools in Pennsylvania.  What I have seen with my 22 year old son here in California has very little to do with any of that.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Nice rundown of a sensible educational program for kids
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 11:17:32 AM »
You and me both...the basics were a part of my youth...what my nephews get taught?  Apart from the STEM courses the rest is utter dreck.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.