Author Topic: Asia Times...not much better than NY Times...dreck is dreck - INF issue  (Read 7995 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
'ol Dick Bitz is a long-time America-hating turd-world-dwelling BRICS-pimping moron...proves it in every piece written...especially this one on Trump threatening to pull out of the broken INF treaty:

Flash forward to 2018. Trump’s foreign policy coterie, led by Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and National Security Advisor John Bolton – a man who was never a fan of arms control agreements – has accused Russia of violating the INF Treaty by continuing to test two types of missiles.

The first is the SSC-8 cruise missile, reportedly a ground-launched version of the ship- and submarine-based Kalibr missile system. The INF Treaty does not apply to sea-based or air-launched intermediate-range delivery vehicles.

Russia has been testing the SSC-8 for the past decade and it supposedly has a range of 2,500 kilometers, placing it clearly within the banned zone.

Second, Moscow is also working on a ballistic missile designated the RS-26. Although technically an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), that is, with a range greater than 5,500 kilometers, the RS-26 has been test-fired at distances of about 2,000 kilometers, potentially making it an INF weapon in disguise.
More to the point, it is likely that the Trump administration is concerned more about the build-up of Chinese nuclear forces than it is about Russia. The INF Treaty applies only to the US and Russia, and China has been steadily expanding its stable of medium- and intermediate-range nuclear forces for decades.

More importantly, it has significantly built up its strategic nuclear forces, which now stands at about 50-60 ICBMs, particularly road-mobile, solid-fueled rockets.

The US argument inferred here is that Washington lacks the capacity to deploy countering nuclear forces closer to China and that it therefore needs ground-based INF in Asia.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-11/china-agenda-behind-trump-leaving-inf-treaty

Got that?  Russia can cheat and build up, China can build up...and America cannot be allowed to cheat, cannot be allowed to build and cannot be allowed to leave the INF!  Oh, and America is always wrong, must always surrender...and Trump is evil!

Yeah, that'll work...

/
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Asia Times...not much better than NY Times...dreck is dreck - INF issue
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
Yah, well, bullsh*te to that. 

We should not go looking for trouble or interfere in affairs that clearly do not adversely affect us, but we as a country need to be able to defend and project if necessary.  IOW, don't want no sh*te, don't start no sh*te.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:36:06 AM »
Amen!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
  As much as I agree with both of you we cannot forget that we have agreements with allies that will be taking a pounding long before it gets to us that we will back them.  We sell them down the river they can turn on us for their own safety.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
  As much as I agree with both of you we cannot forget that we have agreements with allies that will be taking a pounding long before it gets to us that we will back them.  We sell them down the river they can turn on us for their own safety.

Agreements with allies?  Which allies would those be, like Britain and Australia, two of the FiveEyes intel "community", that were part of the cabal spying on Trump from his campaign on to the Presidency?  Those allies?  Or France's Macron, who openly mocked and disparaged Trump's view of nationalism for us?

We need better, real allies, so, I'm guessing those agreements need to be redone as have our trade policies.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
  Poland right next to the Ukraine.  France don't care about UK I care.  Don't forget Obama was spying an them and got caught.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »
Well, more power to ya; care all you want.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 11:39:35 AM »

Agreements with allies?  Which allies would those be, like Britain and Australia, two of the FiveEyes intel "community", that were part of the cabal spying on Trump from his campaign on to the Presidency?  Those allies?  Or France's Macron, who openly mocked and disparaged Trump's view of nationalism for us?

We need better, real allies, so, I'm guessing those agreements need to be redone as have our trade policies.

Yup.

We're in a time of great fluidity...same old same old isn't going to cut it...and Progs claim (falsely) that conservatives are stuck in the past (only in terms of being guided by Our Founders and the principles and Judeo-Christian heritage they stood for) when it is they who want all manner of entanglements because of the stupid hope that they can rise together because nobody wants to die together...and because controlling each others populations actions and thoughts craddle to grave is the only way to ensure their survival as elites.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:09:46 AM by Libertas »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 12:34:32 PM »

Pan we can't dump all of Europe.  they're the reason wars don't come here.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 09:35:24 PM »

Pan we can't dump all of Europe.  they're the reason wars don't come here.

JF, no, not all; western Europe and Britain dumped us already, except for the hands Trump is prying out of our pockets; we will be better off, and making better allies, with Poland and Hungary, and maybe Italy.  I don't about the Czech Republic and a few others, but even Australia knifed us.

Tell me, please, how Europe is the reason wars don't come here.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 09:46:29 PM »
  Both WW were in Europe not here other than Pearl Harbor.   They take a pounding and we don't.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 06:44:01 AM »
So, we're supposed to keep them from killing each other, same as two other times, so they don't cross an ocean to come and kill us?

Yah, nope.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
We get ridiculed and vilified for bailing their asses out, spending billions rebuilding their countries and billions more every year protecting them from assholes they cave in to anyway...

Hard to see a payoff any more.

Western Europe especially...they cave to Islam and Russia, fine...they can be on their own.  Central Europe more sane than Western, ally with them but to a point.

Besides, if the ingrates in the West get invaded/taken over by whoever...all we have to do is keep them on their side of the ocean.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »
IMO Trump is right to formally declare INF dead...

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/trump-administration-announces-u-s-withdrawal-from-inf-treaty/

...the original signer of that agreement Ronald Reagan had a famous and innately wise saying - "trust but verify".

We verified, Russia cheated, trust is gone, period.

Only a complete imbecile would buy "trust, hope it works, stay in it even if effed in the arse".

Russia's tit-tat counter-tit...

https://www.apnews.com/15881e8900db4c4eaae3d84bb2500041

The only honest statement coming out of Putin's face - “We must not and will not be drawn into a costly arms race,”

...yeah well, what were you hoping to gain by this?  Could it be to give the green-light to your Chi-Com pals to build a new class of nuclear arms?  I'm sure they would never ever in a million years turn such things your direction...it's just not conceivable, is it?

Idiots.  Well, whatever...nuke the planet...not like the majority of human beings is getting any more intelligent...pretty sure the global IQ dips lower with each passing second...

Oh well, don't worry...carry on and what will be will be.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 07:43:29 AM »
When rooskies start going over-the-top with the fear-mongering...

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-threatens-us-with-nuclear-doomsday-device-after-inf-failure-2019-2

...it is a certain indicator a nerve has been hit. 

More proof ending this charade is the right move...

Now, if only the batshyt crazy Rooskies could just calm down and get back on their meds...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
  What no rivers of blood running down our streets........ oh wait those were muzzies that said that.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 07:47:10 AM »
Seriously, Putin & Co are going full General Ripper! 

Russian state television has listed U.S. military facilities that Moscow would target in the event of a nuclear strike, and said that a hypersonic missile Russia is developing would be able to hit them in less than five minutes.

The targets included the Pentagon and the presidential retreat in Camp David, Maryland.

The report, unusual even by the sometimes bellicose standards of Russian state TV, was broadcast on Sunday evening, days after President Vladimir Putin said Moscow was militarily ready for a “Cuban Missile”-style crisis if the United States wanted one.

With tensions rising over Russian fears that the United States might deploy intermediate-range nuclear missiles in Europe as a Cold War-era arms-control treaty unravels, Putin has said Russia would be forced to respond by placing hypersonic nuclear missiles on submarines near U.S. waters.

The United States says it has no immediate plans to deploy such missiles in Europe and has dismissed Putin’s warnings as disingenuous propaganda. It does not currently have ground-based intermediate-range nuclear missiles that it could place in Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-russia/after-putins-warning-russian-tv-lists-nuclear-targets-in-u-s-idUSKCN1QE1DM

It's impossible now for even the most dedicated Russophile to pretend Russia is the great leader in world peace and global sanity when much like the lunatic days of the Soviet Empire the leadership of Russia and their state propaganda outlets keep unleashing warnings of annihilation and thinking this is a sensible and sane method of diplomacy to sway other governments!

The fact that despite the total Russian violation of the INF treaty and the fact that we have zero interest, especially under Trump, of putting an entire new class of nuclear missiles (to us anyway) in Europe and still these batshyt crazy threats of nuclear obliteration of the United States by Russia come screaming in almost daily...is leading me to believe Russia is disingenuous as hell on this issue!  I think they are trying way to hard to scare us, I think they know we can develop this new class of weapon quickly and probably make more of them with better performance than they can only brag about and that there is nothing they can do to stop it.  And we do not have to deploy them on European land.  Go sub-based like they brag about.  Fvck Europe, they're on their own.  We should pull immediately out of NATO but in terms of practicality...if Europe is attacked and the only way to stop them is to go nuclear and doing so kicks off the global exchange of everybody's arsenal...well, I don't see that happening.  It will be more like a conventional division of spoils a la Pre-1940 Russia & Germany.

We don't have to do sh*t in Europe and we don't have to refrain from developing this new class of weapon. 

What we do have to worry about is how unstable is Russia and how likely to pounce on neighbors are they?  We keep hearing Putin having problems of all sorts at home, but he keeps surviving at the top...plus pressures of a stalemate in Ukraine and rising tensions in Crimean waters, their pals in Venezuela going down the sh*tter, China seen as a bigger shot-caller in their little eff-America club...are they close to lashing out to bolster their position?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 11:06:07 AM »
 I don't see Putin as batsh*t crazy . He's a heck of a lot more calculating than to attack us in any way.  This is the shiny object the question is what is he really after??  I just don't think it's us.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
His target is Europe, needs them to keep buying their energy and he needs them to back off on their foreign adventures...the best way to achieve that IMHO is to not threaten the US with thermonuclear annihilation but to stop being dicks and give us a reason to part with Europe on peaceful terms.  They are making it hard to want to give them anything but the middle finger.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9365741/russia-warns-cuban-missile-crisis-warship-havana/

All bark, no bite...if Vlad thinks any of this posturing and meme-repeating bleating is going to change Trump's decision to nix a bogus broken pact...then Vlad might be nuts...assuming he isn't nuts it's hard to see how this can be anything other than propaganda for the proletariat at home...but did he box himself into a corner where to protect his oft denied INF violation advantages gained by escalating a military conflict the other side of his mouth said he wants to avoid?