Author Topic: The Progressive War Against our Founding Christian tradition continues  (Read 23403 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: The Progressive War Against our Judeo-Christian tradition continues
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2020, 01:34:03 PM »

I'd actually believe that Breaking Headline . . . if not for the fact that a Pelosiosaurus can still be found in the House of Representatives.

(though we look forward to her some day fossilized remains)
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The Progressive War Against our Judeo-Christian tradition continues
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2020, 06:47:55 AM »

I'd actually believe that Breaking Headline . . . if not for the fact that a Pelosiosaurus can still be found in the House of Representatives.

(though we look forward to her some day fossilized remains)

Re: latter...we can make diamonds...surely expediting fossilization is not beyond us.   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: The Progressive War Against our Founding Christian tradition continues
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 10:05:00 PM »
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2020, 07:31:00 AM »
Yeah...ask this liar for the passages where sodomy is sanctioned by God!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 04:52:20 PM »
Yeah...ask this liar for the passages where sodomy is sanctioned by God!

I assure you he does know them chapter and verse but will never utter a word of them in private or public.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2020, 09:00:54 AM »
No doubt since it is Good Friday...all the forces hostile to Christianity will either respectfully zip their lip (what are the odds?) or continue their Jihad against us...

Well, I say we remind them...

H/T-TLR/CT

...Jesus died for their sins too, if only they repent and accept him as Lord and Savior.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2020, 06:22:39 PM »
  Amen!   ::praying::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
Creepy Commie Conan...justifiably getting lit up for trashing Jesus on Easter and mocking Trump's faith,,,

https://www.westernjournal.com/conan-obrien-mocks-jesus-trump-unfunny-easter-joke-james-woods-fires-back/

Looking forward to seeing Conan's mocking of Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day on the 21st, Gaia worshipers on Earth Day 22nd, and the Mohammadan's on the start of Ramadan on the 23rd!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »
  Another asshole heard from.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
What if We’ve all Been Primed?
by Tom Nikkola

We’re all in this together. Stay home. Stay safe. We’ll get through this. It’s our new normal.

These words have been repeated so many times, you’d think they’re used for  selling the latest superfood.
They’re not selling a superfood, but is it possible they’re trying to sell us something?

A Sequence of Events
Vanessa and I were playing our morning game of Sequence and drinking our coffee in early April (we’ve been playing card games before work since well before the COVID-19 chaos). Just before the news shifted to commercial, the newsperson stated, “Stay home. Stay safe.”

The commercials came on, with one after another using the phrases I mentioned above. That was the moment I first realized how often those phrases were coming at us. Of course, once you notice something like this, you can’t not see it and hear it anymore. Welcome to the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. Perhaps my bringing it up to you will make you aware now too.
Whether the coordinated use of these phrases was some sort of nationwide scheme created by a group behind “the curtain,” or it was a simple coincidence, we’ve been primed, and it’s had a visible impact on people’s thoughts, words, and actions.

Behavioral Priming
Though its effects are controversial, psychologists, researchers, and marketers have tested behavioral priming since the middle of the 20th century.
If you’re not familiar with priming, it is the ability to influence someone’s thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors without them knowing about it, through exposing them to a previous stimulus. For example, repeating the phrase, “Stay home. Stay safe.” could be a form of priming, as it has the potential to impact the way people think (or don’t think and just do), speak, or act.

As John Bargh explains in his article, published in the European Journal of Social Psychology,
The past 25 years have seen amazing empirical advances in our knowledge of the kinds of psychological concepts and processes that can be primed or put into motion unconsciously. Social norms to guide or channel behavior within the situation; goals to achieve high performance, to cooperate with an opponent, or to be fair minded and egalitarian; emotions that shape our reactions and responses to subsequent, unrelated stimuli; and of course, knowledge structures such as stereotypes and trait constructs for use in the comprehension and encoding of often ambiguous social behavior. And social behavior itself can be produced unconsciously in the same fashion.

Still more recently, though, priming effects of even greater complexity have been discovered, such as in the nonconscious activation of deep cultural ideologies and other interpersonal relations…

Consider this statement: We’re all in this together.
If you hear this over and over, and unconsciously believe it, then it means those who don’t follow the conventional recommendations aren’t in this with you. They’re outsiders. They are easy to target and hate and slander. It feels okay to treat them as outsiders because people believe they have the support of their pack to do so.

Or take this one: Stay home. Stay safe.
This implies that by staying home, you’re doing something that helps protect people. To not stay home then, would mean putting others at risk. It sets the stage for people to easily buy into the idea that if you don’t stay home, you’re selfish.
There’s nothing to prove this statement is accurate. Recent data says the opposite: 66% of hospitalizations in New York are from people sheltering in place.

Yet, if you asked the average person what they should do to protect themselves and others, they’d say, “I should stay home to stay safe.”

Behavioral priming can lead us to believe something is a fact even without evidence to support it. It would explain why some people feel it’s okay to throw stones at those who believe in something other than staying home. They want to slander doctors who suggest we’re actually safer being at work. Maybe their strong emotion comes from the fact that they’ve been well-primed over the past couple of months.

And finally, what about this? A new normal.
What a perfect phrase to prime you to accept a life that’s different from the life we lived up until 2020. If you believe whatever we’re told to do next is the “new normal” after hearing that phrase a thousand times, you’ll be less likely to question whatever that suggested normal might be.

What if?
I’m not suggesting this is some sort of global conspiracy, or that a group of evil-minded people decided to take advantage of the situation we’re in right now to create a different way of living.
It’s possible somebody simply threw a few phrases together, and they took off faster than a contradictory video on YouTube, but with far less pushback. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

I’m only asking the question, “What if?”

What if the phrases we’ve constantly heard have shaped the way we think about our actions, the way we judge others’ actions, and the way we might accept life in the future, if it becomes different from what we’ve experienced in the past?
What if there are motivations behind all of this that aren’t pure? The only way to find out is to ask questions. The weird part in it all is that once people begin asking questions, they’re often met with an onslaught of hate and anger, which makes you wonder even more if there isn’t something behind it all.
What if, by you simply asking, “What if?” you start to feel less concerned about COVID-19, and more about where we’re headed as a country?

Of course, I could be way off base with my questions. If I am, I don’t mind. I’m simply asking questions worth considering. Wisdom comes from asking questions, not from simply following along with whatever we’re told.
We all need to ask more questions rather than accept all answers.

https://tomnikkola.com/prime/

Tom Nikkola   

Tom uses his 20 years of experience, and observation, and education in health and fitness to write, teach, and train men and women to feel, look, and perform better than ever. When he's not working, you'll find him hanging out with his wife Vanessa, or playing golf with their grandson Asher.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Was in Lowes Home Improvement this afternoon and there are 'safe distancing' reminders posted everywhere, plus every twenty minutes a recording is played over the loud speaker announcing how frequent hand-washing is recommended, social distancing is a practice designed to keep us safe and how Lowes is working to do just that as well.

I blurted out in response, 'oh, just shut the hell up'.  Did people look?  I don't know; I didn't look around and I don't care.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
I heard similar recordings in the local grocery store...and the barriers at checkout...the markings on the floor for the distance-impaired...

::cussing::  pathetic.

And Gov No Balz 'half-capacity BS...it's healthcare takeover 3.0 the retail version...

Business - Cannot survive a permanent loss environment of half-capacity

Government - We thrive in waste, fraud and abuse, losing is no biggie for us, taxpayer shakedown baby!  We can do it.

That's their aim, new normal BS...government run everything!  With the added benefit of a suppressed Christian presence.  2A is the perpetual aim in their sights...have to deal with meddlesome patriots at some point, be ready!

I will DIAPOB first!

FYI - https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/05/17/defiance-there-are-more-of-us-than-them/
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:59:54 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
https://twitter.com/LSNCatholic/status/1270113502867460097

Yup, but likely too late anyway...the recruitment and corruption of youth into radical communism, racial politics, immorality and apostasy is endemic...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
An attorney representing Covington Catholic alum Nick Sandmann vowed Monday to take additional legal action against CNN and the Washington Post over alleged breaches of confidentiality.

“There is a time to speak and a time to refrain from speaking,” attorney Lin Wood told the Washington Examiner. “I will not be speaking on this subject today beyond my tweets. But I will be taking actions.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alleging-breaches-of-confidentiality-covington-teens-attorney-vows-further-legal-action-against-cnn-and-washington-post

Beat those gamma's into mush!!!

::asskicking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2020, 12:54:20 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/sacred-heart-of-jesus-statue-destroyed-in-texas-cathedral

Umm...he?  Should be a hit in the general population of the state pen...

::smallestviolin::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2020, 09:37:54 PM »
  Just ignorant lost soul. 
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2022, 12:37:19 PM »

H/T-WZ

::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2022, 11:38:51 PM »
 ::thumbsup::  ::thumbsup::   ::thumbsup::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"