Author Topic: Merry Christmas.  (Read 3040 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Merry Christmas.
« on: December 23, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
  Merry Christmas to all of you. I am leaving for the BIL house in Wilmington and be back on the 26th.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Merry Christmas.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »
I hope everyone's Christmas is as blessed as ours.

40 people in our little house yesterday for the big dinner. Tomorrow is just our kids and grandkids plus the in-laws that live in the yard. Look for me to wake up with aching joints after acting like a monkey for my grandkids. Christmas day we go next door to sister-in-laws.

I'm gonna gain about 10 lb before I go back to work.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »
Merry Christmas!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 07:03:38 AM »
Merry Christmas, all!

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
Merry Christmas!

...& blessings for a safe & prosperous 2019!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:39:07 PM »
Merry Christmas to all.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 12:58:20 AM »
Have a blessed Christmas!
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 11:38:57 AM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »
Bless them all!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 11:23:46 AM »
Indeed!

Also, remember even though it is now after Christmas, use the word a lot, ask people if they had a Merry Christmas?!

And enjoy the bonus effect.   ;)

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »
Flashback Christmas Eve 50 years ago...

https://youtu.be/6WrPY6ICMNc

The famous Earth-rise shot and reading of Genesis.  Probably would not be allowed to read such a thing today.  And I find that appalling.  But it happened and it cannot be taken away.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »
Indeed!

Also, remember even though it is now after Christmas, use the word a lot, ask people if they had a Merry Christmas?!

That’s ANOTHER thing I like about my town: this morning, I got up later than usual (about 7:15/7:30) &, after grabbing my coffee, heard the rumble of the garbage truck (garbage day is Tuesday, but for this & next week, it’s Wednesday).

So I put my coffee down on my desk & raced outside to get the cans & leaf bags out to the curb. I got there just as they were rolling up to our house. I dragged the cans into the street & handed them off, chucking that I almost forgot about the day switch.

Both the men on the ground wished me a “Merry Christmas” and the driver rolled down the window & wished me the same - as did I all of them. The driver, drives a township pick-up around town as well & toots me when he sees me out running, occasionally rolling down the window @ a stop light & chatting.

Great crew in a great town!
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:32:39 PM »

The famous Earth-rise shot and reading of Genesis.  Probably would not be allowed to read such a thing today.  And I find that appalling.  But it happened and it cannot be taken away.

I'd love to see the Russians read from the Bible from space. Watch heads explode and drive home how far the US has fallen.
Q. What is the difference between Russia and the US?
A. You can pray in Russian public schools.

Someone said that the recent movie about the moon  landing left than the US flag. One of the astronauts took communion before he left the lander.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
Indeed!

That’s ANOTHER thing I like about my town: this morning, I got up later than usual (about 7:15/7:30) &, after grabbing my coffee, heard the rumble of the garbage truck (garbage day is Tuesday, but for this & next week, it’s Wednesday).

So I put my coffee down on my desk & raced outside to get the cans & leaf bags out to the curb. I got there just as they were rolling up to our house. I dragged the cans into the street & handed them off, chucking that I almost forgot about the day switch.

Both the men on the ground wished me a “Merry Christmas” and the driver rolled down the window & wished me the same - as did I all of them. The driver, drives a township pick-up around town as well & toots me when he sees me out running, occasionally rolling down the window @ a stop light & chatting.

Raritan unlike Somerville hasn't changed much over the years. Sorta like Manville and not like Flemington. I mean Big John is standing guard ::thumbsup::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 11:33:49 AM »

I'd love to see the Russians read from the Bible from space. Watch heads explode and drive home how far the US has fallen.
Q. What is the difference between Russia and the US?
A. You can pray in Russian public schools.

Someone said that the recent movie about the moon  landing left than the US flag. One of the astronauts took communion before he left the lander.

Yup, Hollywood hates Christ and the flag...sanitize it out of movies and the next crop of morons spewed out of the indoctrination centers will believe the Apollo 8 bible reading and Apollo 11 communion and flag planting never happened.

A funny thing happened after the cold war...Russia kicked out Lenin and Marx and let God back in...American progressives contaminating too many institutions went the other way.

Funny not in "ha ha" way but in a "Dear God I want to puke and strangle somebody" way.

::unknowncomic::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 11:35:49 AM »
Indeed!

Sounds like a rare corner of Jersey.   ::thumbsup::

You must be lucky and not near these hooligans, eh?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 01:11:00 PM by Libertas »