Author Topic: Jeff Conaway (Taxi, Grease)  (Read 1984 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Jeff Conaway (Taxi, Grease)
« on: May 27, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
If you've ever caught a glimpse of Trainwreck TV™ more pathetic than "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew", Idunno what it would be. "Hoarders" - maybe. But CRWDD was a look at celebrities both semi-current and completely washed-up, battling with rock-bottom addiction.

I watched the show here and there for a couple seasons, and there was not a more pathetic and alarmingly far-gone addict on the show than Jeff Conaway. He was one fothermucking messed-up dude. His addiction killed him.

Jeff Conaway, Star of 'Taxi' and 'Grease,' Dies at 60

Jeff Conaway, the troubled actor of "Taxi" and "Grease" fame whose addiction problems were well chronicled for years by reality TV and the media, has died, reports the Los Angeles Times. He was 60.

He was taken off life support Thursday (May 26) and died Friday in Encino, nine days after being put into a medically induced coma.

Conaway's manager Phil Brock said the actor was found unconscious May 11 after an apparent overdose of painkillers. Reports said he might have been in that state for 10 hours before being found. Brock said the actor was suffering from pneumonia and already was sick at the time of the overdose....
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Jeff Conaway (Taxi, Grease)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:41:12 PM »
I hope he's finding the rest in the Arms of the Lord that he couldn't find here.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
Everyone forgets Babylon 5.

RIP

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 10:49:35 PM »
Everyone forgets Babylon 5.

RIP
That's the role I knew him best, B-5

Disturbing indeed. RIP Jeff Conaway
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.