Topics > Politics/Legislation/Elections

Gov. Rick Scott (FL) appoints Andy Pollack to the State Education Board

(1/2) > >>

Libertas:
The father of a student shot and killed during the Parkland school massacre has been appointed to the state Board of Education, Gov. Rick Scott announced Friday evening.

For 52-year-old Andy Pollack, it is all about accountability.

“That word has haunted me since my daughter was murdered,” Pollack, of Coral Springs, said Friday night.

His daughter, Meadow, 18, a senior, was shot nine times during the Valentine’s Day shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Meadow’s body was found in a third-floor hallway. She was lying on top of the body of 14-year-old freshman Cara Loughran, as if protecting her.

Pollack’s term on the board began Friday and ends Dec. 31, 2022. The appointment is subject to confirmation by the Florida Senate.

Ex-student Nikolas Cruz has confessed to killing 17 and wounding another 17 that day.

“What I hope to accomplish is accountability at a local level, to hold school boards accountable and superintendents accountable,” Pollack said.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/407614-gov-scott-appoints-father-of-parkland-victim-to-florida-education-board/

That is a mighty tall order.  I wish him well.

I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child in such a way.  The dangerous farce that signs on buildings and cowards and cowardly acts and depriving others of God-given rights can stop evil when it decides to turn murderous MUST end.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Libertas on January 06, 2019, 01:41:17 PM ---I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child in such a way.

--- End quote ---

I can't imagine losing a child to any method. I came close and that's all I want.

Libertas:
Gotta admire him...he isn't letting up...man on a mission.

https://twitter.com/AndrewPollackFL/status/1171016374157754368

::thumbsup::

Cruz was a evil nut...and the school treated him like he was precious...an honorary jihadist like figure for whom it is not politically-correct to handle with anything but tender loving care...the kind of tender loving care the common students apparently were not entitled to...

On Nov. 4, after two months of gathering “data” for Cruz’s “Functional Behavior Assessment,” teachers were sent his “Positive Behavior Intervention Plan.” The plan included helpful tips, like:

If Nikolas destroys property at a lower level,

Calmly let him know he has not followed one of the expectations. Remind him what he is working for.
Prompt him to use a cool down pass and walk away to diffuse [sic] the situation.
If Nikolas engages in major disruption/property destruction:

Let Nikolas know, “you’re getting too loud. I need for you to get back into control by using a cool down pass or calming down at your desk. If you get back into control, you can stay in class. If you continue, I’ll need for you leave [sic].”
Walk away and do not pay attention to his behavior.
Do not argue with Nikolas or engage with him.
When class is over, Nikolas needs to go to his next class and behavior plan should re-set with able to [sic] earn reward breaks again.

Teachers were required to implement this plan for at least six weeks until Cruz could become eligible for further evaluation. In late November, Cruz attempted to commit suicide at school by running into oncoming traffic. But that did not accelerate the process.

School administrators classified the incident as “minor disruption,” and Cruz remained enrolled at Westglades for another three months. As Yon’s records show, even Cruz couldn’t understand why they kept him there for so long.
Shortly before summer break, Ortiz and Cruz’s therapist Rona Kelly took the extremely unusual step of writing to his private psychiatrist:

“Dear Dr. Negin,

“We are witting [sic] you with his mother’s consent, to inform you of some of the behavioral problems he continues to display at home and school. Nikolas continues to present with extreme mood liability. He is usually very irritable and reactive. In school he displays oppositional and defiant behaviors and has become verbally aggressive in the classroom. He seems to be paranoid and places the blame on others for his behavioral problems. He has a preoccupation with guns and the military and perseverates on this topic inappropriately. At home, he continues to be aggressive and destructive with minimal provocation. For instance, he destroyed his television after loosing [sic] a video game that he was playing. Nikolas has a hatchet that he uses to chop up a dead tree in his backyard. Mom has not been able to locate that hatchet as of lately [sic]. When upset he punches holes in the walls and has used sharp tools to cut up the upholstery on the furniture and carve holes in the walls of the bathroom. Per recent information shared in school he dreams of killing others and [being] covered in blood. He has been assessed for the need of hospitalization in school and by the YES team from Henderson Behavioral Health … We would like you to be aware of the current concerns since you will see him for medication management during the summer and may need to re-assess his respond [sic] to the current medications. In our opinion his response to medications has been limited at best.”
Nikolas Cruz couldn’t possibly have made himself any clearer. Broward schools staff knew exactly who and what he was. Yet they not only allowed him to enroll in Marjory Stoneman Douglas, they literally gave him an air gun, shaped like an AR-15, and let him practice shooting.

This may sound astonishing. But it was all according to policy. The official review of Nikolas Cruz’s educational history registered no objections to anything you just read.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/parkland-dad-massacre-was-avoidable-if-district-hadnt-enabled-deranged-student/

Well, this may sound astonishing, but it reads like demofascist conspirators across the spectrum created this monster and wanted him to go slaying on purpose to help bolster their anti-2A agenda in order to facilitate the statist desire to remove pesky Liberty-minded Constitutionalists as a threat to one-party rule in America.

https://www.amazon.com/Why-Meadow-Died-Policies-Parkland/dp/1642932191/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=why+meadow+died&qid=1564589233&s=gateway&sr=8-1&pix=2_0_0

The Parkland school shooting was the most avoidable mass murder in American history. And the policies that made it inevitable are being forced into public schools across America.

Resistance is mandatory, compliance with statists is treason.

Pandora:
There are days when I just can't stomach anymore of this evil.

IronDioPriest:
The thing that pisses me off about that whole situation is that the Hussein Obama regime educational agenda included telling school districts that they needed to punish minority kids at the same rate as White kids, regardless of who was committing offenses. You get into these districts loaded with minority kids, and the administrators were prohibited (many of them willingly, I’m certain) from suspending or disciplining minority kids, even though they were far and away more disruptive than their White student counterparts.

Leftists wreck everything. We can’t survive as a nation while Leftism is allowed to exist alongside us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version