Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to AlGore's Greenhouse Effect...  (Read 14017 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to AlGore's Greenhouse Effect...
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2019, 09:03:26 AM »
Somehow we’re surviving, even though the oceans are clearly rising and tropical climates are drifting further and further North.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2019, 09:09:11 AM »
In Joisey does such weather put a crimp on the street economy or does everything just go indoors somewhere?

More folks @ malls, I think (not a big one to go myself, but I drive by one most days & the parking lot tells the tale). All the street crack dealers have big barrel fires to warm their hands 🤣.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
And just like that, back up to freezing, on the way to the mid 40s.  The good thing about being south of Minnesota is that you can bounce back into better weather, pretty quickly.  You guys are stuck with this crap until March.

::snoshovel::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Somehow we’re surviving, even though the oceans are clearly rising and tropical climates are drifting further and further North.

Marked safe...   ::hysterical::

Hey...maybe get this on one side of the flag...post it in front of my home?

::laughonfloor::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2019, 09:38:09 AM »
In Joisey does such weather put a crimp on the street economy or does everything just go indoors somewhere?

More folks @ malls, I think (not a big one to go myself, but I drive by one most days & the parking lot tells the tale). All the street crack dealers have big barrel fires to warm their hands 🤣.

Great balls of scat!  And the Cult's Stormtroopers don't stop that grotesque paleo-terroristic carbon-spewing?

Quick!  Call Bill Nye the Eco-Thug Guy!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 09:58:50 AM »
And just like that, back up to freezing, on the way to the mid 40s.  The good thing about being south of Minnesota is that you can bounce back into better weather, pretty quickly.  You guys are stuck with this crap until March.

Iowa sucks because Minnesota blows...no, wait...Minnesota sucks because Iowa blows...well, whatever...

Yeah...well, y'all closer to Nebraska!  Na na na na na!

https://youtu.be/OLYXy-FXDD0

We have a different nemesis...

https://youtu.be/2FDpgp3xcl4

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2019, 09:08:38 AM »
We got 4 inches of snow and it's 27 degrees out. The world has officially come to a screeching halt (at least for the SeattLunatics!)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:47 AM »
Only three days and a foot of snow on the ground was reduced to piles. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »
We got 4 inches of snow and it's 27 degrees out. The world has officially come to a screeching halt (at least for the SeattLunatics!)

Nice 'Soup.  Heh!  Maybe you can exploit some chicken-little's since the end is nigh? 

;D

27F would feel swell right now.  After our dip into the deep freeze and brief warming...we are back to more normal mid-winter temps...though that damned wind yesterday nearly tore the flesh from my hands while pumping gas last evening...that sucked and blowed!  At least the main roads are clear and dry...that is a huge plus when you get it.

I bet your snow out there probably of the wet variety too...we usually get that more in March and April.  Didn't I hear that bogus rodent predicted an early spring for once?  Seriously, people in that town need a new gig...

::)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2019, 07:10:09 AM »
Only three days and a foot of snow on the ground was reduced to piles.

We have more piles, and a nice ice-seal to lock it in.  Kinda funny how I-90 acts like a real barrier sometimes, no matter the season....

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2019, 02:28:47 PM »
Snowing like a  ::cussing::  right now.  Skittered back home to work...legit blizzard coming down.  Winter happens.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »
78 degrees here right now.  Nutty NC weather.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »
Up here we call that summer.   ::hysterical::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2019, 09:11:04 AM »

Nice 'Soup.  Heh!  Maybe you can exploit some chicken-little's since the end is nigh? 

;D

27F would feel swell right now.  After our dip into the deep freeze and brief warming...we are back to more normal mid-winter temps...though that damned wind yesterday nearly tore the flesh from my hands while pumping gas last evening...that sucked and blowed!  At least the main roads are clear and dry...that is a huge plus when you get it.

I bet your snow out there probably of the wet variety too...we usually get that more in March and April.  Didn't I hear that bogus rodent predicted an early spring for once?  Seriously, people in that town need a new gig...

The weather-liars have alerted us to a new front moving in and it's Snomageddon all over again. You can taste the panic in the air as the sheeple scurry about in their preparations for the End Days (since when did they get religion?!). Temps have dipped into the mid-teens and there is still the remnants of the last snowfall lingering about.

At work my boss is calling for volunteers to work the weekend and it was with great pleasure that I told him of my need to rearrange my sock drawers instead. I'm taking today off (burning through my personal time before retirement) and leaving him in the lurch. I might call in "sick" for Monday depending on what transpires.

Let it snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »

;D

The weather-liars have alerted us to a new front moving in and it's Snomageddon all over again. You can taste the panic in the air as the sheeple scurry about in their preparations for the End Days (since when did they get religion?!). Temps have dipped into the mid-teens and there is still the remnants of the last snowfall lingering about.

At work my boss is calling for volunteers to work the weekend and it was with great pleasure that I told him of my need to rearrange my sock drawers instead. I'm taking today off (burning through my personal time before retirement) and leaving him in the lurch. I might call in "sick" for Monday depending on what transpires.

Let it snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow!

Heh.  Tell him OrangeManBad has a weather machine and it is aimed at...him!

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 03:49:06 PM »
Man, is that ponce AlGore in town?  Dumped with over a half-foot last week...now getting it again today and I hear Tuesday too.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 04:25:50 PM »
Good thing you got mitt-mitts, huh?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »

;D

Let it snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow!

Friday's storm hit with a vengeance. The dumpage varied from 3" to 12". I woke up to ~8" and temps in the teens again. I spent Saturday clearing the snow from the roof on my greenhouse (lost one 2x4' section of roof), my patio, and two rubber-rooms. Tonight they're promising 4-6" and a redux on Tuesday.

Make it stop.
Make it stop.
Make it stop!

LoL

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 06:02:02 PM »
Good thing you got mitt-mitts, huh?

Eh, is that what I forgot?   ::facepalm::   ;D

Seriously, even other Minnesotan's must look at me like I'm n-v-t-s nvts!  OK, not real natives...those bloody imports!  I cruise down the road even in winter, even sub-zero...with the sun-roof cracked to vent stogie smoke...damn thing has a heater dontchyaknow?!   :D

PS- Old-timie cars...miss them little triangular front side doohickies you could crack.   ;)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »

;D

Let it snow,
Let it snow,
Let it snow!

Friday's storm hit with a vengeance. The dumpage varied from 3" to 12". I woke up to ~8" and temps in the teens again. I spent Saturday clearing the snow from the roof on my greenhouse (lost one 2x4' section of roof), my patio, and two rubber-rooms. Tonight they're promising 4-6" and a redux on Tuesday.

Make it stop.
Make it stop.
Make it stop!

LoL

Yeah, I heard y'all out there got dumped on...that wet heavy pacific stuff no doubt.  We usually get that March & April...call them branch busters (not play nice with powerlines...seriously, people in MN need generators...winter storms, spring storms, summer storms...hello?!) or we call 'em widow-makers...not so common now with snow-blowers and plows...used to see a spike in heart-attacks in heavy wet snows.

Hope it slacks off enough for ya to do repairs!