Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to AlGore's Greenhouse Effect...  (Read 14009 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to AlGore's Greenhouse Effect...
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2019, 09:03:28 PM »
Good thing you got mitt-mitts, huh?

Eh, is that what I forgot?   ::facepalm::   ;D

Seriously, even other Minnesotan's must look at me like I'm n-v-t-s nvts!  OK, not real natives...those bloody imports!  I cruise down the road even in winter, even sub-zero...with the sun-roof cracked to vent stogie smoke...damn thing has a heater dontchyaknow?!   :D

PS- Old-timie cars...miss them little triangular front side doohickies you could crack.   ;)

Wing-windows, they were called.  Looked like little wings stickin' out on the sides.  And don't forget the pull-vents at floor level on the sides under the dashboard.   ;D
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2019, 09:24:12 PM »

Seriously, even other Minnesotan's must look at me like I'm n-v-t-s nvts!  OK, not real natives...those bloody imports!  I cruise down the road even in winter, even sub-zero...with the sun-roof cracked to vent stogie smoke...damn thing has a heater dontchyaknow?!   :D

PS- Old-timie cars...miss them little triangular front side doohickies you could crack.   ;)

Wing-windows, they were called.  Looked like little wings stickin' out on the sides.  And don't forget the pull-vents at floor level on the sides under the dashboard.   ;D

AKA smokers windows.  The good old days.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2019, 06:29:31 AM »

AKA smokers windows.  The good old days.

Oh yeah, remember those vents.  Back then you pushed buttons and felt them, opened vents and heard them open...half the time now you push a button and if not a visible action you look for a light that says yeah what you did worked.  Just not the same...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2019, 06:37:24 AM »
Well, golly...whataya know?  More snow today.   ::snoshovel::

That all ya got?!   ::stirpot::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2019, 09:22:23 AM »
Oh, goodie, guess what it's doing outside today?!

Yes, more  ::cussing::  ::snoshovel::

I thought I heard one tv weather geek say we only needed a few inches to get a new (modern) record for snowiest February ever and we are supposed to get 6-8"...and at the rate it is coming down that looks about right. 

In even worse news...(yes, in Minnestupid there is always worse, progs make it so!) our newest lame-ass demonazi Governor "No Balls" Walz is wanting a $0.20 bump in the gas tax (would vault us to 4th highest state) supposedly to pay for bridges, roads...all that sh*t the previous moron Gov "Pills" Dayton passed on doing with a $1B supposed "fund" for that purpose so we can blow more on non-producing citizens and illegals and special proglodyte interests.  This state is just a constant double-kick to the crotch!   Good thing I self-identify as a non-resident Wisconsin citizen held hostage in Minnesota, or I might feel worse.

::unknowncomic::

ETA - Caught local weather over lunch...record "unofficially" broken, official NWS stats later tonight.  They flash up these snowiest months, days, years...I've lived through a heap of 'em...it's just these latter ones seem to drag more...oh, and more idiots on the roads, roads that haven't been widened for more lanes or choke points by-passed...and out of state/country imbeciles...just makes normal issues worse.  Progs, they ruin everything!  Even winter!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:48:53 AM by Libertas »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2019, 07:50:27 PM »

Just to make you feel better, once again we didn't have snow down here. ::exitstageleft::

However, my yard hasn't been dry since October. ::bashing::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2019, 06:34:40 AM »

Just to make you feel better, once again we didn't have snow down here. ::exitstageleft::

However, my yard hasn't been dry since October. ::bashing::

Yeah, the sportsman's paradise tends to be on the juicy side just as a default I reckon.  You get snow down there...it ain't gonna be good news for me...it'll mean the geographic north pole changed location to my backyard!

::ohno::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2019, 06:57:48 AM »
Cedar Rapids is almost 50" over the last 7 weeks.  It looks like Minnesota out there, with roads looking like tunnels, the snow on each side is getting so high.  We basically had no snow, going into January.  My deck (in forever shade) is waist high.  5th snowiest winter in history, thanks to just these few weeks.  And the -30 was an all time record.  Lucky me.

You probably have to go back to 1979 to find this combination of heavy snow, record cold, then the 1930s before that.  Every 40 years it seems.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2019, 07:28:59 AM »
Rained here in NC ... with thunder and lightening.  Old tale says thunder in winter means snow within ten days.   ::confused::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2019, 08:17:11 AM »
Old tales usually based upon past events repeating a pattern, cannot be dismissed out of hand...

Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning...red sky at night, sailor's delight.   ;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »
Man...I'm tired of winter...the sub-zero crap while a pain I can handle, the piles of snow is another thing...I am seriously worrying about roof damage and the HOA isn't as on top of snow-raking roofs as they should be...and the curtain of icicles some as big as my arm...but then I read stuff like this and realize yeah, it could be worse...

https://www.al.com/news/2019/03/alabama-tornado-photos-video-of-deadly-storm.html

They got hammered.  Prayers for the families who lost loved ones and homes.   ::praying::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 03:54:07 PM »
  Sad to read this.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2019, 06:23:19 AM »
Looks like we're finally coming out of the deep freeze, later this week.  30's by the weekend, 40s next week.  That will melt the snow, fast.  I can only remember one other winter (when in Iowa) that the winter snow pack made it into March.  1979.  I know it's common in Minnesota, but not central Iowa, to have that snowpack last so long.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2019, 06:50:46 AM »
It won't be warm enough in MN to melt much, supposed to get more snow this weekend too...and March is typically a snowy month...

And at the lake there is simply no where to put the water that has all but swallowed everything...

::bashing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »
Duluth and areas north got slapped in the face one last time...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/photos-may-storm-brings-heavy-snow-slippery-travel-to-minnesota/70008224

...making a big deal about it...so it broke a modern era record...whuppty-doo!

AlGore happens...

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »
85 in Seattle yesterday. 40+ degree shift from last week. Mama Gaia must be getting pissed that stupid arrogant humans are taking credit for all her actions!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
Just when I think this drop-out loser silver-spoon douchenozzle is dead...he crawls out of his crypt and dispels my rumor...

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13309

Harvard...

::)

One of this poor bastard's crypts...

Here's hoping the seas do rise...just for him!

::praying::   ::beertoast::