Author Topic: Pretty thin last line  (Read 1848 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Pretty thin last line
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:34:50 AM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-29/real-resistance-washington-state-sheriffs-refuse-enforce-unconstitutional-gun-laws

Good and bad...pretty much follows if your county is red, blue or purple...so is your Sheriff.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Pretty thin last line
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:23:02 PM »
If people are putting hope on that to protect them,  prepare to be disappointed...   Sorry folks.

When push come to shove,  most will side with big gov.

The ones that come down on the side of people rights, will be few and far between.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:36:37 PM »
If people are putting hope on that to protect them,  prepare to be disappointed...   Sorry folks.

The ones that come down on the side of people rights, will be few and far between.

Till the brown stuff hits the rotating blades...then they'll only be protecting their own...calls for help by rich or poor will go unanswered...subjective application of law and rights will cease...the Hobbesian world reverting to baseline.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 10:47:46 PM »
Baseline. That is when the weak become prey and the strong survive, correct?

What is weaker than freaking out because someone used the wrong pronoun?
We can probably kill half of these people simply by holding a gun, and the other half by telling them we don't believe in AGW will kill us all.
The general populace might back Big Government,  but Big Government has to be backed up by people willing to get shot for that cause.
Where are they going to find them when every house takes one or two of their ranks??
And how will they stop retaliation against their own families?

That Thin line is a razors edge and WE are the sharp bit.  The Sheriff knows that . His Deputies know that.
They might be holding the line in part, because they think the law is wrong, but if they fail to hold it they know that they and their families will be killed, and that provides some incentives well. Your job and pension are no good if you are dead.  They might verbally side with Big Government, talk big, but you can bet they will avoid actually trying to enforce unconstitutional laws as long as they can get away with it.

Boulder still has yet to arrest the man who is openly and publicly defying them, and that city  is as big government as they come. Its Berkley of the Colorado Foothills. Watch Jon Caldera and see if that canary goes down.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:30:50 AM »
I'd say you have a solid bead on things.  Jon is a solid Libertarian, I had to chuckle when I perused the Independence Institute webpage and one of the rants was "fix our damn roads"...yeah, right there with ya...our dumbass leftist governors, first Mark "Pills" Dayton...now Tim "Tax!" Walz will do nothing about our roads, decades of dedicated taxes squandered not on their intended purpose!  OK side rant off.  BOT.  Jon and the Boulder rifle Club are taking the only actions they can at this point if one is an individual who holds our God-given rights above any arbitrary edict of lesser beings.  Nobody professing a love of Liberty should comply with these bans!  We are over a month past their deadline and the canary still lives.  Given the massive corruption in our institutions I don't know if I give their court case much of a chance...so many treasonous rights-defying statist thugs to wade through at every level.  There is only defiance and DIAPOB if it comes to it.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »
  Given the massive corruption in our institutions I don't know if I give their court case much of a chance...so many treasonous rights-defying statist thugs to wade through at every level.  There is only defiance and DIAPOB if it comes to it.

Well, they would have to arrest him for there to be a court case. He already started a go fund me in anticipation.  So that says to me he isn't going to shoot it out if/when they do come.  Or maybe he will and its a ruse.  He also publicly asked the police to arrest him when his family was not home...

But the Boulder Tyrants will have to decide how much of  media circus sh*t how they want to engage in.  Really , them trying to do something is great.. another media story to demonstrate what sort of people Leftist really are. They are cockroaches that have become emboldened and no longer seek to hide from the light... just need everyone to see what they are, and then we step on them

Till then, keep calm and keep the powder dry. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 12:26:44 PM »
  Given the massive corruption in our institutions I don't know if I give their court case much of a chance...so many treasonous rights-defying statist thugs to wade through at every level.  There is only defiance and DIAPOB if it comes to it.

Well, they would have to arrest him for there to be a court case. He already started a go fund me in anticipation.  So that says to me he isn't going to shoot it out if/when they do come.  Or maybe he will and its a ruse.  He also publicly asked the police to arrest him when his family was not home...

But the Boulder Tyrants will have to decide how much of  media circus sh*t how they want to engage in.  Really , them trying to do something is great.. another media story to demonstrate what sort of people Leftist really are. They are cockroaches that have become emboldened and no longer seek to hide from the light... just need everyone to see what they are, and then we step on them

Till then, keep calm and keep the powder dry.

Yeah, if I was to go DIAPOB I would want my family elsewhere too...and not tell the thugs coming in all Obama/Clinton-style I was prepared to make them pay dearly for their treason.  But yeah, so far I think they are a little spooked to do anything...and it would have to be the city PoPo doing the dirty deed, yes?  If I were Sheriff I would tell Boulder that's a damn city issue and have nothing to do with it...unless I was a leftard Sheriff who may want to ride along for the live-fire fascist training in home invasion and execution.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 06:53:05 PM »
and it would have to be the city PoPo doing the dirty deed, yes? 

Yep its a city ordinance.  County Sheriff need not be involved. But given the county spent 5 Million on sueing 6 families for "building an illegal road"  when in fact they were doing maintenance on an existing a mining road  that existed on maps since 1880 or so and that  county was supposed to maintain but wasn't.
So the 6 familes up that road pooled money and fixed it.  And then got to spend 5 years in court

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 09:00:59 PM »

It's interesting to see the dust-up that is developing. County sheriffs tend to reflect the politics of their jurisdiction and Washington state is no different in that regard. The more urban counties have sheriffs who are more leftist in their politics and thus, their methods.

The rank and file of sheriffs and deputies across Washington state are rejecting this abomination of a law. But the sheriffs of our three largest counties are either enthusiastic about it or are taking a "I don't like it but I'll enforce it" stance.

The president of the sheriff's association holds the second opinion. He's trying to dance between the raindrops without getting wet - and failing miserably. He's getting chewed on for being such a cuck. And I'm loving it! I can't wait to see what happens next.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 07:02:52 AM »
I would like to see all the statist chickens coming home to roost at the same time.

PS - Will have to check these out, especially the first...which IIRC we've discussed in part in the past...

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/02/a-4gw-reading-list/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:36:47 AM by Libertas »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 08:45:29 AM »
Sheriffs threatened for not supporting gun measure

EPHRATA — It seems ironic coming from gun control advocates.

But law enforcement agencies across Washington state are looking into threats to kill county sheriffs who have said they will not enforce last year’s gun control measure, I-1639, which was approved by state voters with a little more than 59 percent of the vote.

According to the Spokane County Sheriff’s Office, around 1 p.m. Monday the department was told about threats made online specifically against Spokane County Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich.

“(S)heriffs that are non compliant will be shot. (B)y me,” said the online threats, apparently posted on a Facebook page. “Ozzie Knezovich is gonna get a bullet in his skull.”

Sheriffs and police chiefs from counties across less densely populated eastern Washington, including Grant County Sheriff Tom Jones, have said they will not enforce the new measure until its constitutionality has been determined by the courts.

More here: https://columbiabasinherald.com/local_news/20190206/sheriffs_threatened_for_not_supporting_gun_measure

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »
Being threatened with execution by gun-grabbing goons...and some LEO's have a hard time understanding who the real enemies really are?

::gaah::