Author Topic: So much for Hawaii Five-O  (Read 5363 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
So much for Hawaii Five-O
« on: February 04, 2019, 06:24:43 AM »
They went full SWJ this week.  They seemed to be the one show that's resisted politics, pretty much, even being pro military, but wow, completely into the toilet, Friday, with anti-Christian and "OMG Nazis are going to get us!" all rolled up into one show.  My wife isn't even political and she looked and me and declared the show awful.  And we're not the only ones.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9630852/?ref_=ttep_ep14

They usually get 7.0 to 8.5.  A 4.9, and they're getting roasted in the reviews.

/sigh

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: So much for Hawaii Five-O
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:10:48 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, it had already gone SJW with a Latino Magnum and a female Higgins, so I'm not surprised the story-lines followed.  We watched part of the first episode and then clicked away.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
They just can't help their miserable selves.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 12:56:51 PM »
I tried watching  Designated Survivor. I only made to 2 episodes.
After the attack which wiped out almost all of the cabinet, congress, SCOTUS, president, VP, etc....
2 white racist cops stop Kumar/Kal Penn because he has brown skin
Neighbors give him a mean look
A white racist MI governor rounds up Muslims just because
White racist MI cops are mean to some 17 year old muslim teenager so the US president gets personally involved. 

Who writes this crap? Maggie Q looked like she played a good role but .... She was in Deception with Hugh Jackman, one of my favorites.

As for good TV recommendations. I loved The Americans on Amazon Prime.  Recently, the one season Homecoming was real good, but you have to pay close attention. I watched the series twice because I missed little parts.  The Good Wife on Amazon Prime was really good. Not liberal IMO. They had 3 episodes dealing with FISA courts and US govt spying that were almost funny. Michael J Fox played a slimmy lawyer.

When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, it had already gone SJW with a Latino Magnum and a female Higgins, so I'm not surprised the story-lines followed.  We watched part of the first episode and then clicked away.
[/quote

Different show bro( or brudda in the lingo) Oh my Marine Corps days in Kialua in 64 ::devil::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 06:55:25 PM »

Different show bro( or brudda in the lingo) Oh my Marine Corps days in Kialua in 64 ::devil::

D'oh!

Ya know, so many of the shows feature that same SJW crap, it's easy to get mixed up.  (That's my story an' I'm stickin' tuit.)

Never really watched 'Five-O'.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 08:54:36 PM »
Sounds like they need a nice Hawaiian Punch . . .

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 06:44:45 AM »
I was really confused because they really did have a Latino replacement for Grace Park.  There must be a different, but similar show.

When they killed off McGarret's Seal Team leader, you knew the end was near.

Me and the wife both like Californication.  Duchovney's character is an open libertarian.  He hates anything political.  It's very R rated but the banter makes me laugh out loud, something I don't do very often, anymore.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 07:22:44 AM »
I try to avoid most TV dreck...it is almost universally just one leftist self-gratification episode after another...so...not surprised...and really I don't care they can keep doubling-down with the hatred and see how all that works out for them in the end...

::smallestviolin::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »
I try to avoid most TV dreck...it is almost universally just one leftist self-gratification episode after another...

Sums it up pretty well.

My wife watches quite a few cooking shows. Even though she never cooks anything from them.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:01:48 PM »
I try to avoid most TV dreck...it is almost universally just one leftist self-gratification episode after another...

Sums it up pretty well.

My wife watches quite a few cooking shows. Even though she never cooks anything from them.

Heh.  Sometimes I'll watch a travel show...even though I never go anywhere.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 01:19:38 AM »
AHA!!!  Soooo, I'm not the only one ..........

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/is-cbss-renewal-of-the-unwatchable-magnum-p-i-reboot-a-sign-of-the-end-for-broadcast-tv-drama/

Ya see that?  "Unwatchable"!  I iz vindicated.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 11:22:29 AM »
AHA!!!  Soooo, I'm not the only one ..........

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/is-cbss-renewal-of-the-unwatchable-magnum-p-i-reboot-a-sign-of-the-end-for-broadcast-tv-drama/

Ya see that?  "Unwatchable"!  I iz vindicated.

Stuff like this was never intended to be watchable...it's just more and more progreSSive drivel...when even the saps who suck daily at the teat of their ideology begin to lose interest and their numbers tank...their answer is always more of the same BS.  It really won't fade away until people hired for it realize what a dead-end it is for their career and the show can no longer get anybody to be on it.  And then like locusts they merely go to another host with the same agenda and it is destroyed.  Rinse/Repeat until nothing exists.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2019, 02:04:28 PM »

I used to like Law and Order. IMO it was not SJW back when. Anytime they had a SJW plot the real killer turned out to be someone else.

I recently watched a Law and order SVU episode. It sucked. The writing was worse and they added all sorts of bigger, badder, more cops scenes with more action.

The Law and Order Criminal Intent guy was in a movie, Happy Accidents. Even crazier than in the show. I liked it but it was an outlier. Weird. Best if watched to the very end.

The only TV shows I ever really liked were Rockford Files and Wiseguy, long ago. In recent years I loved The Americans and The Good Wife (TV series). The Good Wife had some old Law and Order actors on occasion. Justified, Breaking Bad comes to time mind as good. Amazon Prime has some good shows.

My fav part of Hawaii 50 was the music.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
The long awaited (25+ years) 3rd season of Twin Peaks didn't disappoint me.  Except the Log Lady dying in real life, and it was written into the show.  Emphasis still on characters and weirdness in general, and zero politics.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 07:53:25 AM »
Justified started out good, then seemed to lose itself...and me.

Twin Peaks was twisted but the quirky characters were a treat...it was so much better than the boilerplate sit-coms and cop & doc dramas.

It's why I am looking forward to GOT starting up again...decent entertainment is so rare in these latter days...