Author Topic: Italian Carnivale ....  (Read 4632 times)

Offline Solo

• Newb
Re: Italian Carnivale ....
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 08:23:13 AM »
  Solo on the sword it says "DAZI VOSTRI"  the play on words is Cazzi Vostri  The straight translation is your dicks to the natives it means eff you. Besides the guy that made the statue said so in his interview. 

How do I know this you may ask the answer is I was born in Sicily so I'm fluent.

Ah...a native Italian...and Sicilian, no less!

Well...as I've mentioned up thread, yours is a beautiful country.  I very much enjoyed my travels there and the people.  It's very different from America but I found most of those differences intriguing.  I loved speaking the language, what little of it I could speak.

I wish I had stayed with learning the language.  I know a little French..a little Italian..and between that and the English that many Italians speak, I could make my way around.

Once I learned that I would be traveling there, I bought an Italian language course.  The most helpful aspect of that course was a booklet which contained common phrases which might be useful to travelers.  Between that and what I picked up while there, I got around O.K.

I'd love to go back one day.  The history and the culture there is just amazing!

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 01:01:13 PM »
I only made it to Naples...on the Navy plan...also Cannes, and hit the French Alps, Monte Carlo and Nice...that was fun.

A Med cruise?  Shuttling Jarheads around the Med so they could play "hit the beach" at various and sundry places?

I remember hearing that name at Lejeune. Med cruise. I was lucky and I mean that, got the So China Sea cruise instead. Would never trade it. ::machinegun::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 02:29:38 PM »
I only made it to Naples...on the Navy plan...also Cannes, and hit the French Alps, Monte Carlo and Nice...that was fun.

A Med cruise?  Shuttling Jarheads around the Med so they could play "hit the beach" at various and sundry places?

I remember hearing that name at Lejeune. Med cruise. I was lucky and I mean that, got the So China Sea cruise instead. Would never trade it. ::machinegun::

Yup, left-coast made WestPac's...I liked Asia...good food too, lots of seafood.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.