Topics > Economy

Why Are We Seeing So Many Bare Shelves at Grocery Stores Across the Country?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ToddF:
The only thing I've seen shelves empty of is rock salt. 

::snoshovel::

A persistent layer of ice on my driveway.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: ToddF on February 14, 2019, 06:16:15 AM ---The only thing I've seen shelves empty of is rock salt. 

--- End quote ---

I thought ahead on that...got one full bucket and about a 1/4 left of the first.

Now, the massive icicles that have joined two levels of roof got me nervous...they break off the wrong direction I could lose some window panes...and too dangerous to get at safely...

Pablo de Fleurs:
Not a lot f empty shelves in NJ (Wegmans sometimes runs out of their private brand of Bran cereal 😲). And I have 3/4’s of a bag of Chemical melt (porch & walkway) as well as rock salt (for the driveway).

Blueberries (love ‘em in cereal) have been plentiful & a decent price.

I did noctice that the Victoria Secrets store in the mall’s shelves were, uhm . . . bare. 😜

John Florida:

--- Quote from: Libertas on February 14, 2019, 11:14:54 AM ---
--- Quote from: ToddF on February 14, 2019, 06:16:15 AM ---The only thing I've seen shelves empty of is rock salt. 

--- End quote ---

I thought ahead on that...got one full bucket and about a 1/4 left of the first.

Now, the massive icicles that have joined two levels of roof got me nervous...they break off the wrong direction I could lose some window panes...and too dangerous to get at safely...

--- End quote ---

You can't reach them from the windows you're worried about?

Libertas:

--- Quote from: John Florida on February 14, 2019, 02:30:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on February 14, 2019, 11:14:54 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You can't reach them from the windows you're worried about?

--- End quote ---

Maybe.  Too steep & slippery to go out on...but if I open the window, pop the screen out...I might be able to reach some with my hockey stick...

Then again, I make a mistake it's on me...maybe if nature insurance would pay...

Still cold so I got time to monitor...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version