Author Topic: Heather Nauert pulls out of UN Ambassador nomination  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Heather Nauert pulls out of UN Ambassador nomination
« on: February 17, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »
https://www.weaselzippers.us/411253-heather-nauert-president-trumps-choice-for-un-ambassador-job-withdraws-in-surprise-move/

Frankly, I see this as unfortunate.  The problem with most large departments, especially Foggy Bottom, is the incestuous practice of tabbing only careerists in diplomacy and politics.  The Founders didn't have much of a fear of this as early America was more of a true meritocracy and latter-day statists have turned it into a aristocracy.  The Founders would recoil in horror at this.  But they would recoil at much now and wonder if all that blood and sacrifice was squandered, well no, they would recognize clearly it was squandered.

And this UN posting is, and let us be perfectly honest about it, like all ambassadorships largely a political choice and none make decisions without the direction and consent of the President so really there should be NO rule limiting who can serve at the President's request beyond a Constitutional requirement, and the primates in the Senate should have nothing trivial get in the way of their mere consent!

It is unfortunate Heather and her family had to be meat for the statist mills to grind on, to that end I would like to relieve her of her misery and advance myself in her place...I would like nothing better than to make those statist/careerist heads implode and be a smiling snarking unabashed advocate for President Trump before those preening ponces at the UN!!!

::evilbat::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Heather Nauert pulls out of UN Ambassador nomination
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:11:49 AM »
President Trump has nominated current U.S. Ambassador to Canada, Kelly Knight Craft, to be the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations replacing Nikki Haley.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/02/22/president-trump-nominates-ambassador-kelly-knight-craft-as-u-n-ambassador/

Damn, I was so close!

;D

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »
  I don't know enough about either woman to give an opinion as to either of them being tough enough to handle those asswipes.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online paulh

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 12:53:34 PM »
Janet Reno could handle it, one tough broad(?) but anyone who's first name is Heather is automatically disqualified. Besides she was an MSM babe.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 11:23:46 AM »
Janet Reno could handle it, one tough broad(?) fugly fascist dyke but anyone who's first name is Heather is automatically disqualified. Besides she was an MSM babe, and only rabid leftist anythings need apply.

FIFY!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:47 PM »
  This explains a lot.

Nikki Haley tapped to join Boeing board of directors

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley

has been tapped to join Boeing's board of directors, the company announced Tuesday.

Boeing Chairman and CEO Dennis Muilenburg welcomed Haley's nomination, lauding her "outstanding record of achievement in government, industry partnership, and successfully driving economic prosperity for communities in America and around the world."

Haley, who served as ambassador to the U.N. under President Trump
from January 2017 until December, said it was an honor to represent the largest aerospace company in the world.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/431562-nikki-haley-nominated-to-boeing-board-of-directors
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 07:10:26 AM »
outstanding record of achievement in government, industry partnership

Otherwise known as the swamp.  I'm not impressed.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 08:08:04 AM »
To be fair board positions are perhaps the most incestuous of inventions of modern times, people selected not so much for their industry knowledge or technical expertise or as a reward for loyal senior executives...they've become more political and people chosen more for their contacts, their color and their gender.  Left, Right and Middle all partake and some outfits more notorious and nefarious than others, some more crony-dependent on extorted taxpayers via corrupt politicians than others, some more openly hostile to American Exceptionalism and Judeo-Christian Heritage and Founding Principles than others.  It is typical human behavior to aggregate with your own like-kind and that cannot be eliminated entirely...it's the proverbial bad apples getting away with murder that is so irksome and sullies the rest.  All part of the larger battle being waged.