Author Topic: Pat Caddell, 68  (Read 2774 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Pat Caddell, 68
« on: February 18, 2019, 04:25:30 AM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online paulh

• Established Member
Re: Pat Caddell, 68
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 06:01:36 AM »
Yes he was, always enjoyed his weekly interview on Breitbart

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 07:27:03 AM »
A typical victim of the leftward lurch that overwhelmed the democrats, a lurch that eradicated conservative "Blue Dog" democrats and kicked old-school fair-play liberals to the weeds.   It is no mistake that his disaffection with that party began in the 1980's, that is when the transition from the old liberals to the new rabid extreme progressive ideologues began...largely for demographic reasons, the die-back of the old and the numerical advantage of the spoiled selfish hipsters who codified by any means necessary as the new guide star of their agenda and left civility, decency and honesty to die in a ditch.  One may disagree with an old-school liberal but at least they were honest and at least they kept the dirty pool isolated to a few radicals...all that started getting chucked out the window.

And yes, the second link is far better!

He was right so often because he could see things clearly, he had no filters altering his vision, he saw to the essence of things not the shiny crap people let themselves be distracted by.  He nailed 2016 because he understood the resentment of both parties.  The quotes in the second link are a "best of Pat" compendium!

Following the 2016 election, the longtime Democrat declared that his party was “hollowed out” and unable “to reach out beyond identity politics.” They “keep falling back on the same mantras,” he said.

Caddell lamented that “What’s missing is a positive vision of restoring my party to what it once was, truly the party of the common man, as opposed to a party of bi-coastal elites” that relies on “divisive identity politics to win.”

Trump, on the other hand, tapped into the sense of “insurgency” that many voters felt.

In March 2016, Caddell told Breitbart News, “You’ve got 70-some percent of the American people who believe flat out that both political parties have failed economically and that we need a different approach. We have had this pantomime – this kabuki theater of politics for too long, and now people are worried.”

He predicted that the American public was at a “tipping point” where they wanted to “overthrow their leadership through the democratic process.” The election outcome proved him correct.

He would later declare that “Make America Great Again was the greatest slogan of my lifetime.”
“Political leaders are more interested in protecting their power and privilege than doing what is right for the American people, 81 percent of Americans agree,” Caddell charged.
He also accurately predicted the troubles the Trump administration would face in the first two years of Trump’s presidency if then-Speaker Paul Ryan and his GOP establishment cronies were given control over the president’s policy agenda. Paul Ryan, Caddell said, represents “the Chamber of Commerce Republican Establishment party” whose ideas were “slaughtered in 2016.”
The recent fight with Democrats over funding for Trump’s border wall has proven Caddell’s warning to be all too true. As Trump acknowledged in his remarks on Friday announcing his emergency declaration to build the border wall, “I was a little new to the job, little new to the profession, and we had a little disappointment for the first year-and-a-half. People that should have stepped up didn’t step up. They didn’t step up and they should have.”

“Trump is surrounded by leadership in his own party and in his own White House who are constantly stabbing him in the back and his agenda,” Caddell told Breitbart News after the 2018 midterms. “The Republican Party is essentially wusses. They will not fight. They don’t believe in fighting. They just lay down roll over, and usually for their donor class, who are basically antithetical to 90 percent of Republicans and what they want.”
He was also an unflinching critic of media bias, calling out CNN and even his former network Fox News for bias and botched reporting.

Right after the election, in November 2016, Caddell criticized the media’s “outrageous” attacks on Trump voters, singling out CNN in particular for labeling “everybody a racist” for supporting Trump. “What they have not admitted is their complicity in Hillary Clinton’s campaign or their unbelievable bias, and worse, their smearing of people,” Caddell said, pointing out that CNN contributor Donna Brazile had provided questions to Hillary Clinton before a scheduled Democratic primary debate on the cable news network.

“They need to start a new, clean effort to inform the American people, not to dictate to them. This is the loss of journalism,” he said, but unfortunately this advice was not heeded.
Over the years, Caddell reserved his greatest praise for ordinary Americans and his greatest opprobrium for the elites who seek “to manage the nation’s decline.”

He liked to remind people that America “will not go gently into that good night of decline.” He saw the 2016 election as a testament to the American people’s affirmation of exceptionalism and their desire to reclaim greatness.

In a Breitbart radio interview in 2017, Caddell explained that politics today is not about being on the right or the left; it’s about the fight for the future of America.

“This country is exceptional,” he said. “We dream and do the impossible, and we have survived. And it would be an abomination before God for this country to go into the dark night. The whole world would suffer.”

We lost a voice of honesty and reason...at a time when such losses hurt the most.

R.I.P. Pat.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »
  What a damned shame I enjoyed his interviews and opinions.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie