Author Topic: Slave Mentality  (Read 661 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Slave Mentality
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N5707pxi2E

How did I earn this taxcut?

And so convoluted..

He says if he reinvests in his business , his effective tax rate would go up because that money would be deducted from the money he owes taxes on in the first place.  So he is denied the "savings"  of a lower effective tax rate if re re-invests in his own business and so the government is telling him NOT to grow his business with the money.

Maybe the idea is that reinvestment isn't profit, its a business expense so it can't be taxed?  Yeah, and  why try to grow the business? Why try to employ more people and provide more value to the world and in that manner earn more money next year and have the business earn $150K instead of 100K? In theory there is a return on the money you reinvest independent of the effective tax rate. Its called delayed gratification..  I take this money  and do not use it to consume - but to build, in hopes that what I build will provide a return greater than what I invested IN THE FUTURE.

Okay then pal.. if you don't think what you are doing can be made better or provide more value if you put more money into it?  Why not give your employees a raise or a bonus  with the money - A lot of other employers in the United States did exactly that. Don't you care about your employees?

But say you are greedy and keep your "undeserved" extra profit from your lower tax rate..  Are you going to put it into a mattress?  If you put it in a bank, its loaned out to others and you earn a paltry return on it.  If you spend it then you help other businesses grow and earn income ( which is also taxed)

This is why Trump's economy is growing at 4% and Obama's grew at 2% .. so you have hard empirical data right in front of your face as to why that happened.
Hauser's laws shows  tax rates have almost no effect on tax revenue  - always between 18-22%  - So the government collects 1/5 of the GDP pie regradless of tax rate.  Do you want 1/5 of a pie that gets 2%  bigger every year or one that gets 4% bigger?

Why is math so hard for a leftist?

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:40:18 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
Re: Slave Mentality
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »
Idiot seems to think the money belongs to the government so they must earn it back. Idiot doen't seem to realize that it was his money to begin with, and he's just getting some of it back.  Perspective, eh.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Slave Mentality
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:43:18 AM »
Idiot seems to think the money belongs to the government so they must earn it back. Idiot doen't seem to realize that it was his money to begin with, and he's just getting some of it back.  Perspective, eh.

Yes, and it gets to the essential point of Weisshapt's last question "Why is math so hard for a leftist?"

Math skill is black and white, there is a right answer and a wrong one...despite what Common Core Commissar's might say!  And math being a cognitive function explains the impairment leftists have with other higher-function skills...like knowing reality from fantasy.

I say screw this guy...and anybody working for this moron should look elsewhere for work while they can under their own time-table.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.