Author Topic: Unfortunate episode at one of my favorite wild animal parks  (Read 903 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Unfortunate episode at one of my favorite wild animal parks
« on: March 10, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/southwest-valley-breaking/2019/03/09/woman-reportedly-attacked-jaguar-zoo-litchfield-park-arizona/3120439002/

A jaguar attacked a woman who reportedly crossed over a barrier while trying to take a photo Saturday at a West Valley wildlife park, according to fire officials.

Rural Metro Fire crews responded to "a report of a lady attacked by a jaguar" about 6:40 p.m. at the Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park near Northern Avenue and Loop 303 in Litchfield Park, said Shawn Gilleland, a spokesman for Rural Metro Fire.

Crews found a woman at the zoo with lacerations to her arm, and she was taken to a hospital, Gilleland said.

Zoo officials released a statement Saturday about the incident.

"We regret to inform that this evening, before closing there was an incident reported involving a guest, who crossed over the barrier to get a photo, according to eye witnesses,"  according to the email statement from Kristy Morcom, a spokeswoman for the Wildlife World Zoo.

"The visitor sustained non life threatening injuries to their hand from one of our female jaguars. At the request of the family, paramedics were called. At no time was the animal out of its enclosure," the statement continued.

I love this park and have been there several times in the 90's & 00's.  At night the Peacocks would escape but stay by the road not far from the park...in the morning they would enter with the visitors as they knew they would be fed.  They have feeding stations all over you plop money in and get feed to hand to the birds and critters.  A highlight for my nephews was the Giraffe platform and feeding them...long slimy tongues questing for food, hilarious watching the kids react.

Love the big cats, Jag had an island enclosure, they like water, hunt Cayman's on beaches and in the water, will leap from the bushes into the water to get them.

I've posted this before, really shows how bad-ass they are, they can hunt on land,water and from above.

https://youtu.be/DBNYwxDZ_pA

https://youtu.be/tyoOw8TTyIE

::cool::

Now, being the kind of person who has often "crossed barriers" at State and National Parks (judiciously for the most part) I have to point out where wild animals are concerned...I don't do that. 

Hopefully this one foolish episode doesn't come back on the cat or the park.  It's a great park with lots to offer.

Here is a link about the park, good pics of the place.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/wildlife-world-zoo-aquarium-safari-park-2681951
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Unfortunate episode at one of my favorite wild animal parks
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
Another episode of People Behaving Badly. It's a pity that some folks can free range when they clearly don't have the sense that God gave a gnat. It's equally sad that society's reaction is to apply the exception rule punishing the many for the foibles of the few.

Whatcha gonna do?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »
Stupid-ass woman demonstrates brainwashing, as in "I have a right to feel safe ....".  The barriers are they as much for the oblivions as for the animals.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 12:51:28 PM »
Eh, I’ve heard of worse attacks @ Wal-Mart on Black Friday . . . 🤣
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 11:07:56 AM »
ALMOST a Darwin winner. She'll have to do better next time.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Syzygy

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 03:18:33 PM »
All interactions with wild animals should be preceded with the magic Tarzan words: "Ungawa,  simba.  Ungawa."
She was obviously not a Johnny Weissmuller fan.   ::)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
All interactions with wild animals should be preceded with the magic Tarzan words: "Ungawa,  simba.  Ungawa."
She was obviously not a Johnny Weissmuller fan.   ::)

I remember Johnny Weissmuller, too.  Oh boy, we old .............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 06:59:38 AM »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.