Author Topic: Desperate Hollywood Ho's w/Stupid Kids - Indicted in Ivy league Bribe Scheme  (Read 8315 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
College Admission: Pay to Sashay
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »
I really fail to see the “crime”, “obstruction” or “criminaliy” here. So you paid mucho dinero & secured your issue a seat in an Ivy League sh*thole.

Does one not pay a higher cost for better concert seat tickets 🎫 ??
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: College Admission: Pay to Sashay
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 11:24:45 AM »
The "problem" here is they are White, and, presumably, so are their kids.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online WilliamVA

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »
If there is a crime, it is the big time Ivy League Institutions at fault.  They've set up all these
walls and barriers, allegedly to attract the smartest.  In reality, money speaks louder.  If it were
really investigated, what is being whined about right now is small scale.  It's been going on for
years with the political upper class. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 11:50:04 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/college-admissions-cheating-scandal-full-list-people-charged-2019-3

In the above list, some are not White.  Asians are discriminated against in college admissions, too.

William, if the walls and barriers were really set up to attract (and admit) the smartest, such as thing as Affirmative Action would not exist.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
If it were really investigated, what is being whined about right now is small scale.  It's been going on for years with the political upper class. - WillaimVA

William, if the walls and barriers were really set up to attract (and admit) the smartest, such as thing as Affirmative Action would not exist. - Pandora

Yes, AA should not exist in the merit-based do-it-yourself world created by Our Founders!  And there will be no investigations William, would they investigate themselves?  The Ivy League especially has been the feeder program for the DeepState for quite a while.  What Rush likes to call the Administrative State, same damn thing!  How many Presidents, Senators etc are Yalies?  Lots.  How many Harvard Law are in Politics and government?  Lots.  Even 75-100 years ago State would only recruit in the Ivy League, still do, and with the advent of the CIA, NSA etc now do the same.  Same for the top Federal Courts - Appeals, SCOTUS...the political appointees to US Attorney posts...the Ivy League dominates.  Other schools now too, like Stanford, Chicago, MIT and such, but always the Ivy League.  So yeah, they've been cherry-picking the AA candidates they deem most likely to be controlled and advanced through their members-only often nepotistic ranks.  How is it that a complete zero like Hussein Obama can go through Harvard Law without anybody even realizing he was even present?  This is no mistake, and now the nouveau riche want to buy a way into the elite ranks for their spoiled spawn.  The only reason these two bimbos got caught is because their kids are too stupid to pass SATs and have no desirable pedigree, no useful ethnicity and little future potential to be exploited by the members.

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
More on this story below
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6799945/Lori-Loughlin-Felicity-Huffman-implicated-massive-college-entrance-exam-cheating-scandal.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6804841/Lori-Loughlin-turns-FBI-college-bribery-charges.html

The bribes were tax deductible, made to a charity.
He says that the super rich donate buildings. The less rich  bribe.
He also says that once in, they are not weeded out. Often no grades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auvd9daACGg
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online patentlymn

• Conservative Hero
 The Ivy League especially has been the feeder program for the DeepState for quite a while.  What Rush likes to call the Administrative State, same damn thing!  How many Presidents, Senators etc are Yalies?  Lots.  How many Harvard Law are in Politics and government?  Lots.  Even 75-100 years ago State would only recruit in the Ivy League, still do, and with the advent of the CIA, NSA etc now do the same.  Same for the top Federal Courts - Appeals, SCOTUS...the political appointees to US Attorney posts...the Ivy League dominates.  Other schools now too, like Stanford, Chicago, MIT and such, but always the Ivy League. ...

Yes. This jumps out at you when you see the CVs of the deep state people in the news.
When the law becomes a ruse, lawlessness becomes legitimate. -unknown

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »

I understand why they’re whining - - but still don’t see the crime. If you want to pay a higher-than-usual entrance fee to get your kid into a particular school - - the government has no right or authority to tell you otherwise.

I personally think it’s status-driven, vain & stupid - but it shouldn’t be illegal.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 09:21:42 PM »

I understand why they’re whining - - but still don’t see the crime. If you want to pay a higher-than-usual entrance fee to get your kid into a particular school - - the government has no right or authority to tell you otherwise.

I personally think it’s status-driven, vain & stupid - but it shouldn’t be illegal.

Who is whining?

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Maybe not as much a whine as it is a lament at the grim state of affairs...

In the meantime,
In between time,
Ain't we got fun...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Maybe not as much a whine as it is a lament at the grim state of affairs...

In the meantime,
In between time,
Ain't we got fun...

Ok, then who is lamenting?  Youse lost me.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:51 AM »

Who is whining?

NY radio stations had random black people from token black organizations whining about the
 unfairness of the system.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
No whining, no lamenting...it is what it is...just another "oh, that?" that will dissipate with a lot of other "that's" once the smoke clears...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Not just education; elsewhere .......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6809589/Lori-Loughlins-daughter-second-cheating-scandal-alleged-rigged-contest.html

'We have to film it again -with Olivia as the winner.' Lori Loughlin's daughter is caught in ANOTHER cheating scandal after claims a TV game show was rigged in her favor and the winning teen stripped of $5K prize.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
A microcosm of how many dysfunctional moonbat units out there?   ::facepalm::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
  Scum bags
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Heh, how scum turns on scum -

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-morrie-tobin-college-admissions-scandal-20190331-story.html

All the players -

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-college-admissions-fraud-corruption-list-20190312-story.html

This Gordon Caplan guy is a real peach...

Caplan, of Greenwich, Conn., and New York is an attorney and co-chairman of the law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher. He is accused of making a $75,000 payment under the guise of a charitable donation for his daughter to participate in the cheating scheme.

He allegedly took his daughter to a psychologist in Los Angeles in order to get medical documentation she would need to receive extended time for an entrance exam. Singer told Caplan that his daughter needed “to be stupid” when a psychologist evaluated her for a learning disability.

The ACT twice denied his daughter's request for extended time before ultimately granting it at the request of law enforcement officials investigating the scheme, according to the complaint.

In a phone call, Singer suggested Caplan hire someone to take classes for his daughter to improve her grades.

Caplan's wife voiced concerns on the call, saying she had a “problem with that,” according to the complaint.

Caplan picked up the phone to speak privately to Singer, and asked, “If somebody catches this, what happens?”

“The only one who can catch it is if you guys tell somebody,” Singer said.

“I am not going to tell anybody,” Caplan said, both laughing, according to the complaint.

Yeah...bet the wife got the last laugh as she hit him with divorce papers...and took the daughter with her. 

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson