Author Topic: 'Yelp for conservatives' MAGA app leaks users data  (Read 2256 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
'Yelp for conservatives' MAGA app leaks users data
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:22:03 PM »
63red Safe app left its backend API exposed online without authentication.

... The app, named "63red Safe," features a motto of "keeping conservatives safe" and was launched over the weekend on the Apple and Google mobile app stores.

The app describes itself as a service where users can read or write "reviews of local restaurant and businesses from a conservative perspective, helping insure[sic] you're safe when you shop and eat!"

In media interviews, Scott Wallace, the app's creator said he built the app after a series of incidents where conservatives were forced to leave or take MAGA gear off to eat at restaurants or enter various businesses across the US.

But according to Baptiste Robert, a French security researcher who goes online under the pseudonym of Elliot Anderson (the name of the main character from the Mr. Robot TV show about hackers), the 63red Safe app is leaking almost all of its data.

Baptiste Robert, when asked if he'd notified the company of the leak, said, "I didn't contact them," Robert told us. "Let's say I don't really like Trump fans."
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 'Yelp for conservatives' MAGA app leaks users data
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »
Mailicious, evil...intentional.  That's how demofascists roll.

I am eager for the day when their treasonous cadavers are rotting on pikes.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.