Author Topic: Extreme Risk Protection Order and Violence Prevention Act of 2019.”  (Read 4223 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
aka Red Flag Laws

The Judiciary Committee is "studying" the issue known as S7, in preparation for a vote.

This cannot make it out of Committee; I do not trust the Turtle (McConnell) not to put it to a full vote and when it passes, which I believe it will, I do not trust Trump to veto it.

These are Judiciary Committee members:

Sen. Lindsay Graham (SC) (Chairman)    (202) 224-5972
Sen. Chuck Grassley (IA)    (202) 224-3744
Sen. John Cornyn (TX)    (202) 224-2934
Sen. Mike Lee (UT)    (202) 224-5444
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)    (202) 224-5922
Sen. Ben Sasse (NE)    (202) 224-4224
Sen. Joshua Hawley (MO)    (202) 224-6154
Sen. Joni Ernst (IA)    (202) 224-3254
Sen. Mike Crapo (ID)    (202) 224-6142
Sen. John Kennedy (LA)    (202) 224-4623
Sen. Marsha Blackburn (TN)    (202) 224-3344

Maybe Monday morning you want to give 'em a jingle to let 'em know you're NOT  HAPPY!  Maybe it's a waste of time, maybe not, but if we don't make noise about this, they'll be free to assume no one cares (and there's a good chance they don't care that we care, either).
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online WilliamVA

aka Red Flag Laws

The Judiciary Committee is "studying" the issue known as S7, in preparation for a vote.

This cannot make it out of Committee; I do not trust the Turtle (McConnell) not to put it to a full vote and when it passes, which I believe it will, I do not trust Trump to veto it.

These are Judiciary Committee members:

Sen. Lindsay Graham (SC) (Chairman)    (202) 224-5972
Sen. Chuck Grassley (IA)    (202) 224-3744
Sen. John Cornyn (TX)    (202) 224-2934
Sen. Mike Lee (UT)    (202) 224-5444
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)    (202) 224-5922
Sen. Ben Sasse (NE)    (202) 224-4224
Sen. Joshua Hawley (MO)    (202) 224-6154
Sen. Joni Ernst (IA)    (202) 224-3254
Sen. Mike Crapo (ID)    (202) 224-6142
Sen. John Kennedy (LA)    (202) 224-4623
Sen. Marsha Blackburn (TN)    (202) 224-3344

Maybe Monday morning you want to give 'em a jingle to let 'em know you're NOT  HAPPY!  Maybe it's a waste of time, maybe not, but if we don't make noise about this, they'll be free to assume no one cares (and there's a good chance they don't care that we care, either).

This is trying, as a "sense of Congress" proposal to get the States to setup a system under Federal Law they can sieze individuals guns.
Their interpretation of a "family member, household member"  seems to include even the hobo sleeping under the back porch"  This is
not a very bright proposal, the existing Supreme Court gun control rulings stand against such a gobbledeegook law. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
You want to leave it up to the Supremes?  I don't.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Minnestupid Demofascist House already pushing this crap...the Senate is barely in RINO/AINO hands and Gov. "No Balz" Walz would sign it if passed and I will be an outlaw willing to die to keep my rights if it comes to it so in the end is there anybody we can trust besides ourselves?

I'm all for doing whatever can be done...if for no other reason than to let would-be tyrants know a big segment of us will not go quietly into their nightmarish night!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Some DemoFascisti in PA not happy with incrementalism...want to go the classical fascist method of registration before confiscation...

https://www.weaselzippers.us/414095-video-pennsylvania-submits-firearms-registration-bill/

People should descend on the capitol sporting these -

PA Dems not hiding their fascism at all.

Tick-Tock, Fascists!

Offline Solo

• Newb
Minnestupid Demofascist House already pushing this crap...the Senate is barely in RINO/AINO hands and Gov. "No Balz" Walz would sign it if passed and I will be an outlaw willing to die to keep my rights if it comes to it so in the end is there anybody we can trust besides ourselves?

I'm all for doing whatever can be done...if for no other reason than to let would-be tyrants know a big segment of us will not go quietly into their nightmarish night!

The mere notion that the government can seize your firearms without due process of law turns the 4th Amendment on its head.
Sure...they'll claim that a judge's warrant is sufficient to fulfill the requirements of the 4th, but the fact is that they're seizing your property without giving you the opportunity to defend your 4th Amendment rights or to face and question your accuser.

There is supposed to be a specific crime associated with the seizure of "evidence".  But..in this case, your firearms are not "evidence" of a crime.  What they're really doing is seizing the tools that someone "suspects" you might use in the commission of a crime which hasn't, to that point, taken place.

It's a lot like seizing your car because they're afraid that you might commit a "Hit and Run"...or drive drunk.

Unfortunately....I strongly suspect that the Supreme Court just might let this law stand.  The reason is that i believe that they would fear that vacating this law would open the door to challenging airport searches or police 'Stop and Frisk" tactics.  Both of which are on very shaky 4th Amendment grounds.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
All I got to say about this is

::overkill::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Solo - Well, if something is on shaky grounds it should be tossed out as well...not added to!

What follows will be more of the same...to legalize the illegal seizure under any grounds...the very reason the Founders rebelled and codified God-given rights that cannot be taken away by any mortal!

The only way they win is if we surrender!

Eff that noise!!!

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
And the Psy-Op to justify Colorado's new Red Flag law is off to a great start.

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2019A/bills/2019a_1177_enr.pdf

13-14.5-105 3f

(2) UPON HEARING THE MATTER,IF THE COURT FINDS BY CLEAR AND
CONVINCING EVIDENCE, BASED ON THE EVIDENCE PRESENTED PURSUANT TO
SUBSECTION(3)OF THIS SECTION, THAT THE RESPONDENT POSES A
SIGNIFICANT RISK OF CAUSING PERSONAL INJURY TO SELF OR OTHERS BY
HAVING IN HIS OR HER CUSTODY OR CONTROL A FIREARM OR BY
PURCHASING,POSSESSING ,OR RECEIVING A FIREARM THE COURT SHALL
ISSUE AN EXTREME RISK PROTECTION ORDER FOR A PERIOD OF THREE
HUNDRED SIXTY FOUR DAYS

(3) IN DETERMINING WHETHER GROUNDS FOR AN EXTREME RISK
PROTECTION ORDER EXIST,THE COURT MAY CONSIDER ANY RELEVANT
EVIDENCE,INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

(f) THE RESPONDENT'S OWNERSHIP,ACCESS TO,OR INTENT TO POSSESS A FIREARM

Notice that simply owning or seeking to own a firearm is considered evidence you are a risk. That all by itself is sufficient for issuing an order.
Also Notice that the list isn't limiting. Wearing a MAGA hat - also can be "evidence."
Having "right wing ideas" - is also evidence
"distrusting the police"  is also evidence. 

Treat people like enemies of the State and they might start treating the state as an enemy.
That statement I made there? Also evidence.

And then , less than a week after that law passes...

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/sol-pais/

So a woman ALREADY under investigation by the FBI, boards a plane, giving the FBI 4 hours to set up a tail on her..  and then purchases a gun ( therefore waiting for and passing a NICs check -  giving LE even more time to find her and tail her)  and then gets a ride to the "foothills" ( Care to be more specific? No)  and is no in a unknown location? Who gave her the ride?

And we shut down Schools -(  My Kids are home today and we aren't even in the Denver Metro area) because she is considered such a threat.. but then its revealed there are NO WARRANTS for her arrest?  So what are you going to do when you find her? Talk to her sternly?  If she made "credible threats" - she can be arrested on that basis. SO where is the warrant?  Can't even get a judge to sign off on it? Maybe getting a psychiatric hold ? No, she hasn't done anything to deserve a warrant for that either?

The Jefferson County Police dept. , in theory "leading the manhunt" seems to know NOTHING about the suspect - not even what threats were made or   how those threats were delivered.  Its an FBI operation , you see. 

https://www.9news.com/video/news/crime/jeffco-sheriffs-office-pio-gives-update-on-credible-threat-that-prompted-school-lockdowns/73-32ce093c-fada-40d5-b7c2-de4487e10ff3

So a person with no arrest warrant  got on a plane and legally purchased a shot gun and the FBI says she is a threat
And the whole school system in Colorado shuts down - like it was some major emergency -like we had... a wounded and bleeding Boston bomber not being tracked by bloodhounds wandering around, so we NEED to shut EVERYTHING the f**k down. See? Its really, really important.

And anyone want to bet disaster will be "narrowly avoided" because  they use this new Red Flag law to deprive her of the shotgun?  After all they need some serious PR work - since most Colorado sheriffs ( including Jefferson County)  have told them to shove it .

https://www.rallyforourrights.com/colorado-counties-declared-gun-rights-sanctuary-red-flag-erpo/

This woman probably had a "beach Friend" at the FBI  pushing her over the edge - or is simply a covert agent herself playing the part. But I guess we will see, won't we. I wouldn't put it beyond Democrats to kill kids to justify thier unconstitutional and immoral violation of gun rights.

Update:  Apparently she was found dead in the woods near Mount Evans.
The trouble with using nutjobs as assassins is they are so unreliable.

Either way - mission accomplished - Over reaction to the "threat" - - fear , doubt and uncertainty sown, defense of "red flag law" as perfect for this situation in 4..3..2.. 1...

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 12:46:39 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
"The fact that you resent this tells me everything I need to know about your attitude and intentions."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
They know not the bitter harvest they are about to receive...but they will...just as Our Founders intended.