Author Topic: Virginia County Forces Local Pizzeria to Paint Over Pizza Mural  (Read 658 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
This Is How You Fight Back Against Nonsensical Zoning

... Goody's is a beloved pizza restaurant located in the Clarendon neighborhood of Arlington. It's small, quaint, and locally owned. It's also been praised for supporting local artists. After the ownership changed hands, the new owners commissioned artists to adorn the outside walls with a mural of delicious pizza and other food offerings on top of an Italian flag. It was done tastefully and, frankly, was a fun addition to an otherwise drab commercial area lacking in personality. The county, however, decided to step in and force the restaurant to paint over the mural.

According to local news organization ARLnow, "The county’s planning department warned the Clarendon staple that Arlington’s zoning ordinance requires permits for artwork that 'relates to the advertisement of a business and its services' and that without a permit they’d be forced to paint over the mural."

Permit. Right.

Sooooo, now, this is what the county planning department can look at instead:

Gotcher li'l tweet right here, too

Goody's was like "Hey @ArlingtonVA, I see your heavy handed regulation, and raise you an eye-sore paint job that is fully compliant."

Thanks @ArlingtonVA, now we get to see this every day!
    — Josh Roll (@JoshRoll) March 15, 2019
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Virginia County Forces Local Pizzeria to Paint Over Pizza Mural
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 08:35:08 PM »
  Lost the battle won the war.   The idiots could have made an agreement with the owner but they had to show him who was in charge so they could get a couple of bucks out of him.   But if a member of the LGBT community did it all you would get is praise for being creative.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Virginia County Forces Local Pizzeria to Paint Over Pizza Mural
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:24:40 AM »
Not just a gender-confused JF...if any cherished tribe of the Progressive Plantation did it, they would be cheering its diversity, praising its artistic merits even if it looked hideous!

I like this owner...

...he knows how to say  ::doublebird::  I got yer permit raaaaaght here!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.